1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Beginning My University Education

Discussion in 'Feedback/Suggestions' started by Eli Avital, Feb 17, 2020.

1. Eli Avital

Eli Avital New Member

So, I'm 18 soon to be 19 years old and planning on beginning university in September.
    I have applied to life sciences and health sciences on the route to possibly become a doctor and then further my education in the natural, biohacking and quantum biology side.
    My question is, if you had to choose to study anything in university relating to true heath and jacks research, where would you start? What would you study?
    Which educational track should I take to maximize my potential in quantum biology?

ElectricUniverse likes this.
  2. I recommend not accruing debt above all else. It ties one to a job you may not want in the future. If you can earn a scholarship, choose what you are super passionate about now. If you don't know, why not work, travel, learn, live and experience the world. Best wishes with whatever you decide.

3. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

4. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I like the first sentence, but only conditionally.
    The second sentence assumes that you will have job.
    -------
    If you are able, then arrange for a sponsor who:
    will carry your schooling and living expenses until you are ready for work.
    In return, you will be obliged to work for him the same amount of time as he was supporting you, and for the pay that he sees fit.
    ---------------
    Alternatively,
    screw schools
    open company that you think will have a future
    hire others
    rack $$ hand over fist, the American way.

caroline likes this.
  5. ElectricUniverse

ElectricUniverse New Member

Eli, without knowing your location, background, intelligence, interests, aptitudes, and abilities it would be very hard to give you sensible advice regarding training in pursuit of a health-oriented career.

If you are in the USA, if I were in your shoes I would follow Marko's advice and avoid becoming a possibly life-long debt serf to the academic/financial overlords (unless you really believe you can readily obtain a very high-paying job in what you trained for). If you are in another country that supports academic work without requiring humongous student debt that is another matter altogether.

If you really have altruistic yearnings to help people face-to-face, you might consider training to become a naturopath/chiropractor/nutritionist/etc, which require much less time and money to get your sheepskin to hang on wall, and early start to a career without student debt hanging over your head.

I hope you will adopt an attitude that you are in school for life and formal academic training is just the hors d'oeuvre appetizer in learning.

The most rewarding education is from the school of living and independent study.

Pablo, caroline and JanSz like this.
  6. Eli Avital

Eli Avital New Member

So, thank god I am fortunate to have the help of my parents cover my costs for education. I am living in Toronto, Canada and planning on attending Mc Master university in Hamilton, an hour away.
    I've thought about starting a business, but as everyone's main problem is, I have no idea what business to start lol. Ive seen Matt maruca and Ra optics and have been trying to find an idea like this, but I have no idea where to start.
    Also, my parents really want me to go to university and have a formal education. but if I am going to do that, I want to maximize it and really study something valuable that will teach me about true health.

caroline and John Schumacher like this.
  7. Michael CULLEN

Michael CULLEN New Member

No point mate. Universities are useless.

ElectricUniverse likes this.
  8. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Most parents love their children.
    They support them REGARDLESS of their ability, so when they get old they may not have financial ability to go through retirement.
    I was in that kind of situation.
    Eventually, after my Dad died, I, we, kept my Mom with us for her last 25 years (in USA), (and supported financially my wife's Father (in Poland).

You may want to study your parents' financial situation, before making a big decision.

You may want to think of a two-track system.
    1. do something that will increase your financial ability
    2. use your financial ability to do or support what you really like.

9. JanSz

JanSz Gold

The reason for attending Good universities is not the knowledge they provide, but the buddies and friends you make there. They will support you and you will support them, latter.

Brent Patrick likes this.
  10. Well spoken wisdom!

Brent Patrick likes this.
  11. One of my daughters has taken your advise - "attending a good university". She's in her junior year - double major Biology and Music. The friendships she has made will hopefully last.

12. drezy

drezy New Member

I have a sharp 15 year old and I think about this regularly.

I think in the end none of us oldies are going to have much of an answer for you but will all have very good intentions.

