1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

BHRT experiences- pls share!

Discussion in 'The New Monster Thread' started by tweety, Aug 7, 2012.

1. LinD

LinD New Member

Thanks. I'll check to see the facts of what this doc's salivary testing represents

2. I'm confused if you are talking cortisol or sex hormones. I thought I saw somewhere on here a while ago that Dr. K recommended (someone please correct me if I am wrong) a 30 day saliva sex hormone panel for cycling females. If you are menopausal then blood is better for sex hormones. The 30 day test gives you readings of where the hormones vary throughout the month which I would think would be valuable. But I know the ASI is the best test for adrenals. Blood not as good on that one.

3. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

Sex hormones.

4. I always use mine at night. Dr K told me that I should increase my amount of progesterone and when I did, I started sleeping much better.

5. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

That's fine to use saliva before starting but what about after starting? I have to work on the pg/e2 ratio. How do I do that with saliva testing when it will be way out of range when you are using BHRT? That is my hangup with saliva. My test results were out of range even after stopping the prog. cream for a month or so. Just shows you how long it hangs in you.

6. Why did you stop progest to take the test? I did one baseline test with nothing in me then since then I have done my testing with taking the progesterone. I figure at 53 my body is done making progesterone (probably was done at 46) and I'm more concerned about how it's doing with me taking it since I'll probably be on it forever! But I have only done blood tests and not saliva. Honestly I don't know anything about saliva testing for sex hormones. I wonder what the month long saliva test would show or if that would be beneficial at all.

7. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

Not by choice, my natur. path made me. But, she didn't believe in bios even though her website said she did. I no longer see her. Now, my doc does believe in them but she doesn't believe in blood testing. I am confused as to how she will know where my levels are truly at. I have only seen her once though. I don't know where this relationship will go. Might depend on my next consult with Jack. I have to listen to the hormone webinar again and choose a doc more wisely the next go around. I am seriously considering the Wiley Protocal after reading her book. She gets it. She talks a lot about us humans and how we now have endless summer. Makes things Jack says more easy to understand. I do realize how important the whole light/circadian cycle is.

8. It looks like I have to get that book! I don't know that much about the Wiley protocol but I believe it uses high doses of the bioidenticals. Does she have just one book?

Just now reading Bombshell by Suzanne Somers. I've read most of the other book by her and this is her new one. Quite interesting so far.

9. LinD

LinD New Member

Which book are you referring?

10. Destiny

Destiny New Member

I just ordered The DZugan Principle: Your Blood Doesn't Lie! I hope it is good.

Book Description

Publication Date: December 1, 2009

This book is the first of its kind in that it unifies the philosophy of what is loosely called anti-aging medicine, alternative medicine, holistic medicine and bio-identical hormone medicine under one principle. This principle states that many diseases are merely different manifestations of imbalances within blood and body chemistry. This book is not anti-drug per se, but it does strongly argue that the first step in achieving true health is the optimization of body chemistry through bio-identical hormones, vitamins, and other nutritional and natural supplements. When that optimization is achieved, the list of symptoms that improve is staggering.

This paradigm has allowed Dzugan Method physicians to effectively treat such wide-ranging conditions as high cholesterol/heart disease, menopause, ED, depression, chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, migraine headaches, mental decline and macular degeneration.

11. kathylu

kathylu Gold

Ladies, I think we need a lot more information before trying the Wiley protocol. I have been checking it out myself and I am a bit concerned. First the dosages are fabulously high and the incidence of side effects is quite large. Also, I've started to "check out" Wiley...I was a bit concerned when I realized she has no initials behind her name. It turns out that she has no credentials whatsoever. She's not an M.D., in fact it doesn't look like she has a bachelor's degree either. Now that doesn't mean that her ideas have no merit, but there hasn't been any testing of her protocol, either in animals or humans. I find that a concern. I think that Dzugan looks like a safer bet.

12. kathylu

kathylu Gold

Is anyone on the forum on the Wiley protocol and having good results? Please share.

13. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

The one Darleen recommended, Sex, Lies & Menapause. It is a different sort of read. Doesn't talk about dosing so much as how we got to here. Same story as Jack. The book was published in 2003. Took me awhile to get thru it the first time. On my second time and am enjoying more than the 1st time.

14. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

I don't know if she has anymore, wondered myself. Need to look on Amazon I suppose. I don't have bombshell by SS, but I do have a few others. I have to place an order on Amazon anyway. Will look that one up.

15. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

You are correct on her not being an MD. She did write the book with Julie Taguchi, M.D. and Bent Formby, Ph.D. You have to be careful though it is under a specific name and there are others out there like hers. She is TS Wiley. Her dosing is based off of the natural rhythm that your body undergoes. It is not static dosing for 14 or 30 days a month. It is a bit more work but sounds like you are better off. I got the book 2nd hand for pretty cheap. I guess we all have to do what we feel is best. Darleen traveled 400 miles to go to one of these docs that follow her protocol. She swears by it. She does talk just a little about tri-est and how she thinks that confuses the receptors. Anyway, a lot of info is in the book and she is big into history (well, she is an anthropologist and cultural theorist).

16. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

totally agree.........

17. I read of one person, from another forum, who felt the dosages were too high! Of course she made this statement AFTER she had done the protocol and apparently from her commentary had major problems due to the higher than normal dosages. I believe with any doc we need to be aware and do our own research. It may work for some and not others. As with anyone who uses something and it works great for them and their particular circumstances, it does not automatically correlate into the same outcome for another.

I wanted to read the book from a knowledge standpoint to possibly gain more insight into hormones. I'm currently enjoying Bombshell by Suzanne Somers and her stuff is really revolutionary. Am I going to go out and jump on them? Probably not with the ones I've read about so far but we can see how the science and study of how to help our broken bodies is continually advancing.

18. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

+1 Patty. After thinking about the dosing regime, since it stays within you for so long, does dosing up and down like she does it really need to happen that often? If it is taken by the body when it needs it, then why would we need to dose like that? Confusing to me for sure.

19. SeaHorse

SeaHorse Gold

It seems to me that there is a dividing line in BHRT protocols with one side dosing to point where you are having a period (if they have stopped) again and the other side saying this is not a good idea. I'm still not convinced that having a period when you are menopausal is right, but I'm willing to listen. Clearly the individual context must be understood too...ie. migraine sufferers would take what works to keep their migraines away...etc.etc.