1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Better late than never

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by vkiernan, Apr 18, 2012.

1. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

Another quick check in. Still doing a lot of things for my gut. Mood is holding stable and I am feeling a little happier again and sleep is soooo much better. I truly believe it was getting trashed from my new laptop last fall. I have backed way off the last 2 months and I'm sleeping. Matter-of-fact, I am not waking up on time to take my t3 and I am not worrying about it either. Bedroom is too warm though. Have to back the temp down further. 62 apparantly is too high. The DH and I are a little cold adapted. We realized this when we come home and the house is 64 and it is too warm. How is that possible?LOL I will take it. Makes me think that CT in 50 degree water is not far from that and should be a lot easier than last year this time when we all started and had no cold adaptation. I don't have time tonight or tommorrow but I have the whole weekend and will JUST DO IT! Looking forward to reaping the bennies that come from it like shedding a few lbs. We turn the clocks ahead this weekend and I've realize I am ready for bed by 8 and wake around 4:30 so this will throw me right into a good schedule from 9ish to 5 or 6ish and maybe start ct'ing in the am again.

A thought based on the last episode of the big D. I am starting to think it was a detox thing or too much mag and not the Vibrio. It has not reared its ugly head since. My breasts are not sore anymore either. This happended when I was CT'ing a lot and had the estrogen dump and it feels like that. Time to keep doing those baths along with ct.

Based on some of the things I have been reading out here I have started bringing my water from home again. Our well is deep and cold and the water tastes great. Don't know what is in it but I am working on testing it. I believe it has to be better than the filtered stuff I have been drinking at work that runs thru a lot of really old piping. Our house is only 12 years old so the piping should be good.

Really working on the DH for the Magnetico sleep pad but not gaining any ground. He doesn't have time to research it himself and I cannot explain it to him like I need to. He gets grounding but not the magnet like the earth intended. He told me to sit in a tub of water and I would be grounded. Is this true? Anyone? I am ready to go back to 3rd grade science and start from there to learn this stuff. I would love any advice from anyone on how to explain this to my dh. I am not science minded and it makes it very hard as he is or at least a lot more than I am.

2. Hope

Hope Gold

Glad you are feeling better!

Does this make any sense to you: http://magneticosleep.com/about-magnetism/biomagnetic-theory/

Why do we need to augment naturally occurring magnetism?

There are two major factors adversely affecting magnetic resonance.

First, a gradual cyclic decline in our geomagnetic field has left the atoms of our bodies in a lower energy state, making it more difficult for magnetic resonance to occur. 6 It is estimated that we have lost 70-80% of our magnetic field in the last 4000 years. 7,8,9,10

Second, in this technological age, the outside electromagnetic frequencies your body is exposed to are higher and stronger than ever before. As a result, these frequencies override the vital brain function of magnetic resonance with your organs and tissues. 11 This interference leaves you in a fatigued state that, over an extended period, can contribute to the development of chronic ailments. This development is due, in part, to a lack of restorative resonance. 11

How can you restore the magnetic field your body needs?

These deficiency states can be overcome by exposing your body to an enhanced steady state, magnetic field (much like the Earth’s) during sleep. In North America, the magnetic field must be pure negative and completely pass through the body in order to complement the negative field of the Northern Hemisphere. 11 By using our patented Magnetico Sleep Pad, you ensure your body will receive the right direction of magnetic energy, which is essential for organ and tissue restoration.

Maybe not, but it really helped me.....hopefully you too. I guess it's somewhat similar to grounding in that you get back to being connected to nature's rhythms?

3. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

Hope, Thank you very much helping me. I will be showing him this morning. Do you have this pad? What are you all doing to mitagate the effects?

4. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

Ok, finally got my squishy buns in the cold tub on Saturday and OMG it was sooo cold. My tailbone area is still tender from so much snowmobiling but it literally ached when it hit the water. I really struggled with the pain to stay in the tub. My arms ached from my elbows to my hands and they weren't even submurged right away. It took a bit and then it all went away but holycow did things ache. I do not remember this from before when I was CT'ing but I am also not the same person I was on the inside either. Sunday was a bust with a terrible headache most of the day and just feeling pretty yucky. Today is fine. A little hard to get up with the time change but I am good to go now.

My sleep is sooo good now. This makes me not want to read on my laptop anymore to screw it up. What will I do? I need to keep learning but not mess with my health either.

