1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

beginning yoga again...strange affect

Discussion in 'Optimal Fitness' started by janagram, Jul 15, 2012.

1. janagram

janagram New Member

So I am still resetting, I guess, and haven't done a lot of exercize...but thought I'd do a few yoga poses. (haven't done for couple yrs)...I got into a nice warrior stance, opened up my chest, hands raised above head in a clasp and took a few deep breathes.....then got verrry faint, lasted a few minutes, scary. This has happened to me in the past as I was beginning a yoga practise....no teacher knew why...:confused:

any thoughts?

2. janagram

janagram New Member

definitely located in the brain....just felt like it..

3. janagram

janagram New Member

oh, talked to my son who does yoga and he seemed to get it. When you go into a pose that requires strength to hold, and practise controlled (slow)breathing your muscles are taking a lot of oxygen and your brain is not getting as much in the moment.

4. KiwiLauren

KiwiLauren Gold

Do you think it's related to cortisol in the same way that dizziness upon standing up is related to cortisol?

5. janagram

janagram New Member

hmm, thats another thought...haven't had cortisol checked yet...thanks.

6. Zorica Vuletic

Zorica Vuletic New Member

I think the dizziness from standing up is from low sodium status, not to do with cortisol. Cortisol has different effects.

7. Jimmy82

Jimmy82 New Member

I think i m replying a little bit late but i must say that there should be two reasons behind it...

Because i know for a fact when an aunt in the care center had faced the same thing while doing yoga and no one came to figure it that..

So i figured that there should be two reasons behind it

1. Cholesterol level

2. Sodium

A friend of mine also said that it would be because of sodium status

8. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

You could try checking your blood pressure while sitting, and then check it after you stand up.

9. Rodney

Rodney New Member

Hi Janagram,

I have been practicing yoga since last 3 years but never experienced such problem but I will consult with my yoga instructor and will share the solution later with you. Yoga makes my body flexible and helps me in breathing better. Yoga stable autonomic nervous system balance, sooth stress and improve mood.

10. Joann

Joann New Member

low bp from whatever.....could be sodium or low cortisol causing low bp. happens to me with my arms over my head I have low side of bp.....so my cope is I run around first before standing a long time or arms over head.