1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Blacklights far away due to nnEMF... but does Solar Glo have similar nnEMF issues?

Discussion in 'Beginners Area' started by lilreddgirl, Jan 2, 2016.

1. lilreddgirl

lilreddgirl New Member

I've read on forum Dr. Kruse recommending the use of blacklights from across the room, as the desired effect is still going on, yet it avoids nnEMF generated by the bulbs...

here: https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/uva-uvb-light.17231/#post-184585

A member mentioned that nnEMF is around 100mG AC magnetic I assume right close to the bulb...

Is this EMF an issue with blacklights in particular?

Is it ok to use the other bulbs such as Solar Glo 160's, Exo Terra's 200 (a mainly UVB bulb that one could try to hack at close distance for Vitamin D production) close up? Or is it just a trade-off between Vitamin-D production and EMF exposure ?

I assume there is not an EMF issue with non CFL bulbs like LED's...

2. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

LED's have transformers to change the voltage. They bother me, but I am able to tolerate an LED blacklight when it is on the far side of the room.

3. lilreddgirl

lilreddgirl New Member

Thanks! Gosh complications... can you tell me more, I'm not very tech savvy on this. What are the implications of the LED's having transformers? Does that mean they put out more nnEMF?

How does that compare to a CFL bulb ?

In what way do they bother you?

Is this exclusive to the blacklights or are the Red LEDs also a problem? I think I read of some using the Red LED's directly on skin to heal...

4. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

They put out some electrical and magnetic EMF, like an appliance would. They cause ringing in my ears, but not as bad as the CFLs do. The CFLs cause huge spikes on the meter. I also use red LEDs, but only for a few minutes close up. The blacklight LEDs tend to stay on for hours.

lilreddgirl likes this.
  5. lilreddgirl

lilreddgirl New Member

Thanks! So the LED's are still better for you than the CFL's as far as triggering symptoms...

I am noticing some symptoms (a body tension I have) from using the Solar Glo, I am EMF sensitive in this way... but it could also just be the strong light (the blue? or just strong light asking my body to create hormones and thus causing some 'stress' ? ) that triggers the symptoms. I'm still using it as I'm also noticing benefits...

I also noticed EMF symptoms from using the CFL blacklight bulb close up, no symptoms when I moved it over 3 feet away.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2016