1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

best sleep EVER!

Discussion in 'The New Monster Thread' started by Shijin13, Mar 8, 2013.

1. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

What does he mean, Kathylu? ;-)

Good thing I bought all that vitamin B3 to help with the iodine supplementation. I haven't been taking it lately, and it's just been sitting around...

2. caroline

caroline Moderator

We need a translation please Kathy..............

3. Jonathin

Jonathin Gold Member

I have found these pdf graphics helpful to see some of the relationships that Jack talks about. You probably need to zoom in significantly to see particulars more clearly. For me what Jack has stated in the last post represents several hours of fun to try to understand more deeply the details of metabolism and why details are important especially if you want to go beyond just 'feeling good'.

http://www.sigmaaldrich.com/content...ral_Information/metabolic_pathways_poster.pdf
    http://www.sigmaaldrich.com/content...Sigma/General_Information/2/ee_minimap_21.pdf
    http://www.sigmaaldrich.com/content...Sigma/General_Information/2/ee_minimap_22.pdf
    http://www.sigmaaldrich.com/life-science/metabolomics/learning-center/metabolic-pathways.html

4. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Holy crap Jonathin! I looked at the first link...
    I think I'll stay with Dr. K's explanation!!

I think I need some sun water to calm down, uncross my eyes...
    ;-)

Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
  5. curves64

curves64 Silver

Jonathin, thanks for sharing these. I'm not sure if it will help, but I'm inspired to take chemistry 101 at the local community college in the fall lol.

6. SeaHorse

SeaHorse Gold

The first poster just made me laugh as it loaded, but I think the other two will be helpful to have while rereading the blogs....Thank for providing the links!

7. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

so If I understand this stuff (biochemist I'm not). but NAD+/NADH when elevated and you have a faulty cytrochorme 1 means that your increased leakiness (regardless of reason for said leakiness) = greater mis-regulation of cellular signaling and directly impacts longevity and can stop cellular death (apoptosis).

however, NADP+/NADPH is the sweet spot for PPP; assuming you are in ketosis, have sufficient Pg and leverage the cold. This is system where autophage works its magic - and why you can reach a zero entropy state. niacin is another way to trick the body into accessing the PPP, however you've got to be aware that if you have a faulty cytochrome 1 (PCOS, Diabetes, Leptin resistance etc) it won't convert to NADP+, but NAD+ instead, which is why its better to get into the PPP leveraging ketosis, Pg and the cold.

8. caroline

caroline Moderator

Yoda strikes again - thanks Gretch!

9. freesia

freesia Old Member

Obviously a ketogenic diet has much, much more to offer than ketones. - I think this may have been what Elizabeth Thiele was suggesting too. - That the benefits of a ketogenic diet extend way beyond epilepsy.

Thanks for the glimpse into where you're going next Dr K.

I find this article interesting too:
    Nicotinamide, NAD(P)(H), and Methyl-Group Homeostasis Evolved and Became a Determinant of Ageing Diseases: Hypotheses and Lessons from Pellagra
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3318212/

:) And this one: Mitochondrial complex I activity and NAD+/NADH balance regulate breast cancer progression
    http://www.jci.org/articles/view/64264

Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
  10. This is too funny!!! I opened the link, flipped to another tab while that one was loading and came back a few moments later and had to pop my eyes back into my head. Yah, like I can understand THAT! I really do try to "get" the sciencey stuff and sometimes I do (especially when I read Gretchen's posts) but geeze that took me to a whole new level of non-understanding.

11. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Bingo.....

12. kathylu

kathylu Gold

Hi Jack. I had to read this a few times to understand where you were going with your comment. I think you may have misinterpreted my intent. When I said "I think we often make things more complicated than they need to be", it was not a criticism of your logic, methods or intent. I do not feel "tortured" by the biochemistry...in fact, I love the complexity. It's just that I am always looking for a way to make things actionable. So, I have to ask myself if it is necessary for everyone to be able to know that the FADH2 production path in the Krebs cycle leads to more ROS and leakiness at cytochrome 1 and the hexose monophosphate shunt-PPP leads to the "magic" of the reductive path, more NADH which gives us higher glutathione levels and all the cellular benefits that brings? Maybe it is enough for most people to have a basic understanding of why ketotic, high fat diets can be corrective for a wide variety of conditions. That it can essentially "cure" type 2 diabetes, prevent cancer, slow or maybe even eliminate neurodegenerative disorders. I also love the connections you are drawing to quantum biology and the coherence of water, quantum tunneling and mis-folded proteins. But again, it always leads me to ask "What do I do now?", which if you think about it is the type of question I have always asked you in consults.

