1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Better late than never

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by vkiernan, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Charlotte

Charlotte New Member

c.adler@colostrum.de

2. jib

jib New Member

JIB, this message was for you. Still waiting for Charlotte's.

Thanks so much V, let me get it all together.

3. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

Been a few days since I last posted. Only new thing is I am going to be done with the antibiotic end of tomorrow and then I will start the DMSA. Stomach has been messed up since the Alinia and Amox. Mag citrate to the rescue. Had a lot of nausea which I thought was the amox. but now I believe it was the Alinia. Prety much gone now. Hard to find something to eat that I actually want to eat. Nothing sounds good. Pretty much forcing the issue even though I am hungry. Got to be the meds. Wonder how I will feel when I start chelating. I also wonder if my inflammation was up due to the Vibrio. I would think that could cause it. Might ask Jack tonight if I get the opportunity. I also have to go back and see when I started the oxbile. It seems to be working now where it hadn't for a while. Again, got to be due to that damn Vibrio. What a bump in the road! Oh well, on my way now to better things. Maybe my dry skin will get better now too. Got to believe better things will come my way now that I'm "cleaning" up the inside.[​IMG]

I need to read on the DMSA chelation therapy. I expect to be a little more-than-normal wiped out due to it. We are doing 3 days on and 4 days off so I can recuperate a little. Got to be patient like Jack tells me. Not my virtue but working on it.

Thanks Jack for the very generous offer you are giving us tonight!

4. freshveggies

freshveggies Silver

I Vikernan, I did DMSA for 2 1/2 years and it did not do the trick. It didn't really wipe me out, but I believe it contributed greatly to my decline since I have a CBS gene and can't get rid of sulfur properly and DMSA is a sulfur drug. Hopefully you do not have a CBS or have yours working. Sounds like the nausea would be from the antibiotics. I seem to react to oxbile ---glad that you are getting improvements with it.

5. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

Thanks for sharing. I've been worried inside that it might not work since you have shared something about this before. I am trying to keep optimistic though. Still waiting for my 23andme results to give me a clue. I will be retesting in 6 weeks so hopefully that will tell the story too. Maybe you can help me with this, Jack told me in my consult that I might be a slow methylator even if I don't have the mthfr gene and to consider methyl b12 and folate. Is this all I need to rid me of them then? No DMSA? Or? That at least was my take away. But, I was hoping the DMSA would assist with to rid me of them.

How often did you test? What were the results? Why did you continue so long? Have you cleared them yet and how?

6. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

Time to check in as it has been awhile. Started the DMSA Sat. night. 3 days on and 4 days off. So far the only thing I've noticed is stinky pee that smells like the DMSA. I wonder if there is a way to know if you are actually releasing metals other than by the test itself? Is there something that happens that might give a clue. Switched partially over to Cytomel and should be stopping compounding today. Still taking 25 of the t4. Also, been doing the Colostrum, probiotics, paleo fiber and, methylated b vitamins which are all new to my regime. No more big D which means it was from the damn vibrio. But, now I can concentrate on healing the gut and testing is part of the equation so I know where I am at.

Ok, so can't wait until Jan. 24th for the EMF2. Jack is so excited and I love it when he gets like this; a little kid at xmas![​IMG] I am actually excited too. What I am realizing is, we have completely screwed ourselves up with our lifestyle. Seems like everything modern man does is against his bodies own grand plan and we need to do everything in reverse. I have to figure out what about the Epsom/hydrogen baths is making me sleepy. My first guess is the load of magnesium I have in me. And what abut the oxygen effect? Some people get energized. Am I not getting energized yet because I have some more things to fix? I really want to understand this. Don't know if I will yet being a non-geek. Although, I do really love to hear about the scientific background whether I understand it not.

I have a very busy week at work, period and quarter end which means I have a lot of inventories to value, ect. We are also leaving for snow country this Thursday. Will be working my tail off again!

7. freshveggies

freshveggies Silver

Hi Vickie, I thought I would post this here since I new you were using DMSA and trying to detox metals. http://magneticosleep.com/about-magnetism/detoxification

8. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

Thank you so much for giving me this link. Very interesting stuff. Have you cleared your metals yet?

9. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

metals all of a sudden is not that big a deal Vickie.......

10. freshveggies

freshveggies Silver

Vickie, I did 2 1/1 years of DMSA. I believe it was 3 days a weeks. Never cleared them. To much wrong with me to get them out. I was not methylating because I am low on electrons. Now I can see the picture that Dr. Kruse is painting for us. SO much more to learn.

11. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

I read your question and was thrilled with his answer. Just knowing one can do more naturally than relying on drugs, etc. is a great feeling.

