1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Blue blockers at work or in public?

Discussion in 'Beginners Area' started by John Smith, Sep 27, 2016.

1. John Smith

John Smith New Member

Hey guys,

What do you say to your colleagues at work and clients/customers if they ask you about your blue blocking glasses or BPI 550 tinted prescription glasses?

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I educate them. If they want to learn I tell them more. IF they mock it I ignore them from that point forward.

3. Jenny S

Jenny S Gold

You can buy clear ones that block 99% blue light

caroline likes this.
  4. caroline

caroline Moderator

my clear ones are supposed to block blue lite - but they don't.

we love our new carbon shades ....they seem to be very well made and block a lot more blue lite than our old cheapies from amazon.

of course - they did cost $300.00 to get them to Oz -ouch! We love the look of them and the last time we wore them in public - no one said a word.

5. Toby King

Toby King Gold

The clear ones only block very high frequency blue light. If you are talking about Zenni Optical's "blueblockers" they only work for blocking below 450nm if I am not mistaken. This is not very effective for preventing melatonin suppression.

6. Jenny S

Jenny S Gold

Zenni blocks high-energy visible (HEV) blue light and provides maximum UV protection.

This is what they state on their website so does this mean Toby is right - find this very confusing!

7. Jenny S

Jenny S Gold

I did ask this a while ago - difference between high & low energy blue light?
    I was looking for some blue blockers on line & found ones that state this -
    blocks 90% of high energy blue light (To provide maximum protection)
    Lets through 70% of low energy blue light (For minimal color distortion)
    Does this mean they are good or not so good?
    Jack answered this - Frequency. anything north of 385 nm is high power blue light. Lower power blue light is 470-500nm
    but I still don't understand whether these are ok or not - anyone help?

8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

They are too risk to chance because melanopsin receptors operate 435-465nm.

9. Jenny S

Jenny S Gold

Thank you again - looks like still got to wear the stylish orange glasses!

Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
  10. Marie Zenack

Marie Zenack New Member

I just got my first pair of blue blockers from Amazon. They are shaped like a welder's safety glasses. I would love to find "stylish orange glasses." And where do I find the best blockers? I want to give them to my 7 grandchildren for Christmas this year!

11. Marie Zenack

Marie Zenack New Member

Where did you get/order them? I am looking for the most effective blue blockers for myself and 7 grandchildren! I got a pair from Amazon and I guess they work but them look like welder's safety glasses. Not sure my grandchildren would wear them...

12. Sujoe123

Sujoe123 New Member

lessemf.com has good selections for phones, computer screens, light bulbs etc...even fabrics for walls and curtains

caroline likes this.
  13. caroline

caroline Moderator

google carbon shades - the guy there is very helpful.

14. Sujoe123

Sujoe123 New Member

15. Sujoe123

Sujoe123 New Member

they also sell a Trifield Meter to test electrical and magnetic fields. Excellent to evaluate and open your eyes to the importance of a safe distance from light sockets , lamps, microwaves, etc in the home....you can see the huge magnetic fields of hairdryers and fans.I use the Acoustimeter for Wi-Fi and Smartmeter Safety evaluations. There is also a meter to test for excess dirty electricity in your home and plugins that diminish that. I can't remember the name of that meter. At one time I thought that I wanted to learn this well enough to advise people on it's safety and how to manipulate their environment to diminish EMF exposure. At that time I was working part time for and Integrative Medicine physician . Then I realized that I didn't know enough about electricity to really do this as a business. Plus you have to tell a lot of people" you just need to move" and people are unwilling to do that or unwilling to spend the money for the shielding. They also have some very interesting books to read.