I would suggest that you spend a little time thinking about the activities that you enjoy where time melts away. Remove gaming time wasters. Aside from blue light gaming will distract you from finding the activity you are passionate enough to lose track of time. When you find something like that you don't really feel like you work as much as you get paid to do what you like.

Low interest debt can be leveraged wisely, but you really want to have a plan of execution.

In order to save money I drove an old cheap car an hour to attend my university from home. It was no chick wagon by any stretch of the imagination but it saved my family lots of money and I got through insane amounts of audio books along the way.

It sounds pretty schmalzy and cliche but you've got great support and young redox. You're the future kid and I've got faith in you.

okayboomer.jpg

13. ElectricUniverse

ElectricUniverse New Member

It is great that your parents are willing to make a sacrifice for your education.

As long as their financial contributions don't put their retirement nest egg in jeopardy that is fine.

Going to university just to get handed a degree and (hopefully) establish a network of career contacts (professors and fellow partying students) doesn't wash with me. Much of formal academia is just a political/social indoctrination scheme, unless you concentrate on hard-core science/technology curriculum.

I attained a BS degree from University of the State of New York with 2 years of work in a community college, with rest of 4-year required credits attained through Independent Study program (correspondence course work-- nowadays these types of degrees use online coursework). My total tuition costs were minimal.

Not everyone is cut out for independent study degree work-- it takes a lot of motivation and gumption to stay at it when you are soley responsible for completing the degree (versus just showing up at classes everyday to feed at trough of professors).

caroline, John Schumacher and JanSz like this.
  14. JanSz

JanSz Gold

@Eli Avital
    NASA is hiring.
    Highly interesting job.

upload_2020-2-19_13-36-56.png

John Schumacher and Eli Avital like this.
  15. caroline

caroline Moderator

Have you thought of becoming a "Gold" member and really devouring all of Jack's stuff?

Jack has spoken many times here about the futility and heartbreak of going into medicine.

Maybe meet up with Matt Maruca somewhere .....

Matt was militant about meeting Jack in Mexico.....He was on a mission and made a lot of stuff happen for himself.

It seems, basically, that Matt stalked Jack and his wife in Mexico .....in the nicest possible way!

Matt was on a mission, just like you, to figure out what to do with his life. He was about the same age as you are now I think.

Maybe ....if you are able to, go to one of Jack's optimal events?

John Schumacher and JanSz like this.
  16. drezy

drezy New Member

There are key people who are very impressive like Jeremy T, but all in all if Jack were my own brother I'd tell him to get some distance from much of the crowd that is considered in his radius.

I sure wouldn't suggest my own son spend his time with most of them.

Pablo, JanSz and caroline like this.
  17. Eli Avital

Eli Avital New Member

Well I have thought about getting a membership, but it's 100 dollars per month and I don't think my parents are ready to pay that just for online information.
    I have spoken to Matt on Instagram briefly but never thought about actually meeting up with him.

Where can I find jacks optimal events?

Funny story
    When I first started following jack I was actually in Playa del Carmen while him and a group of people were there, but didnt know it.
    I got up early every morning for a walk on the beach during sunrise. And one day on my walk I saw a group of people just walk on to the beach and start watching the Sun in very little clothing. I thought it was a little unusual.
    Only when I got back to Toronto did I realize that the group I saw was literally jack and his members!! I was in shock when I found out. Can't believe I didn't know at the time.

JanSz likes this.
  18. drezy

drezy New Member

Doc one on one or in a small group is a very valuable opportunity.

caroline and Eli Avital like this.
  19. Eli Avital

Eli Avital New Member

Must you be a member to come to the events?

20. drezy

drezy New Member

I'm unsure of the current status.

One more thought occurred to me this morning that kind of is along the lines of what @JanSz suggested.

I'm working with my son in order to have an established LLC in some business that he is interested in running on the side while in college and having the ability to build after college if he chooses.

The way instead of being another college grad he'll be a grad that, by the way, also runs a small corporation. There are also nice tax deductions and benefits on the books that could be useful.

If you have a local or family support network it might be worth looking into that too.