1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum. After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum. Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis. Sorry for the Inconvenience, but we hope you understand that this is needed to prevent the community from being ridden with malicious users!

Blood Work came back not so great

Discussion in 'The Leptin Rx' started by Josh Tamblyn, Apr 16, 2017.

1. Josh Tamblyn

Josh Tamblyn New Member

I had had a very basic blood panel done in January with LDL @ 103 HDL @ 46 and Cholesterol @ 186.. The past 7 weeks I have been following the lepton reset as closely as possible. Eating fish and grass fed meat daily using Kerry gold butter, mct oil, brain octane etc.

New blood tests as of last week show that LDL went up to 180. HDL went down to 36 and cholesterol went up to 240. Test also show I am low in vit d 16.6.

So now I'm wondering with these results where do I stand? 7 weeks on Leptin RX and I have dropped 30lbs but blood panels are not great....thinking I should cut back on fat and red meat and stick to fish and leaner meats.

My current macro break down is:
    P 86-100g
    F 150-180g
    C less than 25g daily

Thanks for the help!
  2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Tells us that your environment is really not bueno. Read the Redox blog.......lots of clues there.
  3. Josh Tamblyn

Josh Tamblyn New Member

Thanks Jack.

As soon as I finished writing I dug around and stumbled on some useful information. Sounds like I have many changes to make and supplements to implement.

As a follow up to those numbers posted my triglycerides were at 125 and glucose at 72 (12 hr fast) I'm curious as those seem "standard" do these numbers narrow down specific dysfunctions?

Additional context I am 30 yrs old 5'11 263# down from #291. Athletic build but definitely flabby and jiggly. I was 370 at peak high school years and at my lowest I got down to 225, a year after getting out of the military and following paleo ish diet with lots of crossfit.

I am around a ton of nnEMF as my career of choice is web development. So finding a balance will be the greatest challenge.
  4. JanSz

JanSz Silver

This is not just bad, this is emergency.
    For a while do not worry about anything else, just get your vit D up (naturally).
    ait at
    Vitamin D (25-Hydroxyvitamin D)(250nmol/L=100.16ng/mL)

5. Josh Tamblyn

Josh Tamblyn New Member

Yeah the redox blog dropped some knowledge and gave me a much better look into what is going on. Explains a lot of the pitfalls I have been experiencing in the past. I'm going all in and making plans to have a full hormonal work up done. Was thinking of the Dutch test? I'm using the VA healthcare system and they are under the impression that beside the low levels of d and high ldl and cholesterol I am fine so they do not see a need for further testing.

I just picked up the life extension supplement pack as per this blog and will be aiming for 60 min of direct sunlight daily, and supplementing. I do live in New Hampshire so I'm guessing that my total vit d from the sun will be small until the summer months. In terms of the supplemental vitamin d3 what should I be aiming for 10000 IU daily? Or more?

I am also going to assume that I should be limiting exercise...as much as I would like to start working out again.

Thanks for the help!
  6. JanSz

JanSz Silver

Look up Red Sperti here, that would help you with vit D and A.
    Artificial lighting management for a human locked in small room.
    https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/pg-e2-ratio.6427/page-4

Do not make any direct cholesterol adjustments.
    But if you would do
    Spectracell tests

Micronutrient Test (MNT)
    CardioMetabolic Risk
    you could find any reasons why cholesterol is out.

Dutch
    spectracell
    and
    Fatty Acid Profile, Comprehensive (C8-C26), Serum
    cover lots of health indicators.

VA healthcare system

Thank you for your service.

7. Josh Tamblyn

Josh Tamblyn New Member

Thanks for all the information.

I wanted to just touch on a few other questions I have.

Regarding my food intake and eating twice a day you recommended in another thread that I should shorten the time between meals. If I am eating with 30 min of waking I will be eating breakfast around 530/6am. What would you recommend for time in between meals? 3- 4pm?

Also @ 5'11 260# should I be eating more than 2000 calories and not exercising or would I be better served eating 2400 ish cals and exercising at a low to moderate intensity 2-3 times per week?

Thanks again!
  8. Allin

Allin New Member

Josh, You need to install the dMinder app on your phone. It will tell you when UV a&b are available at your location and get some of it throughout the day. You need to do CT. CT will help mitigate some of the EMF and help loose your FAT without exercise. Spend 30-40 minutes in the tube instead of inside in the gym. Also you need to wear blue blocking eye wear when you are on the computer.