1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Blood Pressure Spiking at Dark

Discussion in 'Biohacking 101' started by Huck, Jan 18, 2015.

1. Huck

Huck Silver

In Oct, I went to ER because blood pressure was over 230/120. By the time a doctor finally saw me, bp had dropped to about 180/100. They monitored me, ran ekg, and gave me another pill. After 2 hours, bp was down a little more and they discharged me with instructions to see my pcp.

PCP put me on some drugs and bp was ok until 3 days ago.

1/15, 1/16, 1/17 and it looks like it is happening again tonight (1/18), my bp is normal from about 10 am until about 5 pm. Then it starts going up quite rapidly and by 7 pm is over 150/85. By 9 pm it is well over 170/90, and I have seen numbers as high as 230/130. By morning it has usually come down quite a bit and returns to normal after I take the morning medication.

All of the episodes were at night, starting sometime between 6 pm and 9 pm and maxing out sometime between 11pm and 2 am.

I believe this is called malignant hypertension. All I am finding on the web is a bunch of frustrated people who have been to the ER several times, tried just about every possible medication, and had every test the doctors can think of, with little to no success.

Hopefully I am seeing my pcp tomorrow for some tests. I think she is going for the basics: kidneys, adrenals, thyroid.

I have increased my water (spring) consumption, increased my magnesium, been really careful with diet, grounded for about 1/2 hour a day, and started walking again. The grounding and walking lower my bp during the day, but the effect only seems to last for a couple of hours.

My doc and I changed when I take some of the medication to take it about 5 pm, just before the rapid increase starts. Tonight is the 1st time to try it and I don't think it is helping. Between 4:30 pm and 6:30 pm, bp increased from 124/77 to 143/76. The systolic seems to increase by about 10 points an hour.

So I need some ideas.

Could the increase in bp be related to change from daylight to night? If so, what can I try?
    What tests should I have run?

Thanks for any help you can give. It is scary having this kind of problem happening late at night when you know if you go to the ER, you will just sit and wait for hours - unless you have a heart attack or stroke!

2. Inger

Inger Silver

Huck, are you avoid all fake lights after sunset?

3. Huck

Huck Silver

I tested every hour yesterday to identify when this happens.

At 5 pm, when it is still light, BP starts to increase. My doc and I switched some of my BP meds around so I took some right when the increase started. This seemed to work last night.

I need to better about artificial lights. I think the red light on my heater is the only light that stays on in the bedroom.

4. kovita

kovita Gold

how is your cortisol? have you done ASI? For sure there are many different things that could be happening....

5. kovita

kovita Gold

just thoughts...your rising BP does not responde well the BP medication. If i recall well most of the BP meds work on renin system, so i would definitely think in adrenalin. Adrenalin as well raises the BP very quickly. Now what could cause massive adrenaline release connected witht the change from the light to the darkness? Have you tested whether the same happens if you fake night during the day or it is directly connected to the biological clock in you? have you tried some meditation/relaxation techniques to see what will happen?

6. Huck

Huck Silver

Cortisol was low when I did ASI. Sometimes I use a progesterone cream and I think that boosts my cortisol. I also changed to methylated versions of B12, lipoic acid, and folate. Energy level has improved since then.

Haven't tried to fake night. Actually, I'm scared to do anything that might bring it on.

I have tried a relaxation method that usually relaxes me. When these episodes come on, I feel like I can relax my body, but my brain goes into overdrive. I have also tried EFT (tapping), but I don't see any obvious difference. Also tried deep breathing. It seems to help when BP is a little high, but has no noticeable effect when systolic is over 200.

I had a doc appt today and gave a copy of TENSEGRITY #7: BLACK HOLE SUN, HERE WE COME to my doc and her RN. I don't understand very much of it, but I know that I need protons to feel good. In summer, my bp drops considerably, in fact 2 summers ago, I was completely off bp medication. I have a followup in 10 days, so I hope they read and can make suggestions based on it.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2015
  7. caroline

caroline Moderator

Hi Huck! you have a heater in your bedroom???

8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

How is BP affected? You need the accessory proton pump in arteries.......ala Pollack's work. When plasma is in hydrophilic tube a large central EZ is made that increase uni-directional flow free of energy charge.......when you lose that ability your heart must make up the difference. This increases the outflow from the PVN. It can be cause be a loss of electrons in the vessels to make the arteries hydrophobic and less able to make the proton flows. What powers the plasma and proton flows? The sun........skin power's the zeta potential and makes the EZ and you need the sulfated D3 and cholesterol to make the hydrophilic walls of the arteries..............quantum jazz at work for high BP.

9. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Vitamin D3 is a calcium channel blocker..........a natural BP medicine. And this is happening to you at night......when no sun is present. Tells me your redox is bad bad bad........

Josh likes this.
  10. Jude

Jude Gold

Huck, great input from JK.
    You need to start a journal and lay out exactly what you are doing to improve your condition:)
    Most folk start out with a compromised redox........however...JK mentions yours is bad......you're in the right place to learn how to reverse health probs....just takes time, lots of reading and sometimes keeping a journal is very important so other helpful folk can chime in:)

Have you read the blogs? The Epi PaleoRx by Dr K?
    Can you up your intake of sulphur foods(epi paleo) and increase sun exposure/grounding?

