1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

best sleep EVER!

Discussion in 'The New Monster Thread' started by Shijin13, Mar 8, 2013.

1. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

So Last night I had the best sleep ever! OMG! read stories, nursed Havoc, brushed everyone's teeth - laid down w/the kids... 900pm... by 915 I WAS OUT! I woke up around 11pm, got up brushed my teeth, popped in my OSA Sleep device, and applied my Pg BHRT crawled into our bed by 1115 and was out in under 10mins. when I woke up - to my alarm - it was like amazing how I felt. WOW is all I can say. I did some serious grounding yesterday - on the way to work, at lunch, on the way home, and playing with the kids and the dog in the back yard.

going to try to do the same thing today... and get in the CT Tank as well..

What I can't figure out is if the good sleeping is a combination of several things or just one thing. We've been using the magnetico sleep pad for almost a month, and I've been focusing on grounding for almost an entire month. I'm not to the point that this is an every night occurrence but its happening more often than not.

2. Inger

Inger Silver

So cool Gretchen....! Amazing! I am starting to feel a difference too!!! Weird I think one needs to do the grounding and heavy water think some days before you start to notice a difference.. and then it can go up and down too.. (healing is not linear as Jack says) but I can tell 100% something good is happening! I use my earthing strap as much as I can too.. and I can tell a difference also about how my hands look, they have not gotten swollen even if I have cheated with lots of organic butter (running out of my raw grassfed beef fat and butter) and raw eggs from our own duck (eat grains too in winter) that usually are not good for me. I need to stop using them because they still are not good for me, but I am quite amazed the earthing works in lowering inflammation it seems!

I actually have the same pronblem figuring what really helped because I do so many things but hey, any progress is good so we just need to keep doing what we do! Maybe it is a summary of all, who knows! :)

3. SeaHorse

SeaHorse Gold

That sounds so great. I was going to ask you how your sleeping was with the pad, but clearly you are doing so many things that it's hard to tease out the specifics. I'm getting ready to order for all the beds here. Good sleep is just the best isn't it!

4. Hope

Hope Gold

Awesome......I am sure it's everything mixed together :)

How do you ground on the way to work?

5. SeaHorse

SeaHorse Gold

I've been noticing this too Inger...way less swelling in my hands in the morning since I've been grounding.

6. curves64

curves64 Silver

OMG, me too!! For the last two nights I have had the most AMAZING sleep. i woke up feeling incredibly refreshed. Not only do I sleep amazingly well and wake up refreshed, but I'm super clearer headed and focused all day. I've been trying to figure it out. I've been grounding at the ocean for over two months so I don't think it's that. I'm turning off wi-fi and electronics little by little but I don't think it's that. I don't have any grounding device at home and live on the second floor of an apartment building so it can't be that. I thought it might be the water but my BF had the same experience this morning. I'm puzzled but loving it!

7. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

maybe we're getting into the PPP????

8. curves64

curves64 Silver

Maybe like women who live together get their periods together, we're all getting into the PPP at the same time!! LOVE IT!

9. Hope

Hope Gold

Curves, wouldn't it be possible that all the grounding is working its way through your body, detoxing EMF, recreating the right pathways like Gretchen said etc.....I just got off the phone with the sleep pad folks and they said even sleeping on the pad - you might not feel the difference right away....etc.

Thank you both for the inspiration......so so great to hear this

10. curves64

curves64 Silver

Yes Hope. You might be totally right. It's hard to identify one variable at this point. 11 months ago I could barely get out of bed in the morning I was so steeped in adrenal fatigue and depression. Today, I am clear-headed, focused, and alive with energy. All this change is thanks to Dr. K's prescriptions. I may not know why exactly but I'm okay with that cause I feel so damn good!!! LOL

11. Jonathin

Jonathin Gold Member

It seems that the PPP does more than make ribose and reduce glutathione. Maybe increased endogenous hormones are kicking in.

"Enzymes that function primarily in the reductive direction utilize the NADP+/NADPH cofactor pair as co-factors
    as opposed to oxidative enzymes that utilize the NAD+/NADH cofactor pair. The reactions of fatty acid
    biosynthesis and steroid biosynthesis utilize large amounts of NADPH. As a consequence, cells of the liver,
    adipose tissue, adrenal cortex, testis and lactating mammary gland have high levels of the PPP enzymes. In fact
    30% of the oxidation of glucose in the liver occurs via the PPP. Additionally, erythrocytes utilize the reactions of the
    PPP to generate large amounts of NADPH used in the reduction of glutathione (see below). The conversion of
    ribonucleotides to deoxyribonucleotides (through the action of ribonucleotide reductase) requires NADPH as the
    electron source, therefore, any rapidly proliferating cell needs large quantities of NADPH."
    -themedicalbiochemistrypage.org-

12. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

Gretchen,

If I can ask, how was your sleep the last 2 nights? Are the kiddos still sleeping well on theirs? What about the dh? Really looking into the mag. sleep pad and really curious about the benefits. I have to have proof though before the dh signs off on one.

I'm also wondering if my mattress is too thick if it's even worth the money. I might have to consider a new mattress which would be really sad since this one is awesome and is only a year old. Have you tried the sheets or anything else to ground while sleeping with any decent results?

Please keep us up-to-date. I know a lot of us are "waiting" to hear good news and then dive into one.

Thanks.

13. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

This is why staying in the PPP means longevity.......and why Wolf and Attia are still searching for the alternative fuel........it is right there in this pathway but their beliefs keep them out of it.