5. caroline

caroline Moderator

So glad you are making progress Vickie. Great sleep is so important. I have the same problem - I think I could possibly read forever on my laptop ... There is soooooo much to learn! I can't figure out how to get around it.

6. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

Got my heavy metals results back and my gut test. Damn, can't win for trying. The metals test is a little better but not great so another round of chelation. Got rid of the Vibrio (YEAH!) but now have H. Pylori and a more trashed gut flora balance than before. Thinking the antibiotics did their job of treating the Vibrio but also trashing my gut flora. I've never had H. Pylori so I have no clue about but am reading.

In the mean time, my wonderful sleep is now HORRIBLE. I am waking up restless and tossing and turning. Still falling right back asleep but what is the change???? I don't know cycle wise if I am in pms week or cycle week. No tell tale signs. I have considered what Gretch says about her cycle at the end and how it whacks out her sleep. I will be paying attn. I think this is cycle week which means it should get better soon. Only time will tell.

Had another bout of the big D yesterday and the day before. Got to be detox since the Vibrio is gone. And, it has happened after I did special baths. Might have to do them before the weekend so I am home when the detox hits 2 days later.

Looking forward to tomorrow. Taking the day off and spending it with one of my sis's.

7. caroline

caroline Moderator

Have you checked the EMF situation in your house yet?

Alex97232 likes this.
  8. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

Nope but it sure is on my list! We have a touch screen computer in the kitchen which is right next to our bedroom. We run the tv cable thru it to watch tv in the kitchen. Sometimes we have problems with the tv turning on so DH decided to leave it on all the time this past week or so and I am wondering if that has something to do with the crappy sleep. It is about 20 feet from our bed. He turns the wifi off but leaves the tv portion on. I would think since the computer is on to support the tv that this would be emitting some for sure. I definitely want it checked out and I will have to do it as I'm sure he won't. His sleep is crap too and I am tired of him rolling over and waking me almost every stinking hour of the night. This is getting ridiculous. I am exhausted, cranky and achey in the joints.

9. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

H pylori is the bacteria that causes ulcers. It's treatable with antibiotics.

I had so many rounds of antibiotics when I was having major sinus issues caused by the silver pins in an old root canal that the last time the doc said I needed more I burst into tears in his office. I finally found Garden of Life's Primal Defense and it fixed my gut. I still keep a bottle handy. When you read the guy's story you will be absolutely amazed. Fix your gut, fix your health.

As to sleep -- separate bedrooms for a while? Even though I'm not happy about it, my sleep is much better now that we each have our own bedroom.

10. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

Hi Darleen. I have heard of that stuff and even googled it once probably because you or maybe it was Jansz that mentioned it at some point. My doc had me on a bunch of stuff for the gut along with everything I have been doing for almost a couple of years so I'm surprised it is in worse shape. I hear ya on fix the gut and fix the health. Just not so easy to fix the gut as I'm finding out. Maybe that stuff will work. Not much lost in trying it for sure. I will be checking it out today. Thanks.

11. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

Vickie, you bet ... read his story. You won't believe your eyes. I sure didn't. He went from looking like a literal skeleton to a healthy, hearty well built man. He was diagnosed with Crohn's and basically cured himself with what is now the Primal Defense.

12. Hope

Hope Gold

Vickie,

boy - your sleep sounds totally affected by the TV situation. I would change it asap. I am dreaming of turning off all circuit breakers I don't need at night (i.e. except for the one outlet for my CPAP) but not sure if I can manage to get DH on board.

Also, I do not yet have a magnetico sleep pad. But I REALLY want one. Because we spent such a high percentage of our income on medical expenses last year, I am going to see if we can use some of our return on one. Trouble is, our mattress is a 10 inch thick latex one which I LOVE but not sure how much will 'go through' it.....and I have to convince DH yet, too...

About H Pylori....I had that last summer. My MD followed up the GI Fx test with a breathing test and for me that was negative. So, we didn't treat it except I was already on the dpi paleo etc. and in the follow up Gi Fx, it went away. Of course this is only my story and I was taking strong detox support in probiotics, one of them is

http://www.amazon.com/UltraFlora-Acute-formerly-Proboulardi-Capsules/dp/B001ECVHSW

And another to help rebuild flora after ABX I needed for my own brand of parasites (LOL). I did spend the money, but after hearing Dr K's webinar on the EP Rx sometime last summer/fall, where he says, we have trillions of good bacteria in our gut and so 50 billion even won't make much difference (he used a different phrase I shouldn't repeat, but..) so now I am not sure. I know he really recommends the sauerkraut, kombucha etc for rebuilding flora....and of course I am sure you remember all the other stuff he mentions like the horseradish, the bone broths, turmeric etc.

