1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Best water suppliers in US?

Discussion in 'Biohacking 101' started by PJP71, Sep 2, 2018.

1. PJP71

PJP71 Silver

I want to start getting the 5 gallon containers. I have looked at a few suppliers that all seem to offer Spring, Purified, Distilled, etc. The Purified on Crystal springs for example says it is made through reverse osmosis but the Spring does not say that. Trying figure out what is best? I also want to make sure that the containers are BPA free. Has anyone found a supplier that has all of this???

Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
  2. PJP71

PJP71 Silver

Anyone....anyone?......Bueller....?

3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Nature is.

4. PJP71

PJP71 Silver

Of course! I guess I was hoping to get feedback from others that don't have spring water readily available, that also use one of the several suppliers.
    Such as:
    Zephyrhills
    Primo
    Earth Fare's RO
    Crystal Springs
    Etc.

5. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

I'm sorry, I don't know what are the names of the ones where we fill up our jugs at the store... but Primo sounds familiar to me. All we've worried about all these years is that it is RO ~ which means no fluoride.

PJP71 likes this.
  6. ElectricUniverse

ElectricUniverse New Member

I have an RO unit, and the manufacturer admits that osmosis membrane does not remove that pesky fluoride. I had to add a special filter to unit to remove fluoride, and even then it is not rated for 100% fluoride removal: more like ~ 99%. If you are financially capable you would be advised to buy top shelf expensive equipment that will remove 100% fluoride and other very hard to remove toxins.

If you have well water at your property it can be a blessing or dicey, depending. If your well draws deep from pure ground water you should be good to go unless there are excessive natural contaminants like minerals and sulfates, etc.

But unfortunately not all well water is pure and safe. There can be pesticides and other pollutants in it, and there is a real concern in fracking areas of fracking chemicals in water. You need to have your well water tested regularly.

But even if you have the purest of water if it is in your household plumbing before it comes out of the faucet it will be devitalized by confinement in twisting pipes.

For those of us (and that regrettably is almost all of us) without direct access to pure spring water finding healthy drinking water is indeed a dilemma.

PJP71 likes this.
  7. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

Nope ~ not at all. But thank you.

Jack has said that RO is good ~ and if it's good enough for him, it's good enough for me.

One of the top things on my list when the funds are available someday is to take my family and go to Mexico. I guess we'll all be taking that 1% of fluoride along with us. :)

8. Michael CULLEN

Michael CULLEN New Member

Dr Cheney's testing with 3D echo showed Iceland Spring increased cardiac output better than any other water. This means it supported redox best. Fiji was next.

PJP71 likes this.
  9. PJP71

PJP71 Silver

I found that most of the suppliers offer spring, purified and distilled water.

Is there an advantage to using the purified (which is RO) instead of spring water that does not have any fluoride?

10. Ted

Ted New Member

I think that Mountain Valley spring water in glass bottles is your best choice. I have 5 gallon containers delivered to my home.

PJP71 likes this.
  11. ElectricUniverse

ElectricUniverse New Member

High quality bottled water like Mountain Valley is an excellent choice.

However, as a frugal belt and suspenders character I won't rely on bottled sources because of potential supply disruptions in our fragile economy, or prices escalating because of energy/transportation costs.

As a note of interest, there is a website map that lists springs sites across USA: findaspring.com

Detailed information on this site is sparse about spring locations and accessibility to public. Nonetheless, it is a starting point.

PJP71 likes this.
  12. BerkO

BerkO New Member

Is the Aquatru a good option? Are there better choices?