1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Better late than never

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by vkiernan, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I dont........modern humans go inside where fake light and EMF reside.........it is why I go naked and cold in winter. I stopped seeing the declines you are seeing.........

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Winter is designed by nature to improve our electron flow.......modern life makes winter a positively charge season.........thoughts to ponder.

3. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

Had my geneticgenie consult for my 23andme results. Very interesting. Now to figure this all out and start dissecting it. With all my methy alleles, I might need to call in the big dogs to assist me with this. I might even send the results to my doc considering I am trying to get rid of metals and won't be able to if I don't methylate well. She told me tonight that I shouldn't be chelating with a messed up gut. Fix the gut, then fix the methyl problem. At least that was my take away and it makes sense. Always gut first. How else can anything work with a messed up gut. No good connection!

My methyl alleles are half yellow and red. To me, that is not a good sign. Maybe though, since I only have 1 allele for the combined famous 677 and 1298 it won't be so bad. I have a lot of homework to do now. I have to remember that having alleles isn't about having the problem but that I have the gene(s) to potentially create the problem. Looks like I have VDR taq allele too. Ok, off to look this stuff up.

4. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

Duly noted and no pondering needed. You have guided me thus far and I am finding answers. I do realize I could be doing better if I implemented a few more of your suggestions as well. I see what you are saying about the light box. Zorica, you have your answer without even experimenting. Just not a good idea no matter what. Like Jack says, in the winter or always if you are broken, keep it as dark and cold as possible.

You know Jack, I see where one of my problem lies now. I am a softy and don't want to burst someone's bubble out here on the forum; but, I get that sometimes you have to do that very thing cuz it is the right thing to do. I will work on that. I already do it outside of the forum and get a lot of strange/bad looks. I told a gal recently that she shouldn't eat carbs in the winter as nature doesn't provide them that time of year after she had told me that her trainer told her to eat pasta and potatoes in the winter. She said "Why did my trainer tell me that then." I couldn't believe my ears.

5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

If you get advice from a trainer you got big issues.........

Alex97232 likes this.
  6. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

You make a valid point but for those that have no clue and have not found you, what else are they to believe really? I understand where they are coming from as I once came from there too. But now I know better. A lot of what you teach, when you take the science out of it, should be common sense for all humans. Take modern life out of the equation and you have optimal. Who looks for this though? Absolutely no one. Even paleo, which is about as clean as one could get before you, is still a long way off. I think of the light cycle and important that is. No one looks for these things to get healthy. I share what I have learned from you as much as I can with people and tell them the website. I do have to work on my presentation. Sometimes I come across matter-of-factly and it is too harsh. Learning to go in the back door would probably get me further.

As for my friend, she is also planning her retitrement from a book by people who have predicted bad times. Hmmm, pretty scary!

Alex97232 likes this.
  7. endless

endless New Member

I pasted some info I found in my journal a few days back....should still be on the last page or two. It's not in depth but its a start!

8. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

Thanks much Krista. I need all the help I can get to understand this stuff. My hubby did agree after seeing all my yellow and red that I do need some assistance.

9. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

Time for an update since it has been awhile. Trying to not be in the "emf" zone so much which means less out here plus I don't have internet until dh comes home at night which is usually my bedtime. This has actually been a blessing in disguise for me as it will help me clean up my life around me. I have also been better about wearing my sunglasses at night. My sleep the last 2 nights has been a lot better and I have been able to sleep longer. I have also forgotten to take my last dose of t3 in the afternoon the last 2 days. Wonder if that has something to do with my better sleep. I am going to roll with it and see what comes of it.

My gut is "working" again. I had a bad weekend of gut issues a week ago and after that things started changing. It was almost like a detox thing - flush it all out or something. And, unbeknownst to be, it was pms week. Didn't realize it until after I had a blowup with dh and then when I finally came to my senses it became apparent. He also stopped smoking, which I am still in awe/shock of, and of course he was cranky from that. I told him next time he was going to make a like changing event to please ask me where I was in my cycle so I would know if I could support him or not. LOL! I hadn't a clue about this and he didn't tell me until he was already a couple of days in. He is doing great so far and I am extremely proud of him!!!!

I felt pretty good yesterday and today as well. I have one more week of chelation therapy and then we will see where things go. Doing my gi effects test tomorrow and the heavy metals next Sunday. Then it's off to the good doc to see where I fare. Pretty excited cuz I can tell at least my gut is better. Also seems like my skin is not nearly as dry as it was just a few weeks back.

The sun is coming up earlier and staying later. This makes me really happy. I am getting up just before it comes up and when I go home in the evening it is still light out. I like it that way.

Something has changed for the better with my focus at work. I am getting things done and have been for the last several weeks. I don't seem to dawdle as much trying to figure things out and my projects are coming together great. I have pushed the progesterone now for almost 2 months. Finally backing off of it this cycle for the 1st half and will monitor, of course, and send in the big guns if I need them.

Looking to get some D-ribose along with more coq10. Also still doing the detox baths and I wonder if that was part of last weekend. That sure was weird.

I have to get my butt into the cold water. Our house and work is always cold but I know that is not enough. I started CT'ing last February so I know I can do it again. I just have to "do it!"

10. PaulaRichards

PaulaRichards New Member

Vickie, you sounds great. Seriously! It sounds like something major has happened or is happening. That has to be so exciting. You really deserve it, you have been working at it for quite some time and working hard! I'm happy for you.

11. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

Thanks Paula for always supporting me and being there when I needed a lift. You are a real sweetheart!

Jack told me to just keep going and it is non-linear. I heed those words. Even when I screw up, I get back on the horse and keep riding. I don't let failures set me back anymore. No point in whining about them either, too much stress.

