1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Bionaut's Journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by bionaut, Apr 30, 2014.

1. SeaHorse

SeaHorse Gold

I must have been away when you first posted this…I love Great Falls…growing up in DC that was a place my family used to go for hikes on the weekend. It certainly is an oasis.

Sounds like you are on a roll this summer….

2. bionaut

bionaut New Member

I binge ate twice this week. I realized the days leading up to it I hadn't drank enough water. Also with the addition of carbs I am craving them pretty hard as stress increases. I ended up getting a rash on my hand and feet. I am going to cut the load of carbs down to nil except for watermelon, which made me feel great. Adding alcar and ribose.

3. bionaut

bionaut New Member

Thanks for the insight. I agree and want to have carbs, but spend about half the day in em bikini atoll. I know what I have gotta do, and am going to make it happen in time.

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

More on the paleo blindspot: Food is not the big deal in health. It is small potatoes! http://ow.ly/yYuEG

5. bionaut

bionaut New Member

Yea, it is an amazing place. I will miss some of the things in this are when I eventually pack on outta here.

6. bionaut

bionaut New Member

Been a very stressful week with loads of work. Scales moved against me to 233. Overall my sleep has improved a million times over and I get tired when I am supposed to as well as wake up at dawn. This weekend I got plenty of time outside and got to kick back in the sun and with CT. I felt an itch to do something so I picked up some kettle bells and for the first time in a year I did a short workout. Kettlebell swings to exhaustion, ironically I thought they were going to be very hard and I found that I was doing them better than I was a year ago. I was surprised at how much I was not winded. I do not want to overdo it so I will slowly be adding exercises over the next few months. Took some PQQ and ate a steak dinner right after.

7. caroline

caroline Moderator

How are your beautiful babies?

8. bionaut

bionaut New Member

Doing great, just hit the 6 month mark. We are going to try feeding them avocados this week...:)

9. caroline

caroline Moderator

everyone sleeping??? Your babies are simple stunning .....

10. bionaut

bionaut New Member

Continuing the leptin reset. Still hovering around 230, overall I am feeling pretty good and am happy that I have got this timing better. I am rereading the OSF series and taking lots of notes. The info is multilayered like an onion so, I need multilayered notes. I would like to turn some of this into an info graphic some time but I really need to just get my head wrapped around it first.

OSF1 http://postimg.org/image/pru42rf3n/

11. bionaut

bionaut New Member

Not so much, they getup at 3 am every night lol.

12. bionaut

bionaut New Member

Feeling decent this week. I have added the mitochondrial RX and am steadily humming along. Fats can easily satiate me in a meal. I have been around some pretty bad foods this week, doughnuts, pizza. Had zero urge to eat them. After reading OSF1 again I feel like I have a better handle on the gut interaction and why I need to eat seasonally.

Have added a little bulletproof intermittent fasting into the routine, noticed my sleep get a little worse and I had back pains at the end of the week. I can only guess it is from excess cortisol and not enough IR at the right times. Time to back off of coffee. I am picking up neurostabilizer cream for any stressful days due to a homozygous mthfrC677t.

Had an interesting experience this week where I ate sushi out in the sunlight for about 30 minutes. About 30 minutes after I felt pretty amazing. That is something new that I have never had happen before. Over the last month I have gone from about 236 to 227.

Am pretty excited for next week, I am heading up to a lake in new york to disconnect for a week. It is time to catch up on some reading.

nicld likes this.
  13. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

OSF 8 should be live 7/31

Lahelada and Danco3636 like this.
  14. Jude

Jude Gold

Great visual thanks..........................

15. caroline

caroline Moderator

Have a great week at the lake ..... can you sleep under the stars?

16. bionaut

bionaut New Member

Didn't get any sleep in the stars but I got a whole lot of tanning, time in a cold lake and grounding :) . Being at the lake was awesome, exactly what I needed. Out there I read the last few blogs a few times and have seriously upped my DHA content and nixed coffee to days where I get extra sun or am not working (1-2 days a week). 2 out of 3 meals contain DHA. I have had loads of sardines, mussels, shrimp and salmon this week. I am 0 to low carb this week.

A few immediate differences with DHA -
    Stress levels have tanked, there are a few rooms passing megawatts of electricity in my office, I would sense a cognitive haze hit me after about 90 minutes in there and major stress. I would normally hack this with ubiquinol, however I no longer feel fatigued like I used to in there.

I do not get nearly as thirsty. I am maintaining about a gallon a day of water intake but before this it was sometimes not enough.

Smaller wins, binge eating is nonexistent, libido is up, I feel mentally a little sharper and I feel like colors seem a little more vivid ( I should know, I painted a lot in my unversity)

I will continue to drown myself in seafood over the next week to continue this experiment.

At this point I have tried many of the hacks I have learned here. The big ones stick and I am finding ways to work them into my life and slowly improving. Last year I did a 23 and me test and found that I had a few SNP's that were probably contributing to me feeling chronically fatigued 2 years ago. I decided not to address them and stick to the basics first. At this point I am going to give a go at fixing them after going through heartfixer and yasko's work. At the top of the list is homozygous C677t and am going to try this http://mthfr.net/mthfr-c677t-mutation-basic-protocol/2012/02/24/ and then will pile on some mushrooms.

17. caroline

caroline Moderator

Thanks for the update .......you are doing great!

18. bionaut

bionaut New Member

I returned from vacation and it was really difficult to regain my work rhythm. I put on some weight and was back at 234. Got a lot of labs drawn 25 days ago, took some pics and I added CT into the mix daily continuing with the copious seafood. Shucktoberfest 1$ oyster month just started at my local fish shack:D.

So a few things to note, today I jumped on the scale and I am down to 219! starting to fit into old clothes and feeling much more energized. I used to have a bad case of athletes foot, had it for years, GONE. Also, I am feeling much more sensitive, acute awareness I would say.

Props to all of Josh's guru talk, I did some meditation with CT this weekend and it was splendid.

19. bionaut

bionaut New Member

I have been off of the forums for a bit, over the last month I have left my work in nova, a place I had been at for many many years and have moved down to fl. Feeling good out in the southern sun and am glad to be away from the megawatts of power flowing through those silicon rooms. I miss it.. but I don't, time for something new....

20. caroline

caroline Moderator

Great and positive update!

How are the babies? How is your weight now? has moving made a difference?