Jordan Rubin is sure amazing. His were some of the first books I read when I started getting into nutrition 15 years ago. I just gave them all away - I could have sent some to you. It's all great stuff, but I have to say, no one makes as much sense or goes as deep as Dr K. The whole hormone-gut-stress-brain thing no one does as good as he. I really believe that. All the other stuff adds value, for sure, especially for people starting out....

Vickie how is your diet now? Are you still avoiding carbs and sugars etc? If so I am sure your gut will recover. How bad was/is your H Pylori i.e. what number + was it on your test? Can you do the breathing test??

Good luck with everything.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2013
  13. BJK77

BJK77 Gold

Vicki,

I would think that would have to have a major impact on your sleep. Turning the breakers off at night and cutting wifi has been making a huge difference for me with sleep. I hope you can find a way to cut the cable and shut off electric to the computer so you can test out the effect on you.

Alex97232 likes this.
  14. caroline

caroline Moderator

Good luck V with finding answers. Lights out and turning off the TV are huge for me and lately I have been eating around 6:30 instead of my usual 4:30 because I haven't been hungry. That is making a huge impact on my sleep.... Not good....

15. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

Thanks all so much for chiming in. I love feedback. Really helps me to think differently and you all brought up lots of good things to think about. I realized last night that even though I am not reading on my laptop at night, he is sitting right next to me with his along with the mifi and cell phone and using all three all night long. This is going to be really tough as he has a computer business (all aspects) and sells cell phones. I think he believes a little bit that it is bad but doesn't really care cuz he doesn't realize how bad and it could affect his business ultimately! I could always sit on the other couch. My sleep actually got a lot better when I quit the laptop at night and started watching tv instead. I always had my shades on though too and my tv is pretty far from me. I am going to order that meter and see what is really up. Only way to know.

Hope - all of this is me too. I have a lovely bed that cost a small fortune and I don't believe the magnet will work very well with it. Not really sure how to find out either. Maybe I need to call the company....

Hope, my diet has strayed a bit since x-mas. I have let eggs, cheese and coffee in. Coffee every day but not eggs and cheese. I know I have to tighten it up again. I wonder how bad the coffee is with H. pylori? My result was 5.7. I don't know where that falls in the grand scheme of things. So you and I really are on the same page with the gut as to first treating your own parasite and then the H Pylori. I see my doc on Wednesday so it will be interesting to see what she has me do. I'm just really glad I have her. No one else around here gets all of this.

16. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

Just a quick check in. Ct'd again the last 2 days and it has been TOUGH! Whine? Yes I am. It is like a sting on my skin and the ache in my arms is still happening for the first 15 min. I have to go slow with them. In and out of the water a few times before they can handle it. I really don't know what is different now from when I was doing it all the time last fall but this time it is harder and makes my skin more red. I am hoping this is a good thing but who knows.

Ordered more lipoic acid and am getting some d-ribose to try for the first time. I also ordered more neurob. to help the methylation to rid me of the metals. Knowing I made progress the first round tells me to keep doing what I'm doing.

My granddaughters LOVE kombucha. They drink it like soda! I am now making it for myself, my son, my granddaughters and hopefully my daughter. I will have to set up a shop for this pretty soon. My kitchen is one big vinegar trap LOL!

Ok, back to work. Lot's to do!

17. endless

endless New Member

I often leave my arms out when I CT, because I find it difficult to have them in. Usually I will feel ok with putting them in a bit later, but sometimes I don't. My lower arms are almost always out of the water. I know what you mean, I am finding it kinda tough these days as well!

18. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

I am hoping the fat on the back of the arms will leave eventually if I keep them in. I make sure I crouch down so that part is in even if I have to leave the forearms out for a bit. If I am going to suffer;), I might as well get all the bennies out of it that I can!

19. caroline

caroline Moderator

V ..... Have you noticed other body changes with CT? I wish my flabby middle would take a hike!

20. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

When I started last year, after about a month or 2 (I think), I did lose weight. But then my doc, at the time, put me on HC and I gained weight. I was a wreck this time last year. I don't recall tightening up like others do but now that some things are getting better I need to go at it hard and really see what comes of it.

Side note: I sure wish I could go to the beach every day like you do. I live a loooong way from the ocean and I am bummed about it. No moving at this point either.