1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

becoming me again

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by kovita, Feb 20, 2014.

1. kovita

kovita Silver

Hi! I have decided to start my journal. I have not share much about myself with anyone ever since I got sick . I realized quickly, people are not interested in pain of others and I did not want to be pain in the ass ;-)
    So a short story for any patient virtual listener.
    I am 35, mom to two young children, lived and travelled around the world and I am lean and look very healthy (paradox). I was healthy as hell till the age of 33, rarely sick, full of energy, sportswoman, excellent recovery etc. And I was sick as hell for the last 2 years of my life. Just like this, from great to terrible. I think the culprit is lyme contracted just before my second pregnancy and pronounced straight into the chronic phase (this includes leaky gut, autoimmunity and multiple enhanced patogen activation on my immunotests). There is a history of lupus in my family, so my HLA DR is most likely clear without testing. I live in chronic pains affecting muscles, joints, tendons and random places, paresthesias of hands and feet and many more, some of it now much better, some a bit better, some the same, some even worse. I eat epipaleo with respect to my individual intolerances, I do CT and all other things that you should do to be well, except that I am not well. I am biologist by profession and I think I tried almost everything and seeing the poor results is not keeping my very cheered right now, but I do not think I have any other choices than to keep up the good work I started. It gets very frustrated sometimes and I tend to have the stupid eternal questions "why me?". My goal is to get back my old self and my main motivation are not the pains (this is a big motivation though) but my kids and my great husband, who happen to be on this unlucky boat with me and can't do much more than watch me slipping out of my old self.

2. sooperb

sooperb New Member

Welcome to the land of hope Kovita. In terms of finding a listening ear and a lot of experience, you have had the luck to land here. Firstly, stop picking on yourself, whatever happened, it wasn't your fault. I can't help having a bent toe, a big nose and wonky teeth. OK, maybe the wonky teeth are partly my fault but the rest I just got landed with. That doesn't mean to say I can't try and change the bits I'm not happy with and so I'm trying. Changes seem to happen at a different pace for all of us, we're not clones, we're all different.

Pain is tiring, debilitating and hard to rationalise. Why you? Well, who can say but I don't think it's personal, many on here suffer daily, some of them with troubles so big I wonder how they cope, the trick seems to be to have a determination to beat the bad rap they all got and that's what they try to do. It's frustrating though isn't it, you are doing so much that is right and you aren't making much headway, I can understand that for sure, I'm the same pot-bellied lard arse I was when I dropped in six months ago but if I never lose another ounce, I'll still be glad that I found this place, so many warm hearted and knowledgeable individuals who all try to help and encourage. Any minute now Caroline will land, she's such a stalwart of this place and is someone who's lasted the course and finally seen change happen. She's full of good advice and is well versed in Dr. Jack's principles.

Don't despair, if there's a way back to optimal health you'll find it here :) Welcome aboard, hold on tight, the ride might be rough and the journey long but you'll get there.

caroline likes this.
  3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

welcome........

4. kovita

kovita Silver

thanks, Sooperb, Jack! Patience was never my virtue and if I am learning something on a daily basis now, it is being patient and calm (i have big genetical disadvantage here, I think, beacuse all of my COMT genes tested in 23andme are red). It is a bumpy road, I cannot agree more. I will try to get some blood work done now and I can ensure you, it is a big work here in Europe, the doctors are very conventional and labs not very used to selftesters. I red a ton of great books on water chemistry, EMG, biochemistry etc. and As I said I tried almost everything with very poor results. I decided I will summarize here the points, where I see some chnages, maybe someone will have an idea...

