1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Bionaut's Journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by bionaut, Apr 30, 2014.

1. bionaut

bionaut New Member

Hi all.
    Just looking for a place to post my progress for my n=1. I am 15 days into a consistent ketotic diet and have gone from 230 to 223 lbs. My labs indicate that I need to stick to this for a while to repair my mitochondria. Currently I sleep on a magnetico and biomat and get an hr of sun and grounding. I work at night but am switching to days soon and am looking forward to getting leptin sensitive again. Thanks to Jeremy's blog I have picked up bouldering once a week in great falls va. If you live in nova you should get out there, it is a little oasis.
    image.jpg

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

nice pic!

3. cantweight

cantweight Gold

Very cool. I am in NoVa...where is this?

4. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

So glad you are switching to days soon.

bionaut likes this.
  5. bionaut

bionaut New Member

This is north by the Potomac. Here is a link http://www.nps.gov/grfa/index.htm

You have to hop a short wood fence to climb boulders. Nobody has ever stopped us. I think it is just to protect kids.

6. cantweight

cantweight Gold

Oh ok...so beautiful up there. My husband used to rock climb up that way...Carderock. Something I always wanted to do.

7. bionaut

bionaut New Member

For the last two years I found promise in CT and have used it to make me feel great. It never really fixed anything permanently and I think that is because I wasn't trying hard enough for a change. I didn't ever do a leptin reset because it was too inconvenient. Little did I know how much of a disservice I was doing. Moving to a night shift I literally broke my circadian biology. Over the last year I have gained about 15lbs, and then my sleep started going. I had never understood what it was like to lose the ability to sleep. There is almost a permanent haze that sits on your mind. My dependency on coffee has grown and carbohydrates were a requirement. Without consistent CT to encourage Keto I have been using hacks here and there to keep up my energy.
    I knew that this was a temporary phase and have really spent the last year listening, learning and studying my ass off. I am ready for a change. Fathers day, I had a great day with my 5 month old twins, I started my leptin reset and practically every rx I know. I am back on days now, time to right the ship. 237lb 36%

http://jackkruse.com/the-dopamine-rx-good-choices-or-bad/

Tanya and Josh like this.
  8. Josh

Josh Gold

Good to see you hard at it, works if you work it. Like the picture of Great Falls, have not been there for 20 years.

9. caroline

caroline Moderator

Good Morning from OZ!

Have you read C/T 10? details matter - as you have found out!

You have twins - how lovely! ..... you have so many reasons to get optimal!

pictures??

10. caroline

caroline Moderator

everyone needs to listen to Jeremy's webinar and the Q&A .........

Dr. K. gives us all so much ..... but Jack and Jeremy together - beyond priceless and inspiring... magic!

11. Tanya

Tanya Gold

It is great that you are back on a day shift and can restore your circadian rhythm. Based on everything that you have been posting so far, I can tell that you have a really good understanding of everything that Jack is teaching here.

12. bionaut

bionaut New Member

Thanks everyone Leptin reset is going well am down to 230.5. I dug my icevest out of the basement and have got a pretty awesome tan from the sun I have been getting. Being ketotic I have had to up my water to about 1.5 gallons a day. Didn't keep up with water intake over the weekend and had some wine and whiskey which caused my progress to slow. Going to just have to nix those for a while.
    I didn't realize how much I was snacking on nights.. I had some major habits to break the first two days. Since then carb cravings are gone and I am feeling mentally sharper. This is huge for just one week of doing this, can't wait till next Sunday.

caroline, Clayton and Josh like this.
  13. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

snacking kills you

14. caroline

caroline Moderator

15. bionaut

bionaut New Member

Down to 226.5. I am pretty sure that I am being limited by my water intake. Most days I am doing fine but today I have a raging headache. Funnily enough I was consuming about a pound of beef in the mornings thinking I was around 50grams, boy was I off. I am pretty sure I needed that much anyways until I was able to kill the ridiculous cravings I was having. At this point my sleep has improved fantastically, I get up only 3 times a night to attend to the kids but I am actually to go right back to bed until sunrise.

16. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I think water is one thing.......but your cell membrane chemistry is likely not far behind.

17. bionaut

bionaut New Member

Thanks J. To keep myself in check I ate about 10 oysters a week on nights for the last 6 months and now I have switched to sardines for lunch daily. :) let's keep the Dha comin

18. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I just ate a dozen tonight with some shrimp and a buffalo steak.

19. bionaut

bionaut New Member

This week I introduced carbs into the leptin reset. I have been getting tons of sun and wanted to see what effect I would have. Weight is up to to 230.5, I have always fluctuated pretty wide and quickly on the scale and now I can see why. Just takes a little bit of carbs to stall progress. Am not really worried about it though, I can say this is the best I have felt in a year. One thing I have noticed I am getting leaner, this is good news for me. I haven't worked out since last summer. I am not sure if I am going to go for the body by science program or go with kettle bell training in the yard. Three more weeks till I get to pick that up. Luckily my wife has seen an improvement in me and has jumped on board, after about a week her mood is up and this is becoming a good habit for us. :)

20. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I like this update. Time is now for carbs if your in the northern hemisphere. Do not be afraid of them. Just watch their effect on you.
    I'm glad you're listening with the intent to understand; instead of the intent to reply. Being effective for others is the ability to do the right things. You can help others see a new way to optimal. It implies coping with constraints and challenges. Effective people do the right things, produce creative alternatives, optimize their and your resources to obtain results. Effectiveness in leadership is the result of being consistent, clear and fostering an environment of trust.

Narrew and caroline like this.