So, I guess I think the magic of being able to bring this critical knowledge to the largest numbers of people lies in simplifying and providing actionable techniques, not in the exploration of intricacies (no matter how much fun that is for geeky people like me). This is such a touchy opinion to express because I do not want to offend anyone, least of all, you. It's a laudable goal for the people who find these subjects fascinating (as I do), to work on acquiring the knowledge needed to grapple with the theoretical millieu, but I think most of us are simply crying out "What do I do now? How do I save myself, my family, my friends? How can I explain this to them in a way they will understand?"
    Please understand, I am not asking you to "dumb down" anything you have been writing about. I personally like that you expect us to get with and stay with the program. I just feel that putting as much emphasis on the practical as on the theoretical can be helpful. Thus the genesis of my "reductive" statement!

13. kathylu

kathylu Gold

I think Gretchen's synopsis is perfect. Using Jack's ideas about cold, ketosis and increased Pg to compensate for crappy mitochondrial function (increased leakiness at cytochrome 1) is a great strategy. Couple that with decreasing and mitigating exposure to emf and maybe we can protect ourselves from some of the environmental and toxic onslaught of modern life.

14. ruby

ruby New Member

15. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

I like the quantum explanations, it gives me a challenge to try to understand. It also allows me to respect water more. I no longer chug it down with little thought. Now I care for it, making sure it is cold and away from excessive EMF, and exposed to sunlight sometimes. I value it like never before.

I was teasing when I asked for a translation. When Jack says something confusing, it just means I have to read it again a few times. I need to reach for comprehension. But I really like Kathylu's point of view, and Gretchen's. They help me understand.

16. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

so the more I think about this and PPP - I realize that I must be entering into to it on a more regular basis of recent? WHY? SLEEP has been my MOJO of recent - I'm so much about sleep - that it doesn't matter when I eat dinner - but within 45min of eating I'm falling asleep. could it be the HIGH PROTEIN 0 CARB dinner I'm eating. I'm falling asleep with the kids - waking up around 11pm, going right back to sleep and having the most amazing dreams, I'm waking up refreshed, I'm also not wanting to drink coffee either - What's with that? today I woke up 5mins before my alarm was supposed to go off.... just like that BAM! I'm awake... not hitting snooze, just rolling out of bed - ready to rock and roll.

not sure if its the magnetico sleep pad, the PPP or the combination of both -one things for sure is I'm loving the sleep - hoping it stays that way - as I move into the last portion of my cycle... come on sleep. One things for sure - grounding is playing a big part in this... I also need to get my butt back in the CT Tank on a more regular basis...

17. Jonathin

Jonathin Gold Member

kathylu

I think it is a real quandary regarding knowledge vs. action. It seems that action without knowledge eventually leads to a breakdown. If you don't know why you are doing something then you eventually will stop doing it or it mutates to being something different. After all the reason that we've all gone off into the ditch during out lives is because we were not really fully aware of our sense of well being and we did not have good intellectual knowledge to help get us on the right track. It was not necessarily because there were not caring people around us just that they were clueless about real health. On the other hand I think that people can start with some action plan but that needs to be followed up at some point with facts, context and explanations. I think we all have the impulse to help those around us but it becomes a problem if we don't approach it correctly.

18. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

people will always try to find a way around what they must do until the get sick and tired of being sick and tired.

19. HoneyChild

HoneyChild Gold

This is the post Jack was talking about in the Q&A?

PaulG likes this.
  20. Hope

Hope Gold

Gretchen that is AWESOME! I am sure it's all of the above that is helping you sleep!!!!! Woohoo!! All your hard work is paying off.

And good luck on the sleep in the luteal phase. Have you noticed your cycle getting more in tune with the moon as you ground more etc? it is happening to me.

May I ask...what carbs do you eat now, during the day?