1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

BHRT experiences- pls share!

Discussion in 'The New Monster Thread' started by tweety, Aug 7, 2012.

1. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

I have read that when you are e-dom. you have to take a LOT to overcome the estrogen. Iirc, it was over 200 mg a day. I don't claim to fully understand it. Something about not enough actually pushes the estrogen higher hence the bloating, etc. Start googling progesterone dosing. There is a lot out there. Taking it now is a lot different than last fall but my estrogen is only 11% of what it use to be to. My ratio still sucks but I have to give it time. I have noticed that it makes me pee a lot all day. Not at night though. At least I believe that is what it is from. It is also very cool in my office so might be a combo but I wasn't peeing like this before.

2. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

excellent description of what happens....

3. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

Wanted to share my BHRT experience and tell those that are frustrated by their current doctor to not give up. If you aren’t happy with the care you are receiving then it is time to move on.

This was my situation. The OBGYN I saw in June ran every test I wanted and it was an extensive list; and then suggested some additional testing. Unfortunately, she did not want to (or was unable to) explain the results of the more complicated testing. She forwarded the data to a head pharmacist at a compounding pharmacy for recommendations.

After a frustrating month of calls and emails with the pharmacy I learned the delays were caused by a lack of response from the doctor’s office. Time for me to look for another doctor…I never did get a new BHRT prescription from her.

I saw a post on this forum from another member who felt she had found a very good doctor in our area. I PM’d her and she was gracious enough to share the doctor’s name (thanks PrimalPam!). I made an appointment and sent in my medical history, all test results, and a copy of my education consult for her to listen to.

My first appt was today. I am very impressed with their office staff and especially the doctor. I first met with the nutritionist. They recommend Paleo which lines up nicely with my current WOE. We also discussed current meds & supplements.

Then I saw the doctor - who specializes in menopause management. She had taken the time to review ALL the data I had provided and also listened to my educational consult twice over the weekend. There were notes written all over the materials I had sent.

We spent an hour going over everything and she made her recommendations. Three prescriptions have been called in to my compounding pharmacy. The estrogen/testosterone will be in cream form and the progesterone will be taken orally (my progesterone was upped to 200 mg daily). The thyroid meds will be compounded – no added fillers.

I also had some additional blood work this morning and will go back in late next week for the Genova Diagnostics NutrEval and the Sprectracell LPP (Lipoprotein Particle Profile) testing. My follow up appt for those test results is already scheduled.

Finally! My gut tells me I am moving in the right direction.

The moral of this story is Don't Give Up...

4. SeaHorse

SeaHorse Gold

That sounds so wonderful...very happy to hear of your success...

5. Joann

Joann New Member

$300! wow 6 month supply I hope. my dh puts it on his inner thigh.

Please post how it goes. oh, and his is a mix of T and some P. twice a day.

6. Joann

Joann New Member

Cavemam, dont screw around with T in a dose for men. A woman's dose is minuscule compared to his dose.

7. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

Ladies, I need your expertise on progesterone. I get a tom headache and now we are on day 2 for both. What will get rid of it? Shouldn't progesterone do that? Will upping it right now for a day or two help?

8. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Yes it can help what dose are you on during TOTM? Try adding .2ml to your regular dose and see if that helps

9. Patty Cakes

Patty Cakes Silver

I heard that progesterone helps and also an extra dose of magnesium. Sublingual mg would be best. I rarely get headaches so I cannot say if this works or not.

10. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

Self-dosing for right now. Got to figure out yet when I need it and when I don't. Last month I stopped too soon on day 1 and shouldn't have. I needed it for a carryover to smooth things out. I also found out last month that I think I started it too early. It made me kind of a cry baby. Didn't like that at all. I have to wait for my next appt. before she starts me cycling. I am only taking 20 mg 2x day right now. My breast tenderness went away very fast this month and actually it wasn't breast so much as nipple. It use to be all breast and was a killer. Now, not so bad.

On the down side, the pharmacy gave me the stupid click thing this time. Next time I will ask for the syringe. Much more accurate and I can up or down the dose a whole lot easier. Still thinking about TS Wiley or Dhugan but I have to see what she is going to do first and give her a chance.

11. freshveggies

freshveggies Silver

I just got my Dzugan prescriptions so I will be starting it as soon as I get them filled. Will keep you updated as to how it goes.

12. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

I will be excited to hear how you fare.

13. Three month supply! It's just T. He did his wrist so far. We are going to test again at the end of three months and see what up. The only advice I could come up with is don't put it on fat it might turn to estrogen. I will talk to him about thigh.

14. Lyndra

Lyndra Gold

Does taking too much progesterone cause anxiety? I upped mine for a few nights, hoping to get better sleep. I couldn't tell that it helped sleep but I was really uppity during the day - cranky, anxious and depressed.

15. Lyndra

Lyndra Gold

I wonder if JanSz would have advice on usage.

16. PrimalPam

PrimalPam Silver

I'm so glad you had a good experience w/Dr. G.! I'm glad to read of your experiences with the BHRT appointment, as she wants to hold off on doing any hormone testing until my 3 months off BCP's are up. But I have an appointment next week to review my Genova nutritional testing and get the LPP testing done.

I had found her on PaleoPhysiciansNetwork.com, and I too have been impressed.

17. Destiny

Destiny New Member

I increased my progesterone supplementation and started a small dose of DHEA. My FBG went up and is around 110 or higher. Before it was not great either but it was in 90's.

Did any of you experienced this? Any suggestions?

18. kathylu

kathylu Gold

Destiny, that's interesting. I hadn't put the two together, but I started bhrt about 4 months ago. My FBG was around 105 before that and now it's around 120. Could be coincidence, but it makes me wonder. I just thought my FBG was getting worse b/c of my sleep apnea. I'll do more research into the topic when I have some time.

19. freshveggies

freshveggies Silver

HI Dzugan ladies, I am on the program and have a question. What is their philosophy about only using .1ml of progesterone at ngiht. I need more. Don't we use all of it up every 12 hours. I called my advisor and said I want more explanations about what they changed and why --- now they sent another update to my doctor to just explain to me what they changed. It was not even what I asked them for. I wish we could communicate better. I would love to ask a question, but doesn't seem like they can answer any without going through my doctor.

Another question. my program says .1ml estrogen at night and .1ml progesterone at night. Do you think this would be a wise idea to try. During the day they have me on .1ml estrogen and .3ml progesterone. I would think at night that wouldn't be enough progesterone to balance the estrogen. I have not been using any estrogen at night and I have been using more progesterone at night. I am a little afraid to try this.

my progesterone is 100mg per ml and my estrogen is triest at 1.25mg per ml.

20. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Ughhh

Hormone days from hell this wkend. Yesterday woke up at 4:30 w/what started to be a migraine dh too havoc to keep him from bothering me. And I warded the damn thing off

Then today around 10am BAM! (emeril style) I get bulldozed be a wicked ass migraine one of the worst I've had since starting BHRT Had to breakdown and take the Target version of exerting migraine (2xs no less it was that bad). Now my stomach is rioting (could be the leftover fish from Friday though). Ugh

So I look at what day it is in my cycle yup cd24 hormone drop. Yeah!!! Couple that w/massive acne. I'm still no where I should be regarding Pg:E2 ratio

Seriously going to be pushing for increasing my dosages. Going to ask to move up big time. I need more Pg. looking back I can't believe I survived w/these 3-4c/month.