1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Better late than never

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by vkiernan, Apr 18, 2012.

1. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

Vickie keep us posted on the CT. I've quit except for cold blasts in the shower.

2. endless

endless New Member

I have to admit to wondering if the shredding of fat/tightening of skin is more of a male result...I keep hoping for it but not sure I've actually noticed anything. I keep at it now more for the way it makes me feel, and for recovery after tiring my muscles out. Maybe I will go hard with face dunks for awhile and see if my 'frown wrinkle' goes away!

3. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

Krista,

My fear with face dunks is that I will lose fat on my face and I can't afford that as I have a thin face. I'm afraid I would have more wrinkles if I did that.LOL!

4. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

Saw my doc last night and it went well. My heavy metal cleanance has made great progress. So-much-so that I might only have to do this last round of chelation. Some of them dropped 75%. I am very excited about that and I think she was pleased as well. I am also doing methyl b vits from Neurobiologix too to help with methylation and chelating. Not sure I have the problem but I sure had a lot of alleles for it so I'm going with it. The results are speaking for themselves too so I am going to continue my current protocol. I am also eating a ton of mushrooms for the b vits and will continue with that as well.

She is putting me on GastroMend-HP for the H. Pylori since the last antibiotic further trashed my gut. Surprisingly, she is going to put me a probiotic that is organisms from the earth like Primal Defense. I am happy about that. Introduce something different and see how things go. She has to order it so it might be a week.

I am still having the bouts of the big D every 7 to 10 days and it lasts for about 2 days. No reason in sight yet. I have not done any special baths that might have been creating the problem or taken mag. Supposedly the Vibrio is gone so I have no reason and the doc doesn't either. I will be doing a full gut panel after I do the G-mend for the H. Pylori in between chelating and hopefully this will expose the culprit. I will also be retesting my metals at the same time.

She is looking into buying an amethyst pad for her patients to use (I'm sure there would be a charge but I am looking forward to trying it if she does). I have googled it and it sounds like it does everything the magnetico sleep pad does but more. I am very interested in this. Anybody know anything about it???

Used my calming cream to help me sleep and I think it is why I am tired today. Got to keep a journal on the stuff so I know. It sure helps the sleep though.

Looks like we will be heading North for one more blast of snowmobiling. We might as well since it is still very much winter here.

Got to get my cold squishy buns in the cold tub. Did it Monday and I froze that night.

5. endless

endless New Member

Congratulations on the chelation! That's great news...one less thing to worry about.:)

6. caroline

caroline Moderator

Vickie - it must be so hard to keep track of everything.......so glad you are seeing great progress!
    I guess men do shred fat better and faster. I have been icing my mid section for more than a year now. There is a little progress but not going to LGN anytime soon!

7. Hope

Hope Gold

That all sounds great, Vickie! What do you chelate with?

I have not heard of that mat but it too sounds great...though for a king bed it's 4000$, ugh. More than the magnetico sleep pad. I love what they say here:

The technology of the Biomat was actually discovered by NASA. In the early days of the space program, Far Infrared Elements were placed in space suits to simulate life in sunshine in the frigid temperatures of space which was not adequatly provided for by electric blanket technology. Nobel Prize winning research discovered the effect of negative ions on biological cells describing their detoxing effect. Biomats with Jade have been in production in the Orient since the 80's. Amethyst replaced Jade because of its filtering and natural healing properties and was introduced to the United State in the early 90's. FDA approval was listed on 5/24/99. Ten's of thousands of Biomat Users extol upon it's healing properties.

-- I have to say, I recently got a few small stones and love them....I carry some in my pocket....

I still really want a Magn. sleep pad....they said you could get the same effect in a 10 inch mattress

8. freesia

freesia Old Member

Vickie wonder if the probiotic is Prescript Assist? I've been hearing good things about that.
    Also...saw Biomat mentioned. I don't have one but know a couple of people who do..and they LOVE them. Hope you get to try one and report back!
    Great update :)

9. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

It can be tough but I really have no choice. I don't think I will LGN anytime soon either. Although, Jack said I could exercise once my sleep gets better and I'm back on a roll so I am hoping to start soon.

I'm not sure if it is prescript assist but I'm going with it and very hopeful. That is really cool that you have friends that love them. I love feedback from real people especially when spending those kind of bucks.

10. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

Hi Hope. I chelate with DMSA but I'm not really sure if the success is all due to the DMSA or the methyl b vites. I'm guessing both. I'm just glad it is working.

I never thought about getting some of the stones. That is a great idea. I can put them on my desk too and rub them when I have time.

Thanks for checking on the mattress depth and it's effectiveness. I would take either of those and be happy knowing I was doing something good for me.

11. caroline

caroline Moderator

so .... amethyst has detox effects? I was looking at stones yesterday and those were the ones I was drawn to. I need to go and check all this stuff out.

12. Hope

Hope Gold

Caroline, so many stones are so amazing. The crystal shop I went to had several big books. Jasper is amazing to me, too. A guy walked in and talked about rainforest jasper, and said he keeps it in his pocket, it's supposed to balance the chakras and protect you from stress, etc.

http://www.charmsoflight.com/amethyst-healing-properties.html

I was really drawn to this beautiful green stone, aventurine, and bought it too....looked up what it's good for...relaxation and the heart chakra. Which is what I need. Also read diamonds help with EMF exposure...not sure if it's true (this was online). I have one in the car and one by my end. Nice and cool too. I put it on my chest before I sleep. But what's crazy - last summer on vacation, knowing nothing, I was drawn to this aventurine necklace (didn't know it was aventurine then). I don't wear necklaces but fell in love with it.....when I looked at it the other day, I realized my intuition knew what I need it.

Vickie,

that is awesome the DMSA is helping you!! I couldn't handle it when I did it. Yaye for you!!! :)

I also bought some small stones in Europe a couple years ago that you can put in your water....also fascinating. Still haven't done it though.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2013
  13. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

Checking in... I believe the dmsa is causing the big D. Every tuesday after I finish the chelation from Friday thru Sunday it happens. Guess I gotta roll with it for another 4 weeks. I can do that! Just started my d-ribose today and all my stuff from Neurob came the day before. Hoping that will give me a jump. Mood hasn't been very good lately. Can't seem to get out of this rut. Thinking it is the eggs, etc. Dh still doesn't get what the wrong foods are doing to me. He thinks if it makes me happy then an earlier death is worth it and I should just enjoy whatever I want. Boy does that sound messed up. I also have to give up coffee. I really don't want to but know I should. He still hasn't smoked and I am very proud of him for that.

An interesting note: my dd just started seeing a chiropractor who is helping her figure out her back problems. He told her they were from eating something her body doesn't like which is causing inflammation and tight muscles or something like that anywho. She has celiac so she needs to be extra careful. He also told her to treat here dd's. I have been telling her they have leaky gut and she also does so now it has been confirmed and she is doing something about it.

Hope, what did the dmsa do to you? I'm pretty sure it gives me stomach problems. Maybe the dmsa is why my mood is tanking too. Don't know but I hate it.

14. Hope

Hope Gold

Wouldn't surprise me about DMSA, Vickie.....with me - it totally made me tired. Of course it was at a very stressful time - DH had to look for work, we were deciding to move to DC for an opportunity and I couldn't function so my functional MD lol said to take a break and I never got back on it after four weeks (but I have been dumping LOTS of mercury I think bc of my iodine intake in the last year). Of course I was super super low on iodine and didn't know. I am sure I was super depleted all my life. In fact I have been convinced that I am at least a third generation low thyroid person. My grandma died at age 36 from a type of fever after childbirth. The MD who helped her give birth, he passed it around from another woman but I am convinced if her thyroid was stronger, she'd have survived - I don't care that it was WWII Germany. I sure wish she'd met Albert Einstein at the time since he lived there in his summer home..ugh. This spring for the first time ever my DH was having a bad cough and I did not get it - and I blame my better iodine and of course all the JK Rx's I am doing. And I can't wait to get the magnetico sleep pad. Have you thought about it more? I had to get it. Gotta try it for six months at least. There are too many things I think it could help with and ten years from now I wanna know I did all I could.

So anyway...the DMSA as it helps you dump the mercury and anything else it is able to dislodge from your body will naturally upset your gut flora.....if you have candida, as the mercury is taken out, candida is also killed and that can cause detox symptoms too - the candida is partially there to protect you from mercury (so you can't get rid of candida until you really get rid of mercury!), it's a fascinating thing. But this is ultimately a good thing, you just have to make sure you rebuild the flora and support it with Epcot and so on and stay on the foods you know are good for you. My DH doesn't get it either AT ALL about food. Though he does see how sick I get when I eat something I should't so I try not to.

