1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Bloating after consuming anything (even water). Tried all alternative solutions.

Discussion in 'Adrenal Rx and Leaky Gut Rx' started by seanb4, Oct 1, 2012.

1. JanSz

JanSz Gold

If you want,

identify what is wrong,

fix what you can,

hope for the best.

horribly low pregnenolone

likely DHEAs may also be low.

use this to make correction, verify dose by subsequent testing

pregnenolone Micronized Lipid Matrix 150mg tabs, from Nutricology/Allergy research

DHEA Micronized Lipid Matrix 25mg, from Nutricology/Allergy research

7ketoDHEA from lef.org

nuts, corn, the skins of beans/

you should not be eating them anyhow

Veg maldigestion

do not eat vegetables, you are not digesting them, some of them you probably should not,

eat seaweed instead

To improve digestion

Betaine Hydrochloride with pepsin

Bile acids from Nutricology/Allergy research

Wobenzyn N'

Kimchi (see how that works, this are vegetables)

Do not eat fish or krill oils

Do this two tests, post results here, I will help you with reading those tests and next action.

Spectracell Comprehensive Nutritional Panel

http://www.healthremedies.com/intracellular_vitamin_analysis_spectracell.html

Essential & Metabolic Fatty Acids Analysis (EMFA) by Genova Diagnostics

http://www.healthremedies.com/essential_metabolic_fatty_acids_analysis_emfa_genova_diagnostics.html

-----------------------------------------

Eat Epi paleo

http://jackkruse.com/brain-gut-6-epi-paleo-rx/

preferably concentrate on just top few shellfish on the list, eat them raw.

CT

Circadian and ultradian rhythms

///////

///////////////////////////

2. chocolate

chocolate Silver

Do you take magnesium, potassium, seasalt, selenium, and iodine? Edema seems like bloating.

3. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

Strangely, my DHEA is *not* low (no, I don't understand why not) and my sleep has been fantastic 99% of my life (only got weird for a few months after I started the LR, then went normal again). Thanks for the recommendation for a pregn. source & bile acids. I did betaine HCl for a long time with no result. Actually, I stopped after a year b/c I thought I had maxed out when I was getting runs. In retrospect, I think that was *this* problem and not the HCl. I've been using swedish bitters (no improvement) and looking for a source of bile acids.

And don't worry; I don't eat nuts or beans anymore. :) I eat almost no vegetables, either. Never raw. My diet is dreary. Despite this, despite a diet of nothing but meat, offal, seafood, broth, & coconut oil, I still bloat. :/

Can't speak for Sean, but I do use all those nutrients. Does nothing for the pitting edema I occasionally (rarely) get on my leg, does nothing for the bloating. :(

4. bigknitwit

bigknitwit Silver

I am avidly keeping an eye on this thread.

I have bloating problems that seem to be mostly an issue in the evenings. Dinner is a problem, no matter what the food. If I eat a decent sized dinner, my stomach feels so stuffed/stretched it's very uncomfortable to hours... but it still doesn't turn off the desire to be eating. I have to fight that one with my better judgement. I have actually started wondering about not eating dinner, just to avoid the problem a little better. I'm gong to start taking HCL supplements. Does one take them before, during, or after the meal? I have read during, and I have read 30 minutes after as well. Any recommendations? What about digestive enzymes? Can they be used as well as the hcl? How do I time it all with the food to make everything work how it's supposed to?

I can also pinpoint exactly when things went south for me. I had a very bad (oral) herpes infection, and the sores in my mouth made it such that I could not eat anything, nothing at all without severe pain. I dropped 14 pounds in 10 days. Then I maintained that weight loss (my last pregnancy weight), but started an elimination diet for dd, who was nursing and having crazy food issues. I ate rice, pears, turkey, and finally added in butter, for 6 weeks. The day that diet ended was the day the weight started coming on. Any food that wasn't a fresh meat or non-starchy vegetable = water retention, and lots of it. No gas, no real bloating back then even, just growing out of my clothes at record speeds. My GI bacteria test done this past spring showed low bifido bacteria, but other markers were decent. No candida, no parasites.

5. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

@mamaGrock Seems like I don't have malabsorbtion issues. Also you said doctor K posted something to you about it being thyroid related, could you link me up or show me where it's at?

@Joann Do you have the bloating without gas too?

@chocolate I have used all those things at one time with no effect.

@bigknitwit You sure the bloating is just in the evening and not whenever you eat. I find that in the morning my bloating is at the lowest, after breakfast it gets quite bad but dies down a little by tea time then is it's worse after tea.

You can use enzymes with hcl, Now Super Enzymes is pretty cheap and works well for some people.

It seems like it probably isn't a parasite/yeast/bacteria issue as others have had them come back clean. Although it may be one that they don't test for/ hasn't been discovered yet...

Does anyone get morning hunger pains/pangs that seem ulcer like and not due to hunger? I still get these even though my endoscopy showed no ulcer or inflammation. What the hell is it !?!

6. bigknitwit

bigknitwit Silver

[QUOTE=seanb4;57988@bigknitwit You sure the bloating is just in the evening and not whenever you eat. I find that in the morning my bloating is at the lowest, after breakfast it gets quite bad but dies down a little by tea time then is it's worse after tea.

You can use enzymes with hcl, Now Super Enzymes is pretty cheap and works well for some people.

It seems like it probably isn't a parasite/yeast/bacteria issue as others have had them come back clean. Although it may be one that they don't test for/ hasn't been discovered yet...

Does anyone get morning hunger pains/pangs that seem ulcer like and not due to hunger? I still get these even though my endoscopy showed no ulcer or inflammation. What the hell is it !?!

I have a similar thing - lowest bloating in the morning, and then it progresses as the day goes by. What's so annoying for me is that even with the discomfort of it all (the skin around my belly button is sensitive after 4 pregnancies!), my appetite is still strong. I want to be eating, and I especially want to be eating nuts (not for me, AI). My bloating problem has definitely increased this fall, coinciding with my thyroid hormone levels dropping off. But last fall (pre LR, pre JK), I remember having trouble with bloating, especially in the evenings as well. However, I was trying intermittent fasting (eating only after 4:30pm) as a means of weight control, so I was eating a lot...

No morning hunger pains here. Just the unending desire to eat.

7. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

A lot of GAPS folks take HCl before, and dig enz during, each meal, IIRC.

Do you eat a BAB? Mine has to be 65g protein or more to stop cravings later in the day. I've tried lowering it (after 6mo at 65g) and it just doesn't work for me at this point.

No sensitive belly skin after 5 babies, but the discomfort of stretching is still very uncomfortable. I've told dh many times it feels like someone is in there pressing out on all sides with all his might.

Dr. K has told me no nuts, not even Brazil nuts, period, b/c of AI.

I used to tell dh that I wished someone would put an air release valve in my belly. This was years ago, before I knew to make any attempt to reduce carbs. Memories like this tell me I've had this a long, long time before I realized it. The straw that killed my health was several years of ceaseless rounds of antibiotics for UTIs, and I"m sure it contributed to this, as well.

8. bigknitwit

bigknitwit Silver

Yes, me too. I don't eat them (water retention and weight gain). But I still have yet to find a definitive explanation as to why nuts are a problem for an auto-immune person. What do they do? I suppose the answer is that they trigger us to make more antibodies, but how?

9. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

Thanks, will be much appreciated.

So far a few things seem to be in common. These be:

-Antibiotics

-Thyroid issues/cold hands & feet.

-Constipation

-No known bacteria/parasite issues

-leaky gut

-Adapting to changes

10. Eve

Eve New Member

For all the posters in this thread, I was wondering do artificial/chemical smells (e.g., perfume) bother you?

11. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

I never had cold hands & feet, but the rest is me. I had constipation my ENTIRE LIFE until some time shortly before I hit 30. Some dietary change did it; I don't know which.