Off subject, but I was just talking with my hubby about all of this emf stuff and I believe I have him on board to help me figure out how to minimize the emf's around. He is a computer guy so he can really help with this. I have a wireless access point right outside my office at work that he probably installed (they do our computer work) so I am going to see what can be done about it. I'm sure they can move it. Now to get my boss on board!!! This sort of stuff really excites me. All the little things one can do to help themselves. I am a whole lot more aware and am always looking and thinking about emfs.

12. Lyndra

Lyndra Gold

I'm so glad to hear you're doing well and your DH is quitting tobacco. That is such a huge step and shows real commitment to his health. I know all too well how progress isn't linear. Good on you for continuing on the forward path and trusting that things will improve. I'm very curious about the connection of T3 with your sleep. It could be that your thyroid is ramping back up - promising news at least. I tapered off Armour because I was getting hyper and hot flashing day and night. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

13. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

Hi Lyndra. Thanks for your kind words. You were able to back off thyroid meds? What do you think made the difference? Can you tell me more??? I would not have guessed that in myself but will know more today at work when/if I get tired. That is usually how I remember to take it in the first place. I start yawning and just get pretty fatigued and then I take it am good to go shortly.

I had another thought on the t3 and sleeping. Although, I followed the same path last night with only a 2nd dose of t3 and slept fairly well, another thing I realized is that I haven't been on my laptop the last couple of evenings. I had, however, been watching tv which I rarely do, but I also have been wearing sunglasses and I didn't have the mifi on so less emf's there too. My dh thinks our tv gives off fewer emf's than my laptop. Maybe this is why sleep is a little better. What is interesting as well is, my gut is actually working on it's own. May not be perfect yet but when I stop and think back how sometimes I would go 2 weeks before having a bm, my god, those were not good days. Now I pretty much go every day and cannot believe it. Sorry about the tmi but this huge in my journey and has been life-long. I think I have to go back and read some more blogs to figure out how this (sleep and gut) is tied. I know there is a connection and have probably read it but can't remember it.

Just wanted to note too that yesterday I did another detox bath (even got the dh to go with me) and I felt for the first time something like a caffeine rush. I cleaned the house and was pretty tired but I didn't get that fall asleep issue within a couple of hours. I even made it until about 8:30 before crashing. Maybe I didn't get tired so soon cuz I was too busy cleaning. Who knows, but the rush was interesting. Ok, off to work. Busy, busy week.

14. Lyndra

Lyndra Gold

I think it was time that made the difference. I started on a low dose of Armour last June, then doubled it in August. I visited my doctor in November and just by looking at me thought I was hyper. When I told her about my symptoms - unexpected 5 pound weight loss, feeling hot all the time, racing heart & palpitations, and even worse sleep, she said I had too much thyroid hormone. We cut the dose in half and ran a thyroid panel. My FT3 was still on the low side but FT3/RT3 ratio had gone up to 22 (from 10). I stayed on the half dose until early this year when the racing heart & palpitations and constant feeling of being hot came back and I stopped it altogether. My energy is not as good as it was back in December but my heart rate is back to normal and sleep is improving (but I still need get rid of the hot flashes). I don't know if there are any lessons in this for you. I think I may need to try T3-only but will need a different formulation than I used initially last summer because it gave me headaches.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2013
  15. Lyndra

Lyndra Gold

16. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

CT-6 proof right there..........

17. caroline

caroline Moderator

It sounds like everything is coming together for you - so happy for you!

18. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

Got a problem. Think I still have vibrio which can come from eating undercooked seafood. I don't eat it that way though but maybe my gut wasn't good enough to handle it no matter what. I am getting the same diarrhea pattern as I had before. Once a week, plus or minus a few days either way. I initially thought it was some detox thing from the dmsa and detox baths but now I am seriously wondering if I didn't get rid of it in the first place. If I have to rely on my gi effects test to tell me if I have it or not, that will be a month out. I do not want this stuff for another month. Uggghhh!

This is becoming a joke, everytime I "think" I am making forward progress and NOTE it out here specifically, it all goes to hell. Of course, I am not sure yet but yesterday was the third episode in the last few weeks. Really has me thinking....

19. ashryn

ashryn New Member

Too much mag? My tolerance changes depending on whAt else is going on, could it be that simple?

20. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

Hi Ashryn, You brought up a good point which I hadn't thought about which is the mag from my epsom salt baths. I haven't supped much lately with it so I knew it wasn't that but perhaps the absorption thru the skin?

Just a quick check-in. Sent off my heavy metals test yesterday and my gi effects test today. See the doc in 3 weeks. Not much else new and doing ok. Really trying hard to understand the blogs but sincerely love them anyway. I get the jist and think daily on how to clean up my life from all the emf stuff.

Have a lot to catch up on for reading but I'm ok with only reading the blogs for now. We went North again last weekend to sled and I think the 200 mile trip on Sunday got the better of me. Too many miles for me at this point in time. I am still tired and it is Wednesday. Got to fix my helmut though too as I think that is part of my problem. Too much wind in the eyes!

Haven't ct'd in a while but it is now on my list of must do's. I really need to step up my game and that is my goal. Might be able to go to CA for a week and soak up the sun and ocean. I am really really hoping DH says ok. Even thinking on tanning just a bit now. I know my D and DHEA levels are great so I should be good to go.

Still not sure if I still have vibrio or not. Had a small attack and it could be from mag citrate. Not sure yet. Got to wait for the gi test to come back.

Jack, Once again, thanks so much for sharing all of this with us. You will always be my hero!