1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Beer & polyphenols

Discussion in 'Ask Jack' started by drezy, Sep 28, 2018.

1. drezy

drezy New Member

To cover this up front I am not a beer drinker.

I am witnessing a large percentage of hops being added to beers.

The nearest city to me is Austin Tx. Alcohol and beer consumption is sky high in that city.

Is the hoppy craze related to the polyphenols in the hops?

Would it be reasonable to assume this consumption will continue and possibly even increase?

* - Full disclosure - This does related to potential business choices that I'll detail in my own journal. I'm aware of the fact that there are many here with serious health issues trying to get answers.

If this is inappropriate here and would be better suited for a Q&A please let me know and I will delete this. I just had an unexpected amount of fun with the wine webinar and this is slightly related.

Jim Laird and Phosphene like this.
  2. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Wine webinar was before deuterium entered the scene.
    And the desirable vines had deuterium advantage.

3. drezy

drezy New Member

Agreed and why I'm not a beer drinker.

No matter how many ellipses you write

Last edited: Sep 28, 2018
  4. JanSz

JanSz Gold

The way it is going instead of drinking beer we are going to drink fat.
    Since the desirable range now is (125 - 95)ppm
    we have to be careful with butter.

Pork otoh is better as long as it is grass fed.

upload_2018-9-28_15-22-33.png

Last edited: Sep 28, 2018
    brookway17, Phosphene and drezy like this.
  5. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

As one who used to like beer almost as much as Judge Kavanaugh, I must say the super hoppy ones provide a refreshing, citrusy bitterness and fragrance. Regular ales and lagers are just bland in comparison. They tend to be much higher in alcohol content too which certainly contributes to their popularity.

But yeah, I like that polyphenol theory! :whistle:

I somehow haven’t gotten to the wine webinar yet. Which month/year is it? (And is there a webinar index somewhere I’m missing?)

6. JanSz

JanSz Gold

https://1000corks.com/search?page=2&st=Purple+Angel

upload_2018-9-28_17-18-42.png