1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Bee Sting . . . Infection

Discussion in 'The New Monster Thread' started by BJK77, Jul 9, 2014.

1. BJK77

BJK77 Gold

Hi All,

I'm really not on my computer at all these days and shouldn't be now, so I'm going to make this quick. So many of you on here are knowledgeable about so many health issues I was hoping you might have a few suggestions for me.

My body is so weak right now that I just can't handle any stressor at all. I got a bee sting on Sunday afternoon. Everything seemed fine on Monday, but yesterday when I woke my toe that got stung was very itchy and swollen. My toes are always a little swollen and discolored, but the toe that was stung was especially bad. I tried googling some remedies and have tried tons of them - ice, honey, baking soda, comfrey cream, etc, etc.

Nothing is helping and it got much, much worse last night. I couldn't sleep at all. This morning it is swollen to twice the normal size, I can't bend it, it's painful and itchy and hot to the touch. I'm afraid it somehow became infected. I do have an appointment with my family doctor this afternoon, but I'm concerned they'll just want to push oral antibiotics. My gut can't handle them now.

Any other suggestions for things I could try? Thanks for any input.

2. SeaHorse

SeaHorse Gold

Have you taken a bunch of antihistamine? Quercitin? I have an anaphylaxic reaction to bees so I carry an epi-pen, but if you have a histamine problem I would get some anti-histamine into you quickly..it may just be your histamines acting up, not an infection.

3. cantweight

cantweight Gold

Maybe an antihistamine?

4. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

An onion poultice?
    No idea where it came from but it popped into my head when reading the answer about Quercetjn. Google confirms it working for some.

5. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

BJ! So glad to hear from you.
    Sounds like your immune system is hyperactive. Even though ice doesn't seem to help, I would keep that foot on it anyway. It might be preventing further inflammation.

6. Josh

Josh Gold

Casor oil pack or mudpacks such as Medibodypack from PRL with liver-ND and or Apple Cider Vinegar as the fluid that you mix it with. Both are good for such things. Toes are tough, poor circulation.

7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

lack of electrons in immune cells...........DHA deficiency.

Arborescence likes this.
  8. BJK77

BJK77 Gold

Thanks for all the suggestions. I tried pretty much all of them! Not sure which helped (or if it was just time), but it cleared in a few days thank goodness.

Martin and Jude like this.
  9. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Glad you got some relief, BJ.

10. caroline

caroline Moderator

Thanx for the update BJ...

11. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Good to see you and glad that collectively something helped.