1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Bionaut's Journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by bionaut, Apr 30, 2014.

1. bionaut

bionaut New Member

Yes the move has made a difference. and I will post some info on it as I am here longer. The kids are doing great, turning 1 soon. I will put a pic up :)

I joined an oyster club in the area! I get 48 of these each month. Lets see if I can get em all in my gullet tonight... I am sure you can guess which ones are kicking my butt.

[​IMG]

fitness@home, Jude and Kristi Lambert like this.
  2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I love it..............tell us more about the move.

3. caroline

caroline Moderator

Yew loved meeting you! can't wait to see your babies at the 1 year mark :D

good luck with those oysters!

4. bionaut

bionaut New Member

Few things to mention. I have been getting pwned on sleep for the last year. As any parent on here knows there are a lot of wake up moments. I will say that while I have been down here my stress has decreased tremendously. My previous workplace was very high emf, I was living in a home right behind a major highway into the capital and got zero sun, plus I worked some shift work for a few months out of the year. So this was not a good situation. I wish I could say the move was easy, but it wasn't, I am in a new area and there is a lot I have left back in VA. Thankfully Jack's protocols have been pretty good for maintaining myself over that time. I have been able to put the brakes on weight gain and recover from stress and chronic fatigue which plagued me for a while.

So we have just literally settled in the new place in FL. Bad news first... I am 1-2mi near 2 FM towers and 2 radio station towers, also the power is funky down here, I see a dimming of lights telling me we have dirty electricity. This had me worried for a bit, but I unpacked blackout curtains, magnetico. Then we bought a foam mattress, btw if you are sleeping next to someone, this dampens vibration soooo much. I had the best night of sleep I have had in a YEAR!

I am working remotely so I have to spend a lot of time on the comp, however I can get outside in the sun for a few hrs a day. I am continuing the clean water and have been drinking a lot of kelp broth heated in RO water. Short term things are on the up and up, a good start for a new year.

Here are the two lil trouble makers. :)
    kids.jpg

5. caroline

caroline Moderator

gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!!! you and your partner make beautiful babies :):):)

names?

They are even more beautiful than the last time I saw them ...thanks for sharing

6. bionaut

bionaut New Member

Been doing good so far. Have been keeping an eye on weight loss and I am at a plateau but I feel great so I am not worried about it. For the last 30 days I have been doing CT around 11 and getting in the sun right after. With seafood 3 times a week. I also have been IF by just eating fat for breakfast and skipping lunch with a big dinner. Down about 4 lbs of fat and very stable mood and feeling good. I cheated and ate pretty poorly on one day and I got dehydrated and felt like shit the next day. We all know why. I can say that I did have a burning sensation on certain points of my skin where a fungus was previously on my feet. My guess is that is where I have defective mito.

Based on Ubiquination 6 I am flipping my IF to the evening and ramping up seafood intake daily in the morning leptin rx style. Canned sardines here I come! Also, now that CT is consistent I am adding in diving to the bottom of the pool for rings a few times. Yesterday was the first day doing this. I did a 10 minute set of kettlebell swings and 10 minute set of dives. I have absolutely zero soreness. It is pretty weird. I am able to maintain a fasted day only... if I drink enough water... and I mean A LOT. I was chuggin 128oz yesterday, today I needed a little less but it is really high. From what I have read this is typical when in ketosis but I never ramped my intake this high. I will see how this goes the next 30 days and afterwards I will be adding in small amount of carbs as april comes around.

Shijin13 likes this.
  7. bionaut

bionaut New Member

Penelope and Theoden :)

Shijin13 likes this.
  8. Jude

Jude Gold

Gorgeous kids bionaut.

Have been doing a few dives to pool bottom as well!!! asked a question in UBI 5 thread about how long the effects of the dive might last??...do you know??

