1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

BHRT experiences- pls share!

Discussion in 'The New Monster Thread' started by tweety, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Destiny

Destiny New Member

Patty, would you share the name for the oral micronized prog.?

2. I used to use Prometrium but that is in a peanut oil base and I have a little issue w/ peanuts. I now get it compounded.

3. Destiny

Destiny New Member

Thank you! I am going to ask for Prometrium (no peanut issue here), more estrogen and some testosterone next week as per Dr. Kruse. I also started on Cytomel last Sunday. So far very good!

4. tweety

tweety New Member

Really? So when you used P from day 15 you experienced bloating. At what point did you go to continuous use throughout the month and at what point did you go back down in size?

I'm not hugely estrogen dominant. My numbers are all towards the lower end of the ranges. The ranges were more like "less than X" and I wasn't anywhere near the number x. But, my progesterone went from low to even lower.

5. freshveggies

freshveggies Silver

Last month I added in P starting aroud day 7 and noticed I had no bloating and smaller size. It did not take long to see results. This is why I am going to do the Dzugan method because it has been the only program where I see a plan to get P all month long. But it will be the balance between P and E for me. If I don't have enough E, I can feel it. I have just tried to create a plan based on what I read from the book. I am being careful so I don't mess up my cycle and can get my labs done this Friday.

6. Joann

Joann New Member

my regular gyn told me that also....P will make me fat.

7. Destiny

Destiny New Member

There so many different opinions about this ...some docs say it will make you lose weight, some it will make you gain ... which one is it?

8. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

I saw weight loss as soon as I started supplementing Pg.

I'm using the 5% Pg in a cyclical fashion

.4ml Pg during TOTM

.8 ml Pg for 10 days + .1ml TriEst

1.0ml Pg for the remainder of my cycle

I still need more as in still having migraines (I've had 1 last Sat). We'll see what my Pg:E2 ratio is in September when we test again. I think I need more Pg on the back end. Fortunately my DHEA & Pregenolone are off the charts do the support is there

This plus the cycloset & epipaleo are beginning to make a difference for me. I still have a long way to go. But I'm on my way. Each day is fwd progress.

I think it will be interesting what my MW says when I see her for my annual.

9. tweety

tweety New Member

Looks like both!

Freshveggies- thx for the info. I missed day 7 this month, but I think I will order Dzugans book and look into it for next month. I don't think it's too smart for me to not add in progesterone when my levels are so low, and it sounds like Dzugans book has some new perspectives to consider. Which title is it?

10. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

She is speaking of progestins......those are synthetic progesterones.......bio identical ones do not do this. More proof that your doctor needs to get some CME.

11. freshveggies

freshveggies Silver

The Migraine Cure----I wish I would have seen it years ago, but the title kept me away as I don't have migraines.

12. tweety

tweety New Member

great thanks! I will go look for it today. I figured it would be the other one, Your Blood Doesnt Lie. I know several people have both books. I would love to try the Dzugan protocol, but right now its not an option. Although, the more I attempt to piece this together myself, the end cost is probably pretty close!

13. freshveggies

freshveggies Silver

I have been chasing horomones for years. The last 5 years, I had a doc that would let me dose myself and use what I wanted. I still couldn't get it figured out. There is a science and an art behind it. I also have tried 2 anti aging docs and another well known hormone expert to no avail. I am hoping Dzugan can get the job done right for me.

14. I originally lost weight with it when I took it the first time. It seemed like swollen water weight and was just a few lbs on the scale. I stopped taking it for a few years and started again and nothing happened....no gain, no loss.

15. tweety

tweety New Member

Thats what I am afraid I am doing right now. I think you're right, theres an art to it.

16. Glamazon

Glamazon Gold

I didn't realize hormones were so important until I saw my panel this year. I consider it just one leg of chair for optimal. The others are nutrition, gut health and CT. If any of these are not optimal there will always be wobbliness and uncertainty. The fact that I am working on getting my hormones optimal has made significant changes in my health and well being and supports the other legs of the chair. I was definately a prisoner of CW and had no idea why I would see no results. I worked on CW nutrition and exercise for years always falling quickly because unknown to me I was fighting a bad gut and poor hormones which affected my mind and attitude/motivation/energy as well as my body. Hopefully, as you become more optimal in the other legs you will see more stabilization of the hormone leg. I have to keep reviewing the blog and the quilt to see this is not just a multifactoral approach but a multidimensional one. I am certainly not at optimal but I definately have much more hope than I have ever had in the last 40 years that I could become so.

17. Glamazon

Glamazon Gold

I just wanted to add we need to be kinder to ourselves. Dr. K has been on this for seven years. Some of us "senior" female members have just been following the epi paleo plan since the beginning of the year. I had to relax about results. :) I have had great results over time but they are mostly internal and feeling states of being. Not so much on the exterior yet although that is slowly improving.

18. Joann

Joann New Member

LOL it didn't make me fat. made me feel nuts. one time I used only a dab, and I couldn't stop talking for 4 hrs.

19. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

they are huge.......

20. natural_girl

natural_girl Silver

Colleen

How do you apply the cream to the upper inner arms? I was applying on the inner arms between wrist & elbow (easier to rub together) but if I will get better absorption up higher I will apply there just not sure how to rub together? LOL