1. body temperature went from unstable between 36.3 till 37.5 Celsius to very stable 36.7 plus minus
    2. I do pee much less often and as well my need to drink went from a lot to normal
    3. my blood pressure went from very low to normal and HB from 80plus to 60-70 range
    4. my sleep is more refreshing
    5. my cycle is very pronounces in terms of feelings (I can tell where I am without counting) and i am on 28 days exactly
    6. my moods and anger is more controlable and I even feel happy some days/weeks
    7. I get much less muscle twitching
    8. digestion seems better
    9. muscular pains are much less common, but tendon and joint pains without any changes, unfortunately
    10. raynaud's seems gone and hands less cold and in overall I can walk outside with less cloth than others
    11. I produce a lot of heat during the nights, but no sweating
    12. paresthesia and blood flow cut feeling in hands during the night are less common
    13. i have stable energy during the days, no nedd for napping, but get sleepe around 9pm

Last edited: Feb 20, 2014
  5. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Do not overemphasize red colors on 23andme, work around it.
    Your past high energy=high redox potential says that you can do it.
    Other than high GI carbohydrates skip also nightshades.

Do (good) Fatty Acids Analysis, preferably the kind recommended by dr Patricia Kane (bodybio.com)
    Follow recommendations based on results of those analysis (on top of dr JK's program).

Track progress using:
    F.A.C.T (Functional Acuity Contrast Test)

//

Last edited: Feb 20, 2014
    Katys4cookies likes this.
  6. kovita

kovita Silver

thanks, Jan. The odd thing is that I do not fail any single time on the contract test yet I have lyme ;-) I will take a look on fatty acids testing.

7. caroline

caroline Moderator

Hi Kovita and welcome!
    I will just be brief - I am on my way out - but wanted to say Hi!

Please get Dr. K's book ....The Epi-Paleo RX ...at amazon on kindle or paper. It is a great overview of all this There is a great section on labs.

Please listen to all the podcasts - on the home page..... easy way to get quick information.

Have you joined the free 90 day optimal reset? please do that. today we had a great webinar with Dr. Tim Jackson - he is a hormone expert and on Lyme.

Consider becoming a 'Gold" member if you can manage it .......you will have access to all the webinars at any time and also the follow up live Q&A where you can ask Jack anything. Dr. K. can talk for hours .... lucky us!!!

What is your non native EMF exposure? this is hugely, hugely important

Please read Dr. K's most recent blog ..... The redox RX ..... this will be absolutely critical for you.

I will pop in tomorrow to say hi ....:)

No fake lite after sunset. Get lots of grounding and sunchine
    do you have blueblocker glasses?
    You need to reset your circadian clock!
    you need to drink spring water....

8. kovita

kovita Silver

Caroline, thanks for your input. I own the book and managed to read most of the blogs and comments. i live in city center so my EMF is not ideal, but I am trying... No smart meter, I live in the mold free house from the end of 19. century, we nice actually, we have these great town houses here in Europe! I have lived in the past in Dubai and Singapore, specially Dubai is a real killer in terms of EMF and other toxicity, since it is competely freshly built city. Singapore fos killer for molds, I guess, even we had top notch air cleaner in the house. Ifollow the webinar as much as I can, it is a bit difficult due to the time difference and small chldren around the house, but I do appreaciate this initiative very much. I did a lot on this direction before I discovered dr.Kruse's work, ut now even more. It is clear however I will. ot be this lucky case, where magic do happen in the horizon of months. I knew it even before, because I lived fairly healthy life and got sick quickly from very good previous health. There was a lot of chronic stress involved, but infection is defi itely strong background. I hope, I have still options to bring my body back to balance, considering my history, my age, overall family health and time since I got sick. I red a bit your story and it is great you did and are doing so well!

9. tellmisty

tellmisty Administrator

Kovita, Dr. Tim Jackson also has lyme disease. He knows a TON. The Heal Your Hormones bootcamp could be huge for you, and I'd highly recommend a consult with him!

One thing I will say, just anecdotally, in my "observation," if you have lyme, you reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally need to optimize your environment and CT as much as you possibly can. It is a very hard disease to recover from, and it needs a healthy, healing environment. Work the Redox RX and CT like a crazy person. You also would really benefit from a GI test like the Metametrix GI Effects test to see what's going on in your gut so you can heal it. Perhaps some of our other UK friends can help you with what to get over there and how to go about it. 23andme would be great, too, so you can see if you have any SNPs that will get in the way of detoxing (which I have ... poor SNPs for methylating and detoxing pesticides) ... it's helpful to know what's in your DNA so you can properly support your body to heal.

