1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Blood Pressure then and now

Discussion in 'Optimal Labs' started by Glen PDQ, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Glen PDQ

Glen PDQ New Member

I have not had any labs done since starting VLC paleo near the first of Spring transitioning to VLC epipaleo however I took my BP at one of the sit-down BP machines at the local K-mart pharmacy. Early in the year my BP was 130 something over 80 something. Two weeks ago I used the same machine and my BP was 114/69. This is after losing a total of 52 pounds since early Spring. I AM considering getting a glucose meter to satisfy my curiosity about the effect of ketones, certain foods, and at different times of the day.

In case someone could use the info, I read today that IV vitamin C can cause false high blood glucose readings. Anecdotally, someone on the Vitamin C Foundation wrote that oral liposomal vitamin C gave him higher glucose readings. Could be another case of a false reading? It made me wonder how the brain utilizes vitamin C when the body is in a ketogenic state since glucose is just one enzyme away from being vitamin C.

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

BP is a function of the bio energenic metabolites for energy replenishment.......IV Mg has massive effects on BP. Just look at pre-eclampsia patients......and when you back it up with support for the mitochondria your BP will further go down. To get it to work longer term you need to slowly replenish those factors........niacin, B6, Mg, L-carnitine, D ribose, CoenQ10

3. Glen PDQ

Glen PDQ New Member

Coincidentally, I just started using a Coenzyme B Complex and Folinic acid (the reduced form of folic acid), and per your recommendation upped my intake of supplemental reduced CoQ10 to 400 mg per day. I will check the BP again in a few weeks.

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

YOu might also add Acetyl L carnitine to maximize your ability to transfer fats across your inner mitochondrial membrane.......more efficiently. When you do this and optimize mitochondrial fatty acid oxidation in the heart it produces maximum cardiac fiber relaxations and decreases diastolic pressures very quickly. It simultaneously improve cardiac energy generations all both lower your BP big time.

5. Thor

Thor Banned

good information

6. chocolate

chocolate Silver

http://www.foodinsight.org/Newsletter/Detail.aspx?topic=Potassium_Milligrams_Can_Help_Manage_Millimeters_of_Mercury

Potassium: Milligrams Can Help Manage Millimeters of Mercury

7. WannaBeOptimal

WannaBeOptimal New Member

Glen...what is your source for the co b complex/folinic acid?

8. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I am guessing, this my be considered.

http://www.amazon.com/Life-Extension-Mitochondrial-Optimizer-Capsules/dp/B004B3K6E2/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1353289041&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=Mitochondrial+Energy+Optimizer+with+BioPQQ%C2%99

Mitochondrial Energy Optimizer with BioPQQ™

Serving Size 4 capsules

Servings Per Container 30

Amount Per Serving

Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxal 5’-phosphate) 100 mg

Calcium (as calcium carbonate) 175 mg

Sodium 25 mg

Carnosine 1000 mg

ArginoCarn® Acetyl-L-carnitine arginate dihydrochloride 675 mg

Benfotiamine 150 mg

R-Lipoic Acid (as microencapsulated Bio-Enhanced® stabilized Na-RALA sodium R-lipoate) 150 mg

BioPQQ™ Pyrroloquinoline quinone disodium salt 10 mg

Luteolin (high purity luteolin as Pureolin™) 8 mg

Other ingredients: gelatin, vegetable stearate, silica.

Contains soybeans.