There is another chap who posts with the same problem.....and who uses the sun to control his pressure.......just can't remember who:(

11. BTA

BTA New Member

12. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Skin and blood are big players in BP.......why? The effects of pulsed non native irradiation may also be transmitted chemically in the blood. It affects the ion balance on colloidal particles such as those in blood plasma, giving them the ability to remove calcium ions from surfaces go make cell go from hydrophilic to hydrophobic. EMF also dehydrates so it makes sense a cell would become more hydrophobic as you get dehydrated. The effect on intracellular water is to lower the size of the EZ and the result is a higher BP. This effect is routinely used in electronic water conditioners to remove lime scale in water systems. However, the treated water has biological effects similar to direct irradiation, presumably due to its removing calcium from cell membranes. When this process happens in cell membranes you short circuit the Dirac mass of your topologic insulators.........and you lose you magnetic sense.

Topologic insulators are inherently chaotic on their surface and naturally show extreme disorder of the surface electrons on cell membranes. In plasma research individual electrons act as massless electrons, but groups of these electrons form a quasi-like crystalline structure on the surface that is chaotic but has a definite mass. This is known as the "Dirac mass." This Dirac mass is interesting for biophysics because of how it can interact with magnetic fields...........(large breadcrumb alerts)

Josh likes this.
  13. Huck

Huck Silver

Thanks for input. I printed it off and will spend time today trying to translate what was said into actions I need to take.
    • I am drinking spring and distilled water.
    • I take 15000 iu/day of D3
    • On sunny days, I get at least an hour in the sun. Will increase.
    • I have been grounding once a day for about 1/2 hour. Will add another grounding session.
    • Will increase DHA - fish and seafood.
    • Will start wearing blue blockers at night (again).
    • I switched to methylated folate, B12, and Lipoic Acid.
    • The area around bed is low emf.
    • Increased magnesium malate (try for 1000 mg of magnesium/day)
    Any other actions I should take?

(Additional info in next post)

Last edited: Jan 20, 2015
  14. kovita

kovita Gold

good start! How is your diet? You should add CT. I think the redox rx blog is great list to go with... after all the most impoertant part is to get on, keep there and be patient, because the results do not tend to come very quickly.

15. Huck

Huck Silver

I started using a Bionase Intranasal Light for night-time sinus congestion. It is 630 nm red light. I know that infrared is also used for hypertension therapy.

Within a day (possibly the same day) that I started using the Bionase, my blood pressure starting spiking. I used the Bionase for 3 days and bp spiked every night that I used it.

I decided to stop using it until BP is under control. I can't tell if stopping made any difference because now I take most of my meds in late afternoon before the spike kicks in.

The meds totally wipe me out. I fall in bed and go into a sleep where I don't move for about 4 hours. Last night, both hands were numb when I woke up - I think from being clenched. Once I wake up, I can't go back to sleep.

Prior to these events with blood pressure, I was sleeping great and getting up 1 time at most for bathroom. I would sleep at least 5 hours straight, then bathroom, then right back to sleep.

16. kovita

kovita Gold

I have vielight myself. It is pretty powerfull little thing. It can make people very sick. I myself had to slowly work up to the full 25 min session, starting by something like 1 min during sunrise and sundown. From my experience, all adults around whom I gave full dose at the first time became quite sick, mainly headaches, malaise etc. Kids do just great, remember kids have much better working mitochondria and much better redox. It can be a powerfull 'kick' which you may not be able to held well. Someone on forum suggested, dehydration plays a role in how good you handle INred lights.

17. Huck

Huck Silver

Thank you kovita. That might be the clue to what triggered this. The bionase turns off after 4 1/2 minutes, but I was using it several times a day. Sometimes I would do 2 in a row (9 minutes). Probably at least 20 minutes a day.

18. kovita

kovita Gold

stop and wait what will happen... I started like you, with two full sessions a day and I got so sick in the following few days i could hardly get through. In my case it presented as 'mobilization'. It made my kidneys to work overtime and myself to feel poisoned...took a few days to clear up. I tolerate it very well now but instead of counting minutes I go by feeling (this is what my kids taught me, they use it when they want as much as they want and it is interesting to track how they use it). I have as well very god experience in topical use, it works for many different issues.

19. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

distilled water = Not smart.

20. Huck

Huck Silver

A couple other things I just thought of. At the same time as spike in BP, I had severe gas (4 days). It would start in chest, move to stomach, and then to intestines. Worse at night. This is not a problem I normally have. I tried drinking more water, but that didn't help. I added a little baking soda, but that only helped for a short time. Doc's nurse said to add lemon juice to water. Had 3 glasses of water with lemon over 4 hours and that got rid of it. She said the lemon would cause the valve to close.

The other strange thing is I am starting my 3rd day without food. No appetite whatsoever. I have 2 cups of decaf with cream and stevia in am, and then just water the rest of the day. This is not normal for me to have no appetite. I plan on adding bone broth tomorrow if my appetite hasn't returned.