1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Blood Glucose

Discussion in 'The New Monster Thread' started by LisaAPB, Mar 29, 2012.

1. LisaAPB

LisaAPB New Member

Two weeks ago, mine was at a 12 yr low, measured at 80. I did the Leptin Rx last autumn, went to post Leptin Rx and CT late winter. Why aren't all diabetics doing this?

If you were/are diabetic or pre-diabetic, please share.

2. primat

primat Silver

Good going :)

Well, "most" people think the whole hearthealthy grain dogma is what's keeping them from developing more full blown neolithic disease. We are just a bunch of paranoid freaks wearing batik sarongs colored with organic tea-leaves while we're discussing gouvernment corruption.

3. Dan in Utah

Dan in Utah New Member

One of today's patients: A1c went from 13.4 to 8.3 in the last 3 months. Honestly, I was shocked. I asked her how she's been doing on the diet, "I cut out all sugar and grain and vegetable oils." She's been eating more nuts, eggs, meats, fish, shrimp, veggies, and occasional fruit.

Eating food your genes want works pretty well apparently.

4. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Dan that's pretty awesome

you should have her give a "Talk" to your other patients... let them lead by their success... next thing you know they'll all be paleo and CT!

5. hellojtm

hellojtm New Member

6. OptimalChick

OptimalChick Silver

I have a different problem. My glucose was always between 89-99 not matter what. Morning prior to breakfast, after eating, hour after eating and hours after eating 89-99. Now, it can be 74 and then 119 1 hour after eating a lamb burger (plain without bun of course) and greens. What gives? I been mostly paleo (some cheese and yogurt here and their, leptin reset since Feb, Ct since Ct I)... I don't get it. Mu husband thinks I screwed something up with my system doing these "crazy things" lately.

7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Liver is not optimal is the short answer....it takes time to control PEPCK.

8. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

A1c went from 5.5 to 5.4 in almost 7 months of leptin rx.

Let me be Jack for a moment here: "Something must be wrong."... Lol, sorry, I'm in a goofy mood :eek: and I would agree.

9. RiverNeighbor

RiverNeighbor New Member

When I started the leptin Rx last October my fasting blood glucose was in the low 100s (and 125 lbs overweight). I immediately saw improvement and by the end of the year it was down in the 80s. Then, for a couple months I would see it up in the 90s again at times (I was testing 2-3 times a week). For the past two months it has finally become consistent at 80-84 (I'm still 60lbs overweight).

Interestingly, my husband (who is thin and struggles to keep weight on) started at the blood glucose level and cut sugar and grains when I did, followed an almost identical pattern (despite eating WAY more carbs than I do) and is now consistently in the low 80s too.

10. OptimalChick

OptimalChick Silver

Sometimes I am in the low 80's but the last 2 morning that I have checked is has been 105 and 115!

11. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Checked my BG this AM after doing 28 degrees for 22 minutes.......62.

Antonis likes this.
  12. OptimalChick

OptimalChick Silver

I have forgotten recently to check after my CT.. 28 degrees!!

13. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Ok... since my FBG, HbA1C, and Insulin is high... I've decided to start testing before and after each meal

today my FBG was 86mg/dl w/in 30mins of waking and right before having bkfst.

1hr after eating it was 84mg/dl

breakfast was 3 eggs, 1 cup of berries and 1/4c cream, and BPC

I figured I'd see what the berries did - I figured I'd spike big time.... but to my surprise I didn't.

14. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Interesting... for lunch I had zuchinni Lasagana. BG pre-meal was 88, 20min after meal it was 110, 45min it was 117. (got to run out and pick up more strips) so I can test in another 30mins!

Its either the cheese or the tomatoes...

in my previous bg testing dairy didn't spike my bg, nor did the tomatoes....things are changing

Eggs seem to be ok...but dairy/tomatoes spiking BG indicate I SHOULD RUN, not walk to the AI Paleo template.....

15. Ray

Ray New Member

117 doesn't count as a spike!

16. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

for me it does... my bg doesn't move much when I eat meat/veggies. 10-20points at most. so to go from 88 to 117, that's almost a 30pt spike for me... 2& 1/2hrs later its still above 100. I'm guessing this is one of the reasons my FBG has shot up, and why my Fasting Insulin, and HbA1C are a bit high...

17. Ray

Ray New Member

Well, certainly the lower the better (helps keep the protein glycation rate as low as possible). A figure I've seen batted around as the threshold for cell toxicity is around 140, although I don't have any direct knowledge of that. It does sound like your return to baseline after a meal is a little slow.

18. Destiny

Destiny New Member

I did not test my sugar before starting paleo/reset and CT. All I know that it never was an issue, just for insurance purposes I had my FBG at 79 two years ago.

When I started low carb last fall, I got a BG monitor. At that time my FBG was anywhere from high 90's to 110's. Once I went on BHRT and started CT, my FBG went down to 80's. I was so happy! Then, after a month it started to climb back into 90's and this week it was between 103-106.

I just ate a few slices of meat, cod liver, a few cherries and berries with heavy cream and CO. My sugar jumped to 150 after 1/2 hour. I am lost on what is going on.

When I get hungry or eat only protein, I feel like everything is pumping in me. Everything is working too hard in me. Any ideas?

19. Ray

Ray New Member

A similar thing happened to me too having been low carb for many months and then splurging on some starchy carbs (except I hit 170). Take a look here:

http://high-fat-nutrition.blogspot.com/2007/10/physiological-insulin-resistance.html

20. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

Nature doesn't suddenly splurge on starchy carbs.... they come about slowly and the body has time to reverse the insulin resistance. But I'm not sure that the induced insulin resistance is something that should happen if you're optimal even in the winter.