1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Best tests or test for Gluten Sensitivity/Celiac

Discussion in 'Optimal Labs' started by Beverly, Jul 26, 2013.

1. Beverly

Beverly New Member

[/QUOTE]I have taken both tests. My blood test showed a tiny amount of antibodies, well within range, while my fecal test showed that there was a very large amount of antibodies patrolling my gut, though I had rarely eaten wheat for a couple years, and my last bite of wheat had been 4-5 months earlier.[/QUOTE]

First thank you for the explanation. That's very interesting. I had the tissue transglutiminase blood test done a few months back without knowing that I needed to be eating gluten for at least a month for accurate results. Which I hadn't. So that test came back

Tissue Transglutaminase Ab IgA <5 ref <20 Units

Makes me wonder what it would have been had I been eating gluten. I am going to look into the stool test while I am doing my gluten challenge. I am glad you found that you had/have gluten issues.

2. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Oh, it was obvious that I had gluten issues. As soon as I started slowing down on wheat, I had big health improvements. I only took the tests so that I could show the results to my family, hoping that they would reconsider eating wheat.

3. Beverly

Beverly New Member

Dr K,

I see I need my dr to requisition that for me. I am going in to see my dr tomorrow actually so will ask for that. Based on my lab work that I put online are there any other tests you would suggest that I should have done?

4. CTforlife

CTforlife New Member

You want your family to consume grains??

5. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Haha, that was a bit ambiguous of me. No, I wanted my family to reconsider their desire to eat wheat.