1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Blue blocker

Discussion in 'The Leptin Rx' started by Jasmin, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Jasmin

Jasmin New Member

Can someone help me with finding out where to buy blue blocker glasses and bulbs. I have found different glasses at amazon but dont know wich one I should choose and I have not found the bulbs yet :confused:

2. Coriander

Coriander Silver

3. I'm using the Uvex S1933X "Skyper" which works well. (Everything blue appears black when seen through these)

They are super cheap, so I have several pairs at home, in my car, in my boat etc. They are not exactly fashionable, though.. :cool:

4. Endless

Endless Guest

I have those too, but I can still see some blue....wonder if that means they are not enough?

5. nate.reik@yahoo.com

nate.reik@yahoo.com New Member

http://rs.nationalsafetyinc.com/company_79//UvexLensTechnology.pdf

Check out the charts they have for the different color lenses. The SCT ones are about as good as you could get for blocking blue, I'd think. Did Jack put a wavelength limit on it? For some reason 520nm sticks in my head as a cutoff point?

Either way, you're good up to 540 w/ these. For the price, they certainly can't be beat.

6. Jasmin

Jasmin New Member

Thank you so much :)

7. Anyone have any fit overs to recommend? I have glasses already....I got some from Amazon (Amber color) that are wrap around but how do I know if they're doing what they should? Anyone know a brand that is wrap around that doesn't cost $70 etc? Thanks!

8. freshveggies

freshveggies Silver

9. Thanks so much fresh veggies (great name!)....

Anyone know whether ANY yellow bulbs would work, like these here, for regular lights?

10. Lyndra

Lyndra Gold

Those look promising and are a whole lot cheaper than lowbluelights.com. The orange fluorescent I recently bought at Home Depot passed the "CD test" (wiggle a CD in the light and see if the blue spectrum disappears). I'll try a few of these and see how it goes. Thanks for the link!

11. Lyndra

Lyndra Gold

I've tried a "bug" light and it did not remove the blue spectrum.

12. Thanks, Lyndra. I guess I will just use it as an actual bug light!