Not surprised your mood would tank while chelating too. You are literally changing brain and body chemistry etc. Think of it as a kitchen remodel. Doesn't look too bad before. THen, you start ripping stuff out to get it ready for the new shiny stuff...and while that is happening it all looks awful, lots of dust...and then when the bad is out you put the new in and everything runs much better and looks better too.

I wish sometimes my DH would get it more about food and even light and wifi (my big struggle!!!!) and so on. I think in part it is because as a woman I am more sensitive to it all (and Dr K said it too in his webinar)....and also because I know what it's like to feel sick and not able to do all I want, as I used to when I lived in small town Germany and wasn't - in my belief - exposed to as much crap as I have been here in the NE US in the last 17 years. Well he doesn't. He doesn't know any different from his usual MO. His usual falling asleep TO the TV, ugh, low energy, blaming low libido on being in his 40s. I wonder too if Dr K wasn't so sick all those years ago, if he might have really dug as deep as he now has. I know I wouldn't. All my passion for health and so on is bc I know what it is like...

All the best to you!

Last edited: Mar 27, 2013
  15. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

Wow Hope, you pretty much summed up exactly in my life too. I seriously either want the magnet or the Amethyst. Going to look on ebay and craigs list again. I think I will put a notice on my phone app so if one comes out it lets me know. DH is very skeptical about either of those working so it is hard to convince but I'm not done trying yet.

Hope, I have another question. We have a meter on our air conditioner that allows it to be cycled on and off in peak times. Is this some sort of a smart meter or??? DH is calling the electric company to find out more. I'm impressed that he is actually doing something for me in this fashion. How is the signal transferred to and fro?

Now to check in. I had the strangest afternon yesterday. I had taken my first dose of d-ribose in the am along with my mito support and the normal methy b vites. I went to my 2nd job around 5 and was focused and whizzed right thru it all and was not hungry until about 8 which was then too late to eat. So, was this just a fluke? I am always starving by 5:30ish. But to not be wiped out by 5 or even 8 was sooo not me! I will see what today brings. I sure hope good things cuz I have been really tired lately. Maybe I am getting rid of enough metals that it might be making a difference. I know I shouldn't post this cuz everytime something good happens, something bad always happens right after. Sleep, on the other hand, was not so great last night but the room was 65 and that is just too warm. Tonight is another night though!

16. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

Just a quick note to note that sleep was crap last night and the kitchen tv/computer was left on. Not tonight! That baby is being turned off no matter what. I am crazy tired and this is starting to really tick me off. Not only that, he isn't sleeping either. So, either I am waking me up or he is waking me up. Makes for a baaaad night. This momma isn't happy right now.

17. Hope

Hope Gold

Hi Vickie,

that is great about DH doing some research for you. yaye! I wish I knew the answer to your question about the AC. Will you do the special webinar they are doing with the EMF expert? It sure sounds smart meter-ish to me but I couldn't say for sure.

As to the pad, I believe it does something. Dr K explained it a little too, in the Sleep Rx webinar. Something about it helping metabolism efficiency increasing to 100% with its use and other things.....I am hoping it will make a difference. Dr K said it did for him, in his old house so that is enough for me. Of course my n=1 is different but I must try it.

That is great as to the D-ribose. You never know! :)

The sleep - I had a rough night Tuesday night as well. But it was full moon so I think that has something to do with it. It's been so so cold here, in the 40s, but I am still grounding.

Do you ground before sleep at all? Maybe that would help?

18. caroline

caroline Moderator

My sleep is terrible for the last couple of days too - can't understand. I think I am not taking anything before going to bed tonite and see if that helps. Mt ipad bothers me terribly and I don't understand that either....

19. Hope

Hope Gold

Caroline, the iPad is especially bad if you are using wifi....also it's a touch pad which is bad. There are other reasons it's bad but I forget. Someone here had shared on another post.

Alex97232 likes this.
  20. caroline

caroline Moderator

no - I am not using wifi. I just use my ipad as an e reader but it seems to me that it is worse than using my laptop - that totally doesn't make sense tho. I have Jack's book on my ipad and can't really get to it!