9. bionaut

bionaut New Member

I would think the immediate effects would last as long as you could maintain the water density and that would depend on your redox. Under the water at high pressure it would be the greatest and as you come up it would dissipate. You should have a higher oxygen tension as long as you remained cooler afterwards.

As for long term effects my thinking is that if you have a bunch of balls submerged in fluid, buoyant at different locations, as you dove the pressure would drive them to the center and as you came up they would reverse but at a lesser pace. So over time there would be a net drifting of mitochondria to the center. This is just how I picture it in my mind, not too sure how accurate it is. So I think I am just going to try it for a while and see what happens.

Jude likes this.
  10. bionaut

bionaut New Member

Since the cruise kruse I have been a lot more diligent with getting things right. Took a little time to build the habits but I am getting about 1-2hrs of morning light each day. Over the last 5 weeks I have lost about 12 lbs. I always seem to stall at 220 I do not think this is necessarily a result of the number but more of consistency. I am feeling very good this time around and so I do not expect things to get locked up. Been keeping up with nightly use of a cryohelmet and morning meditation.

I can say that my memory retention is going up, I picked up juggling about 60 days ago and now I can do it decently. Never been able to do it in my life. I study the movement of stock prices for a living so I figured being able to juggle might build an intuitiveness to understanding waveforms.

Paleo Osteo gave me a back adjustment on the trip and showed me where my body was out of alignment starting at my feet. Just working my back gave me a 10% temporary cognitive boost. I did not know that was a deficiency of mine. Since I got back I have been doing yoga about 4 times a week in the sun. Feet were flat as a board, not any more, there is a small arch building and my feet have gotten incredibly strong. It is changing the way I walk and stand. My father has a minor hunch and I think I was getting one too but it is being reversed with regular practice. Since we are talking about feet here, I can say that the fungus I have had on my nails is now in major retreat. Healthy nail is now growing out of my worst nail and my feet not longer have irritated skin. Also the rash on my femoral artery on my leg has been gone for quite some time. So far so good.

lohd2015, Shijin13, Jude and 6 others like this.
  11. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

nice update.

12. caroline

caroline Moderator

Thanks for the great update! more baby pics please.....

bionaut likes this.
  13. bionaut

bionaut New Member

Sure Caroline I will get you some baby pix.

Used Dminder to track my Vit D. My god my vit d creation is horrible. My wife can make around 10k units while I make 2k. Skin color makes a difference. Apparently I need a shitload, so I have been trying to organize my life so I am outside as much as possible.

Added a couple supps 5k vit d, 150mcg molybdenum, B12 methyl folate. I will cut the vitD at the end of November, there is a lot of sun here in fl. I take these as I get into the sun in the AM. Sleep has taken a huge leap. I now sleep like a log.

Been reading A People's History of the United States, pretty good reading so far. It's got me thinking a lot about our fundamental connection with nature. In the beginning of the book, the author talks about these native cultures approaching settlers with open arms before they were brutally subjugated. The organization of groups around community seems very alien to how things are done today. I find it funny that english settlers would defect to the indian tribes for a better life, but it rare for this to be the other way around.

If a thriving people can create a thriving society, then it is a function of entanglement and electron capture. It seems at some points in history when groups have gotten large enough, individuals have found ways to channel resources to small groups. Perhaps there is a certain population threshhold people need to be within to maintain a healthy community? Many, not all technological advances have been used to funnel resources to the top. It seems nowadays, our technological progress is accelerating but to what end?
    If our society is fundamentally organized around activities and technology that disconnect us electron capture then a tipping point will be reached where cognitive decline outweighs cognitive improvement. Technology will be a crutch to maintain the system to the breaking point.

