1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Big ass breakfast for an 8 til 5 worker...

Discussion in 'The Epi-Paleo Diet' started by Sean Waters, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Hi everyone,

Looking for ideas on how I can reduce my Cooking time down so i can get to work earlier...

The new project I'm on is 1 hour 30-45 minute commute and I'm getting in about 9.30-45, and i'm meant to be there at 8. they don't mind 1 hour late as it is a far commute, but any more is considered a piss take.

At the moment, I make omelettes with frozen veg to reduce preparation, or fish curries, but still takes over an hour to prep and eat and let it go down. Then 45 minutes to do my daily essential CT shower and get ready and it's taking 2 hours to get ready.

I would get up earlier than 6, but my body seems to need to sleep from 9pm til 6am, to be fully optimal - i sleep like a rock its great unless its disrupted then I feel awful.

I've started just 24 hr fasting, skipping breakfast, to get to work on time, but this isn't Optimal. So I either find some quick BABs or I have a confrontation with manager's at work... I don't mind the latter, but i'd rather find a pragmatic solution myself before that happens.

I used to do protein shakes, but stopped for some reason, they aren't really optimal - but i'd consider some good recipes with lots of heavy cream etc. I love coffee too.

Anyone got any ideas or share their own quickly made BABs?...

Thanks

Sean

Sheddie likes this.
  2. Bic

Bic New Member

Hi Sean,
    Cook more in the evening and eat it in the morning. Left over roast chicken and some veggies gently reheated for a few minutes, or leftover medium rare steak should get you where you need to go. If you are trying to up your fat from cream make a batch of say, Clam Chowder. Place it is a crock pot on high while you are CTing. Should be hot when you are finished.
    Bic

Sean Waters likes this.
  3. Why have I never heard of Clam Chowder before? That is absolutely perfect...

Yes agreed on chicken/ steak... I usually buy a Cooked Whole Chicken and fry up Onions, Broccoli and Mushrooms in butter to serve with it. This is one of my quickest meals! But it's not enough DHA for my liking... Plus, it's hard to store 5 whole chickens in the fridge lol...

The seafood meals like Prawn curry/ fish curry etc. take a long time to make and prep, reheating is ok but I don't want it to destroy the beneficial fatty acids by overcooking.

Clam chowder is agreat one though thank you!

Feel like a low carb sushi that I can make in a batch - like Smoked salmon, egg and avocado in a Nori sheet (1 g carb per sheet).

Sheddie likes this.
  4. JCDC

JCDC New Member

I cook stuff in crock pot overnight all the time. Its perfect. Especially since BAB is supposed to be consumed within 30 min of waking, which means an hour of prep time in the morning defeats the purpose.

Sean Waters and Sheddie like this.
  5. Billybats

Billybats New Member

This may be a dumb question. What do you all make in your crock pot. I know me personally I will be making beef stew soon when it gets a little colder, been craving it.

Sean Waters and Sheddie like this.
  6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Whatever is in the fridge goes in and I make it work.

Alex97232, shiran and Sheddie like this.
  7. shah78

shah78 Gold

roast chicken???????????? wtf! :) speechless

8. Billybats

Billybats New Member

You must have alot to choose from and a good cook;)

9. Billybats

Billybats New Member

Hi Shah,

Shah please don't take this the wrong way :(but some of us are slowly making changes (I guess you can say building up our dopamine). I personally tried doing jump right in approach but that made me worse, so I started with going out into the sun and grounding, some ct, and especially blue blockers along with controlling nnEMF help ALOT to were I gained more energy to get things done. The part was the least important on my list but eating in the right time fram helped too ( not even changing a whole lot food yet) Now I can focus more each change I make. Its baby steps for some of us starting out.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
  10. kris90

kris90 New Member

I personally skip breakfast because I feel better fasted in the morning when I have to work, but here are some quick ideas for you:

-Smoked salmon with cream cheese rolled up
    -Canned fish (salmon, sardines, mackerel, herring, oysters, mussels)
    -Pickled eggs and leftover cold bacon

Those are good cold food options. Nuts are great to have on the go too if they suit your needs.

Sean Waters and Alex97232 like this.
  11. Penny

Penny New Member

Coffee shake with the following: 4 eggs / 1/2 can coconut cream / 4 brazil nuts / handful of almonds/ 1 gram potassium bicarbonate/ cinnamon / cocoa powder / cardamom / ginger powder (Morrocan shake) / turmeric / black pepper/ 2 tbl gelatin / 1/2 tsp glycine (adds sweetness) - mix up the spices the night before - load up your coffee pot the night before - should take less than 5 minutes to throw it all into a blender - that's over 40 grams of protein and enough fat to keep you going all day with zero hunger - for fast food, canned fish/oysters ( I eat a can of oysters every day) or smoked salmon in a cooler or make some hard boiled eggs up - get the DHA ones where the chicken eats flax - Trader Joes has dark yolk eggs that do the trick...

12. Penny

Penny New Member

Chicken has lots of carnitine... plus the bones make a great broth -

Sean Waters likes this.
  13. shah78

shah78 Gold

Huge omega six black hole. Sort of an "anti- fish oil." :)..........And where can you get a real chicken? Upstate New York?.. Even "health food" stores sell "Auschwitz-chickens". They sell real grassfed beef, Maybe? but the humanly raised chicken is bullshit.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
  14. shah78

shah78 Gold

Real , pastured chicken is over $6 a lb, whole. That's $12/lb. meat. Find that at whole foods.:)

15. shah78

shah78 Gold

Sorry, chicken reduction is not part of the baby step cop out. :) The"Baby steps" exemption :) applies to difficult adaptions. Like sitting in 50 degree water for two hours. Switching from chicken- shit to seafood/ grass fed beef/lamb does not need "baby steps". You either never buy it again, or better yet throw out any you have in the fridge/freezer. :) Disclosure: I ate up all my frozen chicken/turkey in 2011. :)after starting Paleo.

caroline, Linz and Alex97232 like this.
  16. ScottishEmma

ScottishEmma Silver

We can get real chicken.

I love chicken. If I'm wrong I don't want to be right :)

Sean Waters and shah78 like this.
  17. Mystic Rose60

Mystic Rose60 Let the sun shine on you :))

If you were to come to my home and open my freezer, you would see a large bag of pastured organic chicken feet from my neighbor's farm that I use to make my bone broths. We drink our broth daily here.

18. Linz

Linz New Member

Are you sure? It is very difficult to find chicken with absolutely no imported ingredients in the feed, let alone fed on an appropriate local diet and kept in the right conditions if you don't keep your own hens.

19. caroline

caroline Moderator

what about pates and liverwurst and shrimp and cold steak and leftover salmon - all kinds of great options for a BAB - and a thermos full of BPC

Sean Waters, ScottishEmma and seanb4 like this.
  20. ScottishEmma

ScottishEmma Silver

Yes, I'm sure. And anyway, food isn't at all important, right? #shitonashingle

Sean Waters and caroline like this.