Big question if you feel like answering it, which pad did you choose? I asked my dh this am if I could have 3g's and he sure gave me a stare![​IMG] I will be working on that. Maybe not the elite but I would like one of them. Not sure though if the cheapest is a complete waste of money or will it do something???

12. freshveggies

freshveggies Silver

I am in dire need so I ordered the super ---we have a king so it is $3,600. It is in 4 pieces 2 per side so if we need to be apart, I can take my half, which weighs a ton. This is my hope for healing. Plus epi-paleo

13. tg1

tg1 New Member

vkiernan,
    thank you for documenting all you are going through for us. I am learning alot from your experience. I was wondering what test did your doctor order and from what lab to find your parasites? I suspect I have something because my intestinal symptoms are very cyclical 10-11 days cycle. I went to my doctor and she ordered some basic stool test from labcorp and it came back all negative. I wondered if there are any other more comprehensive tests that I can ask for.

14. Martin

Martin Gold

Hi V, just wanted to give you some more food for thought on the mag baths. I've been testing my sulfate urine levels and it suggested that I may have a snip that alters the something in the methylation cycle. Part of the therapy is to avoid sulphur-containing substances - like epsom salts (MG Sulphate). I took them often! I don't suggest that you have the snips, but this is merely info when you get your 23andme back and start digging in. Hope it comes soon!

15. Martin

Martin Gold

Good for you, freshveggies! Way to move ahead. Keep at it, you will get there.

16. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

Ok Jack, now I need to figure that response out. I'm thinking you are meaning grounding and emf are the true biggies to optimal health. That came thru loud and clear in your blog. I am working on figuring out how to implement these things. Thanks to FV, it sounds like the mag mat will help remove them.

17. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

I had the metametric stool test done. They have joined forces with the other lab company but darned if I can remember the name right now. I will post when I remember. They have several of them and then 1 that encompasses the whole gut which I found to be very helpful. Can't fix what you don't know. Someone mentioned on another thread that you can get this text by yourself now instead of having a practitioner get it for you. It is expensive but really has shown me how bad or good things are. I will be doing another one in a couple of weeks to see if I got rid of the parasite, vibrio (pretty sure it's gone) and to see how the gut is functioning in terms of good and bad bacteria.

18. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

Hi H. I still have not seen any results. Do they send you an e-mail or do you have to keep checking their website? They sent me the intial e-mail telling me that have received it and somewhere I also read that it will be about 6 weeks before I get the results. Can't wait.

19. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

Another thought, I have had the parasite for a long time and never knew it. But, the vibrio (bad bacteria in the cholera family) is what got me. I was having the big D once or twice a week and it smelled awful and would just gush out of me. I "never" thought it was something bad. Clearly, by my posts, I though it was from eating epi-paleo. You get it from undercooked seafood from what I've read. If I can figure out a way to post my results I will so I can show you what the test looks like and what some of it means.

20. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

Ok, since I haven't posted about what is happening lately, guess it's time. Been so busy with work and a mini sledding trip that I haven't had time. This whole week my stomach has been acting up and I don't know what from. A couple of things: no hunger or getting full really fast (just can't and don't want to eat more (I am never like this)), gurgles are back full force. Hmmm, they went away with the vibrio. K, now that they're back I'm hoping that is good. Back to taking a mag citrate before bed. Still doing the colostrum, paleo fiber and probiotics. I am also feeling more energetic in the afternoons and still more motivated at work. Something seems to be working for right now. Can only hope it continues. Been using a little melatonin since sleep isn't so good and I'm working on that too and won't be taking it for too long. It does help but I need to take 5 mg to really do the trick. I figure if you don't release melatonin and nothing else happens like it should, then I am not healing and that might be worse. All in context!

We went on a long ride (over 100 miles) Friday and I was sore Saturday. We also went on a long ride Saturday that we had planned (about 140 miles). Strange thing is, I took 5 mg melatonin before crashing at midnight on Saturday night when we returned home and I did not get sore. Saturday's ride was the ride from hell. The trails had seen a lot of traffic and no groomers. Every mile was a long one and very taxing on the whole body. I am wondering if by taking enough melatonin that I actually was able to allow my body to heal itself enough to make me not get sore. I swear I should not have been able to walk. Had to stand a lot of the miles too cuz the dips were horrendous.

My goal is to figure how to ground myself at work. I have a wireless internet router right outside my office door and now I believe that is a bad thing. Also wondering how bad my 2 monitors are for me. DH is realizing his sleep is crap and that he really doesn't have any energy. I am hoping he will be on board to really consider the 20 g mat for the bed. He says he is going to read the emf2 blog. Something needs to change in his life. Can't keep doing the same thing and expect good results to come of it.

Alex97232 likes this.