1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Being Epi paleo while traveling Italy

Discussion in 'Beginners Area' started by John Smith, Nov 29, 2016.

1. John Smith

John Smith New Member

How to be Epi paleo while traveling Italy?

I am travelling in January and February and will be there for a month.

I will be trying to eat little to no carbs while I am there. What are some good suggestions to eat there such as when at a restaurant and on the go. Keep in mind I may not always get access to a fridge. I was already thinking of cans sardines, a few pounds of grass fed tallow and ghee in large container as I need to load up on good fats during this time. I am not sure whether dry sausage (French saucisson sausage) a bit like salami is an okay option. It can contain sugar and unwanted preservatives and will most likely not be grass fed. What would you eat if you were there? I know there can be good pork and seafood there.

Since it is winter, should I be going around in a short sleeve shirt and wearing no coats of jackets since it will be most likely 30-45 degrees Fahrenheit. Is this too much CT?

I will try to drink as much spring water like San Pellegrino etc...

I will always wear blue blocking glasses indoors after sunset and before sunrise.

Since we are in short light cycles I will try to be outside when I can during the few hours of light. I will ground myself whenever it is possible.

I will do meditation everyday and reduce my stress levels as much as possible

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Why is this question? Italy suddenly doesn't have these foods? Last time I checked Italy sticks out into the Med which is filled with fish because of its brisk volcanic basin. I see no problems............likely way more problems living this way from your own hime truthfully.

3. Linz

Linz Gold

The Italians are extremely fussy about their food being local, in season and fresh. Find restaurants used by the local inhabitants.

freesia and caroline like this.
  4. caroline

caroline Moderator

Have a great adventure! worry less and eat tons of seafood.

Mostly have the time of your life - it will pay back huge dividends!!

Be very social - so many new experiences to enjoy ...... laugh, dance, sing, love....

5. John Smith

John Smith New Member

Should I wear as. little as possible? It will be cold.

6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Can you name any wild animal once it comes from its mother's vagina or egg that wears clothes?

7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Beside ignorant humans of course.

8. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

What we know as Italian eating is only the commercial side. You would be surprised how little pasta for example is actually eaten. I lived in an Italian family in South Italy for a few weeks and the pasta is traditionally an appetizer ,followed by meat and or seafood and fruit as dessert. Pasta is fill up food for the poor. As most immigrants here or in the US came from poor backgrounds mostly the cuisine that arrived in the New World is a distorted version of the ancestral cuisine of the immigrant. So no worries,you will find plenty of food that is Epi paleo.Just stay away from the franchises and look for local places. The news that cheap refined stuff is marketable has arrived in Italy,too.

Linz and cantweight like this.
  9. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Where exactly are you going ?

10. John Smith

John Smith New Member

I will go to Rome, Milan, Florence, Bologna, Naples, Venice

11. freesia

freesia Old Member

I was there earlier this year...local springtime.

We bought fresh produce every day at the markets and yes pork products and seafood are excellent! From deli type places we got really amazing sticks of preserved (fermented) pork with lots of fat, local olives, buffalo cheese (unless you don't do dairy). Ate a lot of mushrooms (different types) while we were there and little tomatoes which were right in season (they won't be for you). There is more than one type of mineral water in Italy and each restaurant will probably want to serve you a local one. ;)
    We stayed right away from franchises. We did eat gelato...artisan stuff not crap. (Sorry that's really not helpful if you want to be low-no carb!!)

Just wear what's comfortable for you. If you're well cold acclimatized so much the better...means you can wear less.

caroline and Linz like this.
  12. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

freesia for the win!