You could argue we are in that phase now but for me things would have to be significantly worse. From the study of cycles we are entering that point at the beginning of the maunder minimum. Studying financial cycles from princeton, you can see that the path we are heading in mirrors romes, there is an increase in taxation to funnel money into the government. Focus on big pharma, climate change and terrorism are ways to create systems to harvest money from the collective. We are about to have a serious financial tipping point which will spark war and conflict because this is what has happened historically to unite populace's that have an economic decline. In rome, when the taxes remained high the government and culture disintegrated because it wasn't worth it to people, they just left. OK, rant over! back to the pool and sun!

http://www.economicconfidencemodels.com/

caroline and Shijin13 like this.
  14. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Love the updated Diego! So happy to see you continue to improve after your move.... I too have been doing everything I can to capture Sun... which is a bit challenging here in the DMV as you know..... but I'm making it happen

15. bionaut

bionaut New Member

I have been practicing wim hof's modified tummo technique. Wow, that breathing makes you feel good. Since losing weight has stalled for a bit and I have been a bit foggy I built a hack I plan on doing for 21 days straight.

I am taking a drop of mblue, nicotine and ice cold water that has been sitting on a magnet. Then I go outside with one foot on the ground and another in an icewater footbath. At this point I begin the tummo hyperventilation and holding of air breathing techniques eyes open. In between rotations and rub it on to cool all exposed surfaces. This is about 30 - 45 minutes of FL sun.

So far, I am getting dark... way darker than usual, like I am gonna start looking like a one sided oreo cookie in a few days. Some skin flushing, usually I do not get red out in the sun. Way thirstier than normal throughout the day and I am literally a furnace at night. Upon awakening I am alert and very focused and I have an elevated mood all day. So I take my weight with a grain of salt because I know it can fluxuate but in the last 3 days I have slammed down 8 lbs and about 2-3% bf. I think after a week I should see a more accurate sign of what it is actually at but so far these are good signs. I will let you guys know how it turns out.

16. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Cool.......

17. Inger

Inger Silver

I tried MB but I think it made me go crazy hot and I got heart palps so I stopped....... or it was the move here... IDK but I need to do not too many things in one or IDK what causes what...huh
    Maybe my source was not good.. I used aquarium MB :oops:
    My exhusband used the same and reported he got heart palps too....... that stopped a few days after he stopped using it
    we did experienced a small nice brain boost tho :)
    But I totally burned up in the night! o_O

You hack sounds real nice :) don't forget to report further :)

18. bionaut

bionaut New Member

Inger, have not had those issues with MB but I use pharma grade. So far so good, funny enough my scale broke, I figure I am just going to pick up another one in a month or two. The weight doesn't matter much to me, I can tell things are happening.

Wim H breathing techniques have been moved to the morning, with a cold shower and then get morning sun (not possible with two little ones running around midday). Noon I have been getting about an hr of sun with Nicotine and MB daily. Dual Nback brain training with kettlebell swings3-4 times a week.

So in the last 19 days Dminder says Vit D has gone from 20 to 25. I can make about 4-5k a day in an hr at noon, made about 86k in the last 30 days. I did not have a blood test baseline, I suspect it is higher but I am just going to take its word for it for now.

Nback is steady, I have been ranging from 4 to 6 sequences which is a good enough, I hope to make it to 9 by the end of 20 sessions. I feel like my memory is improving, this is subjective Nback is an ok measurement of working memory. I am also finding spaced repetition memorization to be easier. I am definitely getting leaner, I noticed an uptick in leaness after I purchased some tan through trunks. Get sun on your junk ppl, and if you have dark skin this is a must I am getting about another 20% of sun for my time with these.... and I got the purple ones..:D:p

caroline likes this.
  19. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Shoot to get to 50 non supplemented. If you heard the April Q & A its all about holding the charge once you get it.

caroline and bionaut like this.
  20. Inger

Inger Silver

Nice :)
    I might make a new hack with the MB as the sun is stronger.. to combine them
    Then I will know if it was too contaminated or if I just lacked sun
    I just have issues to get the pharma grade here, somehow my credit card does not work for their sites...

Nude tanning makes fat melt away for sure :) :) :) great stuff :)

bionaut likes this.