14. freesia

freesia Old Member

Curious here...What beliefs? That carbohydrates all year round doesn't come at an eventual cost, and that it's best to keep fueling all pathways?
    Or that fat can't fuel oxPPP? <--- Didn't C. Masterjohn clear that up (for the ancestral community at least) a year ago?

15. Birdy

Birdy New Member

Both Wolf and Attia now advocate adding some form of carbs for people who do long work-outs. Wolf is going the safe starch route, and Attia is trying some sort of modified food starch. Both claim improved exercise performance over low carb.

16. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

and when you do that you bump out of PPP........LOL.

17. Birdy

Birdy New Member

I am thinking they are overexercisers anyway, and so I don't pay attention to try to optimize THAT. I figure that the only time I'll need that type of conditioning is if there is a local WW3 and they make me go on some sort of death march lol.

18. freesia

freesia Old Member

I feel the same, I think. LOL.
    I'm understanding what Dr K is advocating for here, from a recovering health perspective.

Thanks for the clarification on Wolf and Attia Birdy. :cool:

19. kathylu

kathylu Gold

Sometimes I think we are making this much too complicated. Eat a ketogenic diet based on adequate good proteins and lots of good fats...and your body will relearn how to burn fats for fuel.

20. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

When you eat a ketogenic diet guess what else happens.......we bypass complex one at the inner mitochondrial membrane and enter FADH2. You heard about this in the Quantum electron post.........but what did not I tell you? Why does a ketogenic diet work in T1D, T2D, and to lose weight? When you lose water conduction at the inner mitochondrial membrane you lose the ability of proper nanoscopic protein folding of cytochrome 1. This throws off the nanoscopic precision required for quantum tunneling and this cause increased ROS and metabolic syndrome........This is also why niacin works in these diseases because it is a ketone mimic drug. Why? Niacin also known as vitamin B3, nicotinic acid and vitamin PP, is an organic compound with the formula C6H5NO2 and one of the 40 to 80 essential human nutrients. In fact, when niacin deficiency is present it is one of 5 vitamins that causes a pandemic disease condition called pellagra. But it can be used to bypass a "broken" cytochrome 1 when mis-folding (due to a chronic ATP deficiency think EMF 7). But why kathylu? Why am I tormenting you with this science,.......because you are biochemist........and you will see where QED takes us..........Vitamin B3 can help activate PPP when we are broken for some reason when we are ketotic from a dietary stand point using vast amounts of coherent water as I laid out in the quantum electron blog post. ( ) Yes, kathylu, niacin is a precursor to NAD+/NADH (cytochrome 1) and NADP+/NADPH (the magic of the PPP), which play essential metabolic roles in all living cells as I showed in EMF 4. Niacin cannot be directly converted to nicotinamide, but both compounds could be converted to NAD and NADP in vivo and this information is very valuable when you have liver leptin resistance, metabolic syndrome, or epilepsy. When cytochrome 1 has mis-folded electron transport proteins (quinolone issue of CoEnQ10) you need to bypass it 100% of the time by eating fats predominately because if you don't, your mitochondria begin to make massive ROS that overwhelms the cell lowers vitamin D and all hormones, causes pregnenolone steal syndrome, and eventually shortens its telomeres to cause cellular signaling problems that lead to either senesence or cancer. The reason why? NAD+ builds up in relation to NADH levels on a per unit basis. Increasing the NAD+ in comparison to NADH changes a most of the mechanistic downstream signalling in protein kinase B pathways of cells. Why is that big? The AKT pathway is also known as protein kinase B (PKB). It is a serine/threonine-specific protein kinase that plays a key role in multiple cellular processes such as glucose metabolism, apoptosis, cell proliferation, transcription and cell migration. Akt1 is involved in cellular survival pathways, by inhibiting apoptotic processes. Akt1 is also able to induce protein synthesis pathways, and is therefore a key signaling protein in the cellular pathways that lead to skeletal muscle hypertrophy, and general tissue growth. Since it can block apoptosis, and thereby promote cell survival, Akt1 has been implicated as a major factor in many types of cancer. Akt (now also called Akt1) was originally identified as the oncogene in the transforming retrovirus, AKT8. In a mouse which is null for Akt1 but normal for Akt2, glucose homeostasis is unperturbed, but the animals are smaller, consistent with a role for Akt1 in growth. In contrast, mice which do not have Akt2, but have normal Akt1, have mild growth deficiency and display a diabetic phenotype (insulin resistance/ T2D), again consistent with the idea that Akt2 is more specific for the insulin receptor signaling pathway. The role of Akt3 is less clear, though it appears to be predominantly expressed in the brain. It has been reported that mice lacking Akt3 have small brains. This is what causes brain shrinkage in all the neurodegenerative disorders that are linked to cytochrome 1 issues. PCOS is tied to this early one before the more chronic diseases come to the forefront.
    Akt2 is an important signaling molecule in the Insulin signaling pathway. It is required to induce glucose transport.

The follow through? AKT1 is involved in the PI3K/AKT/mTOR pathway and other signaling pathways. These all cause massive changes in cell cycle signaling and in cellular communication. mTOR is huge in longevity and in cancer progression via the dis-regulation of the p 53 gene.

Now you can see why when this pathway is activated many bad things can happen that are common to T1D, T2D, most cases of leptin resistance with elevations in HS CRP. These steps are stops on the way to either final pathway and we call them neolithic diseases. Yes.......you got an insight into Quantum Metabolic syndrome early.

We are not making it complicated......it is. This response is the proof of just how complicated it is.......and you need to have a lot of science background to understand this complexity......believe it or not I leave a lot of it out on purpose.......but not in this response.

Brent Patrick and lohd2015 like this.