BKW; 75-100gm is close to a pound of meat/fish; are you sure? I believe you; just wanted to be sure. I know you're a geek like me and can do math, but sometimes we get brain fog from our ailments. :) Are you eating sat fat? No matter how much fish I eat, it doesn't fill me unless I get some sat fat. I usually add 2T CO to wahtever I'm eating, and I usually mix seafood & land meat to get my 65g b/c I just seem to need the animal fat for satiety.

I often look 6mo pg after eating. Bleh.

IDK the logic behind the AID diet, but I do know that nuts are seeds just like grains & other seeds, and *all* seeds have a protective seed coat that prevents them from germinating until it's time. It is also intended to help the seed pass through animal's digestive systems so it comes out the other end and can sprout & grow. So we're not *supposed* to digest them. that's why all traditional societies soaked/sprouted/soured their grains/nuts/seeds before consumption. Unless you do something to trigger the germination process (and then arrest it), like soaked/dehydrated nuts, you really won't be able to digest them well, healthy or not. Unhealthy, it's all the worse.

12. bigknitwit

bigknitwit Silver

I haven't had a lot of antibiotics, however, I think in the timeframe when things went bad, I did a round of them for strep.

Definitely thyroid issues

No constipation issues until now (but my thyroid levels have tanked)

Candida infection in the past 3 years, treated aggressively with diflucan and LC diet. No infection markers based on labs now.

I must have a leaky gut.

Adapting - yes. SAD used to be fine. Then WAPF did the trick, then LC eating, then LC without nuts, now full AI protocol, and on and on.

13. bigknitwit

bigknitwit Silver

Yeah - I'm in the 75 - 100g range. I had been eating a little less with tons of cabbage sauteed in CO in the summer (almost a 1/4C!), but I cut that when we were told saturated fat inhibits DHA's absorption, and fish is my BAB. I tried using beef tallow, but that stuff really doesn't work for taste purposes. I can't use bacon grease (too bad). I have been using a little ghee lately. Not sure how compliant it is for AI.

I think tonight is a little better bloat-wise for me. I've been using HCL a lot today. My stomach feels different this evening too. Almost...empty.

I make salt soaked and dehydrated nuts per WAPF strategies all the time - yummy!

14. LinD

LinD New Member

I can't stand them. Especially, laundry detergent/fabric softeners. Perfume, not usually, unless it's too heavy or a scent I don't like.

15. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

Artificial smells bother me badly. This has gotten worse over the years, but I had assumed it was because I don't use them anymore. But detergent, shampoos, perfumes, chlorine (extremely), etc. Chlorine gives me a massive headache. I can't swim laps in any kind of pool, even outdoor, anymore (unless it's saline, obviously).

16. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

Okay so I wasn't too bloated this morning, so on an empty stomach I started drinking some cold water and tried to pay attention to the effects.

Almost immediately after swallowing the first couple of gulps I felt a very slight pressure/heaviness in my stomach and my lower abdomen wanted to expand slightly.

Upon drinking the whole glass I could feel and see that my abdomin had expanded, slightly but noticably enough.

So now I'm thinking what could react that quick to water? Do normal peoples stomachs do this to an extent? Is it the stomach reacting with inflammation to anything that stretches it? Are our stomachs a lot more sensitive to everything?

17. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

I don't think so.

18. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

Same with the constipation!

19. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

One of us! One of us!

20. kleinb87

kleinb87 Silver

I have the same bloating problem. Sometimes after I eat I look 6 months pregnant. I have found that since I have gone epi-paleo and added in CT with Curcumin, Revesterol, Vit D3 and K2 has helped. Today, though I have experienced another bout of distention. Possibly from the pumpkin and coconut milk that I had earlier today usually I don't eat either of them. Hopefully, I will figure out soon what is exactly causing the bloating and water retention. Do you know of any blood tests that Dr. K recommends for a complete workup?