1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Blood pressure dropping??

Discussion in 'Adrenal Rx and Leaky Gut Rx' started by Hope, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Hope

Hope Gold

So I have had two MD visits in the last two weeks and at both, it appears my blood pressure was all of 85 over 55. This is the lowest it's ever been for me....usually from the nervousness of being at the MD office, it's around 120/80, and when I'm with an MD I like, and at home, it's usually been 100 over 70.

I am healing too from AF and leaky gut...making some progress (waiting for DHEA results, my Vit D (89) and HDL (90) has been OK this month) though my thyroid is acting up when I go off of T3 support.

Anyone else ever seen this? Any idea what might cause it? More CT? More DHA and iodine in my diet?

Not sure I should be concerned but the one MD kept asking me if I was dizzy, which I'm not...but I am tired....a lot but no different than before.

2. Destiny

Destiny New Member

Hope,since I started taking T3 my blood pressure has been consistently going down from 120/80. It is presently around 94/62 but I don't feel weak or dizzy either. The energy level is not bad either. My heart rate is high - most of the time in 90's.

When I was in my 20's my blood pressure used to be 90/55. So I am also thinking that it might be normal?

3. Hope

Hope Gold

Thanks for sharing, Destiny. Very interesting....I just wonder if it's so good. If you feel good with it, that is great. My energy is not so great...though I am working on a lot of stuff as well. I know it's better than HBP for sure :)

4. I want some of that!!! My BP seems to be bordering on high. Gotta figure that one out!

5. Destiny

Destiny New Member

Wouldn't that be great if we could mix a few of us and make a few new ones :)! Everything would even out!!

6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

That is a good sign.......means your parasympathetic vascular tone is returning.

7. Raiken3712

Raiken3712 Jonathan/Jon

120/80 isn't that the number they tell you is normal? So what is optimal is my question. With Jack saying 85/55 is good...that means something lower than 120/80 is better? I suppose I'm not surprised by conventional numbers being off of what we should truly have. I guess it would help to understand more about blood pressure. I don't know much beyond that I've heard the numbers are linked and that 120/80 is usually what they look for.

If anyone has a good well informed article or blog with good articles on blood pressure I'd love to read. I read health stuff all the time...thanks.

8. paleo-bunny

paleo-bunny New Member

I felt weak and feint when I had low blood pressure. It was measured at 110/70 at the Dr's in the morning, and dipped to around 100/60 at 3 pm. I feel much more energised now that I have normalised it.

I invite anyone who has actually experienced chronic low blood pressure for several years to wax lyrical about any alleged health benefits.

9. Hope

Hope Gold

Can you explain this? Wax lyrical? I'm thankful that I am not dizzy. Weak/tired I feel anyway...no matter what the BP, lower or normal

10. jamsrich

jamsrich New Member

Do exercise daily and plan our daily diet to requirement of your disease..

11. MeghanK

MeghanK New Member

I have BP of 80/50 ish never seen it higher than 94/55 or something like that..... I also have a super low resting HR 40.... but the MDs say it's because I'm an endurance athlete... wonder what Barry's BP is?...... BUT I also know that anorexia causes low BP and resting HR too.....

12. paleo-bunny

paleo-bunny New Member

Low BP is trivialised big time.

I've normalised my blood pressure by:

- getting my mercury amalgam fillings replaced
    - eating an anti-inflammatory, low-histamine diet

My blood pressure went up and normalised as I lost weight.

I still experience the odd bout of low blood pressure. Quercetin, salt and caffeine help.