1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Bloating dependent purely on volume of food/drink

Discussion in 'Adrenal Rx and Leaky Gut Rx' started by seanb4, Jun 3, 2013.

1. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

Hi guys,

I have had this problem for a year and a half now. I get a distended abdomen every time I eat or drink anything. That contents of the food/drink don't matter it is purely volume. I can say this as I have tried various elimination diets, etc and the bloating happen when just drinking any type of water.

Any idea what could cause my abdomen to extend so much from small amounts of food? Any medical condition? Any tips?

The distension is specifically in the middle left of the abdomen. I also have various other problems that I think are caused by this such as really bad lethargy/fatigue, dizziness, etc. I have been to the docs and had all kinds of tests but they were no help.

Any help appreciated guys.

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

bad gut microbiome

3. salamander

salamander New Member

I have something similar at times. My hypothesis is the CT seems to do phase one liver detox but to get phase two to kick in, I have to do coffee enemas. Also, keiffer, kombucha, Effective Microorganisms, and cultured vegies. However, these very things also cause phase one detox. And the coffee enemas seem to be the only thing to improve--move it on out. Okay, I may have something totally different, but it sounds very similar to me. In fact, last winter when I lived in a tipi with no heat, I had a real bad case of this problem. It was TOO MUCH phase one from constantly being in the cold. We are all treading on thin ice (pardon the pun) with all these new paleo hack things--so the answers aren't always out there. This is the closest I have come to. All I know is the coffee enemas work and they work awesomely, improving digestion and all those toxic sypmtoms. I think coffee enemas are excellent combined with CT. Here is an article which I've linked to on my own article

http://balancedconcepts.net/liver_phases_detox_paths.pdf

I put together a rough blog post article on this kind of thing here: http://paleoalltheway.com/powerfuldetoxtoolstechniques/

4. Dextery

Dextery New Member

seanb4

There are things you can do to convert the bacteria in your digestive track to good bacteria. There are products that go into the digestive tract called polysaccarides that will ferment and will assist your gut to change its make up to good bacteria. Examples of these are potato starch, burdock root, artichokes, chicory, pectin & jicama (jicama is delicious cold with lemon juice and salt...available most grocery stores. These are very fibrous and ferment in the gut. In the beginning, you will have tremendous amounts of odoriferous gas from the fermentation.

I would send you to Dr Art Ayers website http://coolinginflammation.blogspot.com/ for healing gut flora. He is not posting a lot anymore but his information is very good.

Another site to have a look at http://digestivehealthinstitute.org/ Norm Robillard has written a lot on digestive matters and how to heal the gut.

5. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

It would also be great if you could find a functional med doc (gut doc) and have some gut tests done to see where things are at. This way you will not spend unneeded money on supps trying to fix something that might not be broke. I will tell you that it can take a long time to fix the gut depending on what's all wrong. And sometimes in the process, you will fix 1 thing and then another shows up and you will have to work on that then. I am currently into my 9 month working with a fund. med doc to fix my gut and it has been a slow process but I know where things are at because I consistently test.

6. kleinb87

kleinb87 Gold

Hi Sean,

I had the same thing for over a year and now that I have fixed the gut it does not distend. Start eating high ketogenic with little carbs. Make sure you mind the light cycles, CT, and minimize EMF. Those three were huge for me. Also, drink tons of RO or spring water. You will feel like a new person in a couple of weeks. A stool test would be good to get, but since you already know about the bad gut microbiome, it may be helpful to get neuro-immune infection control capsules from neurobiologix and you can order online. This is what helped me immensely. Hope it works for you!

7. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

But why would I bloat from just drinking bottled/plain/spring water. If it was a problem with the gut flora digesting food it would make sense but just water???

Also it does not feel like gas bloating at all and the more volume I consume the more bloat regardless of what I consume.

8. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

Hi,

Yea I've tried probiotics and various things to feed the gut flora but it makes no difference. I feel as though my gut is just reacting when anything touches/stretches it, it reacts by causing bloating and this has a kick on effect for the other symptoms.

9. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

Ate/ lived like that for well over a year with no difference. Ketosis/zero carb does nothing to prevent it. I bloat from just water. I know this from doing a water fast for 30 days.

10. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

Have you ever had a stool test to ACTUALLY KNOW what is going on in the gut??? You can ask this question out here til you are blue in the face, but until you test you will never really know. People can give you advice, but that is all it is - advice based on "their" experiences. You have to test and if you have a functional med doc to work with on treating, all the better. I have had parasites 2x now, h-pylori, unknown yeast, disbyosis, vibrio (cholera family), etc. Do you think I would have ever known this had I not tested? Some of these were serious and had to be treated via antibiotics. My gut is trashed and until I get some of theses under control, it will remain that way. You have to know, then treat, then treat some more and in the process start feeding the good bacteria. Poor gut health is poor health period!

11. I completely agree with vkiernan... you NEED to get tests run. I remember a podcast with Dave Asprey and the founder of Ubiome (I believe) and he spoke about how he didn't even know until he started checking that he had H.Pylori or something similar to that, and that once he got it under control he felt drastically better and would have never imagined that as "bulletproof" as he was, he had "performance robbing gut pathogens" growing inside of him. You really can't be certain of what's going on without getting it checked out. Just search up some Functional Medicine Practitioners, Alternative Care Practitioners, or maybe even a Naturopath. You don't have to agree with all their treatments, just get some tests run and you can easily come back here and people will help you sort it out.

Also, in terms of probiotics, just because you took some probiotics does not mean that you don't have poor gut bacteria or that they won't help. It entirely depends on the strains of bacteria. Dave Asprey has some good thoughts on this, most "mainstream" probiotic strains aren't really helpful, and just like our genes, we all have extremely unique gut biomes... you have to get very specific strains and from the top sources - that's normally expensive and hard to find.

12. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

@vkiernan and bigPapaChakra777

Yea I will get some tests done as soon as I can get the money but that could be years away yet, I am dead broke. I have an awful feeling I will spend the money and it will come back "fine" as have various other tests.

13. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

If you are having that much bloat, I doubt it will come back fine. The test I have been using is a stool test by Genova Diagnostics/Metametrix. They have reduced the price thru your practitioner. I'm thinking the initial full test is now about $200 and the repeats are $99. This is an awesome test that will tell you things you never imagined. Just make sure you aren't taking things like ox bile at that time (quit taking it a few days ahead) that could inhibit the real results. Ask your practitioner about what not to be doing. I sure hope you are able to do this test. I know what a trashed gut feels like and it is no fun! On the bright side, I would say I am making progress and the dollars spent have not been wasted.

14. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

Cool, I'll have to check it out when I get the money. And yeah gut/health issues are the worst for me, it's kinda taking over my life, trying to figure out what's going on.

15. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

Sean, I was reading old "ask Jack" questions and came upon this one that I had asked a year ago. This is about what not to do prior to skew the results.