1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Biohacking applicable to stature?

Discussion in 'Biohacking 101' started by faguo, Jan 17, 2014.

1. faguo

faguo New Member

With the new found idea of biohacking your own body, is there anyway to biohack your own body, to make yourself taller?

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Yes there is but you do know that being taller means lower testosterone, higher cancer rates and higher earlier mortality? Be careful what you ask for..........

Alex97232 likes this.
  3. Josh

Josh Gold

So then how do we get shorter....?

Alex97232 and ScottishEmma like this.
  4. caroline

caroline Moderator

love that Josh ^^^

5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

many ways..........the maya and inca were short because they had poor food supplies. They had abundant water but not high quality fat and protein.

Alex97232 likes this.
  6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

calories restriction will do it.........over generations but the type of macronutrients is important. The best effect is with fats......not carbs or protein. This is the way to naturally calorie restrict to activate the correct epigenetic signals for longevity. This is precisely how the Leptin Rx works. Read CT 4 for an overview of this idea.

Alex97232 likes this.
  7. yewwei.tan

yewwei.tan Gold

Haha, interesting. I'm 6'2'' as an Asian male, which is definitely above the norm.

As a random point of interest, my grandma and great grandma were of pretty average height, and my grandfather was only slightly taller than average (slight above 5'9''). All of them spent their early years in carb-filled China.

Then they landed on Christmas island, ate seafood basically every day (that was the only thing that was free), and all the males from the next generation were above 6 feet, and all the females were above 5'9''.

Also interesting is that most people in my family reached peak adult height pretty early, myself hitting that height when I was 17.

Maybe there is such a thing as too much fish :p

Arborescence likes this.
  8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

poor light levels with lead to small stature and so will hypoxia

9. cap

cap New Member

I am tall enough, but just curious to faguos original question, what would be a way to "biohack" someone to get taller? I picture tons of DHA rich foods, a lot of UV exposure....

10. cap

cap New Member

Bump! =)

11. MissLiz

MissLiz New Member

Well, no, but you could try doing dead hangs ie; hanging from a bar. Whenver I do them after not doing them for awhile, the first time I do them my feet don't touch the ground. After a few days, suddenly they do. Especially if you sit a lot, dead hangs are just something nice to do.

12. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Ilizoroff technique

13. Penny

Penny New Member

In the book "Deep Nutrition" there is an example of 2 short people having a tall child and they figured it was bone broths for the calcium? Of course, they were still short but closer to the earth - a benefit:)

14. drezy

drezy New Member

^^^ Yet another reason, on top of watching my mother crash my mitochondria, for me to chill myself 4-5x per week.