1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Blood sugar drop after eating

Discussion in 'Ask Jack' started by cbelling, Apr 11, 2012.

1. cbelling

cbelling New Member

This morning after eating breakfast (eggs, bacon, protein shake with water) my blood sugar dropped from 87 to 61 about 30 minutes after eating. An hour and a half later it was back up to 86.

Is this normal?

2. shilohman

shilohman New Member

Try eliminating the protein shake, the protein has sugar in it and see if the same thing happens. Jack says no whey protein because of the insulin spike you get from the sugar.

3. cbelling

cbelling New Member

Thanks, I will give that a shot.

The whey protein I am using (isopure low carb) claims there is zero sugar but there is sucralose so maybe that is the problem.

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

normal.......

5. donkjellberg

donkjellberg Silver

Yeah, try to ditch the protein shake and just eat real food. I ditched mine recently and haven't looked back. Maybe for a treat on a rare occasion since it is so sweet and chocolately. I lost my sweet July 2010. I can't eat a slice of traditional cake without feeling like I got hit by a toxic sugar train, ewww.

6. cbelling

cbelling New Member

It was definitely the protein shake. Kept everything the same and blood sugar went up a couple of points this time.

7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

closed...........