1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

BHRT Question

Discussion in 'The New Monster Thread' started by nuttmegs17, May 7, 2013.

1. nuttmegs17

nuttmegs17 New Member

For those on BHRT...

Do you find that there is usually an adjustment period as you change your dose or add soemthing to your routine?

I just started back on a little of P and E (for the 10 days after menses completion)...just .2 or each...and have started getting a little bloated in the stomach area. Since I'm literally on day 2 or 3, I dont know if I should jump the gun and assume that there is something wrong, or if I should expect that there is some time needed for my body to adjust and accept it. i will be updating Dzugan soon but just wanted some feedback.

Or if you do BHRT and never really have any sort of negative re-action, perhaps I'm in the minority...

Thank you!

2. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

I've seen positive results when I make changes such as increasing dosages - ie migraine goes away... but I do think for some people it can take a couple of days. Still reading Reissi's book and he mentions that in women who are peri-menopausal and younger women who aren't it can take a couple of days for their systems to balance out... I'd keep taking notes/journaling and update dzugan ever 3-5days...

3. nuttmegs17

nuttmegs17 New Member

Thanks! Good to know..I'll wait it out a bit and see...I have given them an update and will continue to update them prob every 3 days (as it seems to take at least as many days to get a response/update from them).

4. nuttmegs17

nuttmegs17 New Member

Just curious. How quickly do u get updates? I feel like I make an update and it takes at least 3 days for an adjustment to be made

Thinking I'm going to reduce the estrogen and hold off on adding P until I hit day 14 of my cycle. Think I need to start really low and go SLOW

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

5. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

It takes about 3-4 days to get an update... follow your instinct and tell him what you're doing...

6. SeaJane

SeaJane Gold

Gretchen and anyone else,

Which book of Reiss do you have and/or recommend? Natural Hormone Balance or The Natural Superwoman?

Thanks,
    Jane

7. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Jane I'm reading Natural Hormone Balance.... my next Hormone book that I'll be reading The Hormone Cure, by Dr. Sara Gottfried. After that I'm considering some of Suzanne Sommer's books....

8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I am a big fan of Suzanne Somers' books, just saying

9. nuttmegs17

nuttmegs17 New Member

I've read all of them. I think they all have something to offer. I figured after reading some of the other books, Dr. G's wouldnt provide much extra but it surprisingly did. I appreciated her style at least.

I need to go back and re-read the others esp know that I have more first hand experience and hopefully am "Getting it" a bit more. I have also read Dr. Dzugan's but its hard to find..."Your blood doesnt lie" or something to that effect...think I bought it second-hand on amazon.

I also am looking for that famous fertility book everyone raves about, whats it called? taking charge of your fertility? Not that I'm trying to get pregnant yet, but if being fertile equals optimum, or healthy, then its worth reading .....I looked for it, but it didnt have an e-book version available at the time

10. nuttmegs17

nuttmegs17 New Member

right on - I just did that and am folloiwng my instincts....slow and low for me I think. Hopefully it will eventually get me where I need to go. I'll be intersted to see if my stomach is still as bloated/upset as it was at the end of the day yesterday. In the morning I'm fine, its only around 4pm when i start to get pressure and a pop-out...I have also been a bit tired, but its different than the Progesterone tired I used to get. Before, I'd get super DRY eyes and feel like a zombie...now I just feel like I didn't sleep enough. Its been harder to wake up...I think I'll adjust but its intersting how much hormones can affect you.

New plan is to add the trie-est from days 5 (after my period ends) -14...thinking .1 or so...then reduce to maybe half that and add in a SMALL amount of P...see how I do with that and go from there.

Granted - I realize that is such a small amount as to not even be beneficial, yet clearly it does SOMETHING bc any more than that and I re-act.

I'm kinda annoyed bc generally THIS is my good time of the month...days 1-14 have always been my best (yes, when I am low in everything including P go figure). I realize P doesnt generally kick in until ovultaion so I'm just trying to mimic that. we shall see

11. diane

diane Gold

I've read a couple Suzanne Somers' books, and also one by Dr. Terry Hertoghe (he's the doctor that's interviewed in many of her books). Then I've also got Dr. Reiss' book on my iPad (I know, I know). :)

12. nuttmegs17

nuttmegs17 New Member

Ok, so I've reduced and while its gotten a bit better - I was no longer popping out as much yesterday afternoon, my stomach still feels a bit bloated and is a pokes out abit more than normal....my pants are therefore a bit tighter...not a fun feeling...

Should I just assume there is an adjustment period and wait to sort itself out...hoping my body will get used to it and settle down, or is this a sign that I shouldnt do it at all? just curious what y'all think...

Edited to add: i think I may be slightly more hungry on it as well...I tend to not be very snacky during this time of the month (I can take chocolate or leave it for instance), but the last few nights, I've definitely found myself thinking of food more often...hoping this is temporary?

Last edited: May 9, 2013
  13. freshveggies

freshveggies Silver

This is my best time of the month too. When I start the P, my breasts get sore. More doesn't seem to do the trick either. I am still thinking the ratio might be off for me, since I seem to do better on more E.

14. diane

diane Gold

One thing I took away from Dr. Hertoghe's book is that if you are on a dose that's too small, the systems are exacerbated. He was talking about thyroid specifically, but wonder if it's the same as the other hormones, and if there is an opportunity to increase. I think our instinct is to back off when we feel something different, when maybe that's the signal to go higher.

15. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

I think this is great!!! For me this is true... though there might be some where this isn't the case thought I think they might be a small percentage...

16. nuttmegs17

nuttmegs17 New Member

Hmmm that is an interesting theory...kinda along the lines of "the reason P made your breasts big is bc the E was fighting back" I think there absolutely could be something to it, but for me, I know just going higher will equal disaster. My body wont tolerate it. Maybe I should just stick to this dose, see if it levels out (please level out!!!!), and then slowly add a bit more.

For those on P and E - forgive me bc I know some have already answered this elsewhere, I just cant find it at the moment - do you generally do the E on days 1-14, then add P and reduce E from 14-28? Or something along those lines...curious. Thank you!

I see a new Dr on Sat. I will be sure to tell her whats up to get feedback as well. I'm always curious about others opinions. I'm hoping she might be a good person to help me get this thyroid stuff figured out. Wish me luck!