1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Blue blocker prescription glasses?

Discussion in 'The Cave' started by caroline, Nov 4, 2013.

1. caroline

caroline Moderator

Has any one got blueblocker prescription glasses? I have to get new glasses so want to get this.

I was pretty confused....

do I just want a yellow tint? antifatigue? U.V. guard?

there are some new lenses called "blue control" they apparently have a bit of a blue tint and are for use with computers, ipads, iphone etc. The optometrist seemed to think they are a gimmick.

He isn't so sure about all of this - but is lovely - and will go with what I want ....but...what do I want???
    I just asked him to pretend that he does agree with me!!

any help would be greatly appreciated..... thanx

Gretchen - I know you do ...I tried to pm you - but of course it still isn't working.....

2. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

We have acompany here that supposedly makes them but a quick google tells me that this would be a very uncommon thing. Failing everything ,Blueblocker do clip on sunglasses in varying sizes . That might be an option.

3. Ralef

Ralef Silver

i have blue blocker glasses from the optometrist. Usually they are used to help with retina diseases, if you have such a disease they are prescribed here in germany. I had paid it on my own. I'm wearing them at the computer at work and on my way home when its dark after sunset. i paid 600 € for them. manufactorers for the glasses are Multilens, Zeiss, Rodenstock and Essilor.

4. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

I would try the CD-ROM trick before buying them. Does the rainbow visible on the CD surface still show purple and blue when you look through the lenses? If not, buy them quick!
    They do have sample lenses, right?

Cpt.Tired likes this.
  5. caroline

caroline Moderator

Thanks for that Ralef ......one of the ones I was lookng at is .....Essilor antifatigue

I am going to google some more after the webinar...... can I get back to you with more questions later today?

Are your glasses working for you? what company made yours?

Thanks!

some are very, very expensive and I can't seem to figure out what the difference is. THe optometrist isn't enough help because he thinks they are bogus - which is worrying....

Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
  6. caroline

caroline Moderator

CD-ROM trick???

7. Jude

Jude Gold

Gretchen posted a photo of her blue blockers on circadian bio hackers a couple of days ago....just tried to find link....can't sorry. They seemed a amber/dark rose colour.

8. caroline

caroline Moderator

I do have some that fit over my glasses but they are always falling off .... and I need to see better!!!
    Thanx!

9. caroline

caroline Moderator

I tried to pm Gretchen ....... maybe I will go to her site ....thanks Jude.

Are you doing the webinar today? gotta check the time!!

10. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Caroline

yes I have these here's what you want to ask for: Blue Blocker w/ Antireflective coating (pinkish orange tint is the color of the lenses - they're not amber - but they block all blue/violet light and some greens)

sorry its taken so long to answer - been a bit overwhelmed w/work, the website/blog, family etc....

11. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

get a cd rom and turn the shiny surface up until you see rainbow - put on glasses - if you can't see blue or violet (purple) BUY Glasses

12. caroline

caroline Moderator

Gretchen - thanks BTW..... do you have to have the antireflective coating? I find they attract so much dirt and are hard to keep clean.

13. Jude

Jude Gold

Thought it was the 12th?????

14. ATL_Paleo

ATL_Paleo Gold

The start date has apparently been postponed by one week.

15. caroline

caroline Moderator

I just never get this right! I, at first, thought it was today because it said Tuesday! I was so worried about the time - I mixed up the day! now it is postponed - so I have to figure this all out again next week! Why do I make this so hard....
    I always worry so much about missing it that I overcompensate......I need to start drinking more wine and chill out.....

16. caroline

caroline Moderator

Back to the blueblockers .... as far as prescription glasses go - it seems to be a minefield. A lot of companies have jumped on board - but optometrists and dispensers know little to nothing. A few are advertising 15% reduction .... how can that be good enough???

From what I can gather - I want amber glasses for sure...... but my eyeglass store says the one pair they have seen are clear.....that can't be right?

17. Jude

Jude Gold

Don't stress Caroline.....I started to and then looked for confirmation email....which I found suprise, suprise for me...so for once am cool! We definitely need an Aussie alert for next week.....er sorry ...Sth Hemi alert for all of us down here! Freesia seems to get the time difference...and is pretty much on top of things! ....maybe our most southern hemi friends in NZ may look after us!

18. caroline

caroline Moderator

I think Freesia missed some of the free one too because the provider screwed up. I think she missed more than an hour.

I am already starting to worry about next week .... LOL

Was it scotch that your DH suggested I start drinking???? I don't think I could mix it up more than I have ....even if I was in an alcohol stupor!!

Back to the glasses ..... you don't know anything about them? I am anxious to get new glasses because my script has changed - but trying to sort this out is driving me nuts!

with the new script I will actually be able to see.......

The only company that seems to be straight forward is Oakley - but they are sunglasses....

19. Jude

Jude Gold

My local optometrist showed me amber lenses and they sure do work...tried it with all the blue lights etc.
    By the way..his wife follows JK!

It seems to me that we want a disguised amber...a blend of colours to minimise the amber, but not the effect. This seems to be how I would describe Gretchen's as they certainly didn't look amber and were not particularly dark. My old sunnies are very dark but yet I can still see the blue light of the computer with them on, so I guess testing the lens against blue/violet lights before buying is necessary. Haven't been back to check out more lenses.

20. freesia

freesia Old Member

No I didn't miss any - I just checked what the actual time on the clock in the Central time zone was and used that as my time point to know how long til start time.
    The provider didn't really stuff up it just used a non adjusted (for daylight savings) default. Perhaps with us having recently gone forward, and the Northern peeps about to go back it makes sense to use a default.

Yes I'll look after you both...I'm from the future so it's my duty!! ;)
    Lets stay in touch on it. :D

Cpt.Tired likes this.