1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Best way to take progesterone?

Discussion in 'Feedback/Suggestions' started by round2, Jul 3, 2018.

1. round2

round2 New Member

Hi, everyone! I am so glad to finally be posting on this site. I haven't had time to post bio yet, but suffice to say I am very pleased with the changes in my mood, sleep, and well being since implementing the Leptin Reset, the Epipaleo diet, Uvex glasses post sunset and on compuuter, daily CT, and daily AM and other sun/grounding.

I ask this in order to get back with my MD on what type of progesterone to go with (she will go with my preference).
    Oral Prometrium or a cream derived from wild yam. From what I've read on the forums, I predict that you all will tell me Prometrium is best, due to wild yam not being the real deal. So then, I would like to know if taking it sublingually is best. I am looking to relieve symptoms of decreased short term memory, heightened stress response, and some remaining inability to stay asleep longer than 6 hours at times, especially mid cycle. BTW, I am 51 yo, perimenopausal. Thanks so much for any input!!

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

same way you make it.....vag or rectum so it goes through pelvic venous system

3. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Better reason to take progesterone would be
    if you tested and found that it is low.

Even better would be to test
    estrogens and progesterone.

DUTCHtest.com
    is a good place to figure it out.
    =============================

decreased short term memory=========>>>>>DDW
    and
    testing using
    CignatureHealth.com
    https://cignaturehealth.com/

upload_2018-7-3_19-55-12.png

4. Dennis Clark

Dennis Clark Dr. Dennis Clark

Hi, round2...I am very glad to encounter new folks on the forum, like you, who are having success with the Epi-PaleoRx approach to life. The reason that I am writing this note is to confirm your comment that wild yams are not the 'real deal'. Let me add that claims for the effectiveness of wild yam cream are based on the fact that wild yams contain a precursor of steroid hormones called diosgenin. However, diosgenin itself has no hormonal activity and can’t be converted in the human body into anything that does.

Sheddie likes this.
  5. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Will use of above product increase progesterone level on follow up test?

@Dennis Clark

6. round2

round2 New Member

Thanks for all the great replies, everyone. My labs, drawn day 18 of cycle (luteal phase), were: progesterone 4.7 ng/ml (normal luteal range here is 2.6-21.5); and estradiol 94 pg/ml (normal range here is 56-214 approx.). So, I am in the low end of normal for both. I get 50 for the Pg:E2 ratio, not anything near the 100-500 goal, so it seems my progesterone level needs to more than double, if keeping E2 the same. I will ask my doctor for the Prometrium.
    Does anyone have advice on the best way to take this as Jack says above? Is it advisable to take the micronized powder (from capsule), mix it with olive oil, and inject; to apply the powder alone; or is a suppository necessary? multiple online sites say it is "sparingly soluble in vegetable oil." thanks for any advice on this!

7. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Pg:E2 ratio, not anything near the 100-500 goal

Look up your estrogen ranges (56-214)pg/mL (likely blood was tested)
    and
    within the sample report (1.3-3.3)pg/mL

They are different, blood vs saliva.
    =====================
    Be careful about that ratio.
    As far as I can tel it applies only to saliva testing.
    And the testing laboratory will figure that ratio for you.

https://www.amazon.com/TestCountry-ZRT-Laboratory/b/ref=bl_dp_s_web_11790583011?ie=UTF8&node=11790583011&field-lbr_brands_browse-bin=TestCountry/ZRT+Laboratory

https://www.amazon.com/ZRT-Estrogen...0&sr=8-8&keywords=zrt+saliva+hormone+test+kit

ZRT Estrogen Dominance Saliva Home Test Kit (E2 & Pg)

upload_2018-7-5_17-23-59.png

-------------------
    https://livewelltesting.com/zrt-1-panel-progesterone-pg-hormone-imbalance-saliva-test-kit/

////////////

Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
  8. round2

round2 New Member

ohhh, thank you JanSz. I will go over hormone blogs, podcasts to see if this ratio is only for saliva testing and not serum (which my test was). Thanks for your feedback!

9. JanSz

JanSz Gold

When you find that distinction made in the blogs,
    point me to it, please.

///