The Biohacking 101 eCourse is free! All these kinds of goodies are in it, if you haven't subscribed: www.jackkruse.com/biohacking-101.

10. kovita

kovita Silver

thanks, Misty! I know lyme sucks big time. I have 23andme and there are no big methykation issues, but it it not very relevant in lyme, I think since it is so complx and smart bug, I know detoxing is one if my top issues, mainly phase2. I did a lot of methylation support, but what CT and other life style choices are doing to me is unexpected and. i had to slow down now with CT. I got very toxic during the last few weeks, my glutathion went up a lot and whatever is happening inside of my body, it is definitely bringing to blood a lot of rubbish. I had hopes I could make a difference without treatment or supplements, but it looks like it will not work just by itself. I will sign for the Dr.Tim bootcamp than, it would be great if you could point out some nick of european members you know here on forum, who would be knowledgable where to test!

11. caroline

caroline Moderator

Hi Kovita .....You can arrange to do consults with Dr. Jackson and I am pretty sure he could help you with where to get testing.
    He did a free webinar for us .... check on the home page. Please let us know if you have trouble finding anything.

I will have a think about who is on the forum from Europe that could be of some help.....:)

12. Hope

Hope Gold

Jan...have you done the fatty acids test with Patricia Kane? Wondering....

13. Hope

Hope Gold

Hi Kovita, how wonderful you get to live in Austria.....such a beautiful country!

have you had your MSH tested? Wonder if it's low.....from what you are sharing. And when you said your glutathione got high, how do you know it was high?

14. kovita

kovita Silver

i did not find any lab who would test MSH here at least up to now. There is one testing glutathion (red blood cells). i tested in the summer, very low, and i have decided to check again, when i realized, i am getting toxic with ct etc. i hoped it would be glutathion. it is high now.

15. JanSz

JanSz Gold

No but I am getting ready.
    I just have this text ready for another post, it may be of interest to you and Kovita:

I suggest that you get all four tests, one SpectraCell’s Micronutrient "Premium Package"
    http://spectracell.mybigcommerce.com/packages-add-ons/
    http://spectracell.mybigcommerce.com/tests/
    they have other tests, they may wait.
    Contact SpectraCell:
    http://www.spectracell.com/contact-us/
    my own contact (in NJ, USA) call Rene Barret (732-266-6735) ------ (732-390-0286)

and
    three from BodyBio.com
    http://www.bodybio-wellness.com/index.html
    BodyBio Wellness Report
    BodyBio Professional Report (Doctor's Report)
    BodyBio Fatty Acid Report (Doctor's Report)
    Contact BodyBio
    http://www.bodybio-wellness.com/contactbodybio.html

Buy this books (directly from BodyBio)(to get lattest revission):

The Detoxx Book $34.65
    http://www.bodybio.com/storeproduct304.aspx
    The Detoxx Book™ is a Doctors Guide to intelligently manage toxicity, and to deal with it nutritionally. It was developed to help patients safely and efficiently remove the toxic residue that is present in their body from living in today’s world. It appears that guiding patients through detoxification can be eased considerably when dietary and supplemental interventions are implemented. This book, written by doctors for doctors, will be invaluable as a text to study as it reviews, in detail, a broad coverage of the lipid scene from the double bond, eicosanoids, trans fats, dietary fats, phosphatidylserine, and the exciting subject of phosphatidylcholine. The Detoxx Book™ is a must for every doctor and every healthcare provider interested in having a safe and efficient tool to use in their effort to detoxify the body.

Patient's Detoxx™ Book $17.35
    http://www.bodybio.com/storeproduct340.aspx
    Contains:
    • The DetoxxTM Diet
    • DetoxxTM Recipes
    • Patient Prep Instructions
    for “at home” detoxification

/////////////////

Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
  16. Hope

Hope Gold

Thanks...I have a tons of tests but the fatty acid one I haven't done in some time. :)

BTW your name...isn't that pronounced more than Ian and Dschan? I have a Russian friend whose name is Ian too, and we always pronounce is without the Dsch sound (not properly spelled)

17. JanSz

JanSz Gold

My native language is Polish, hence Jan.
    Rusians and Ukrainians have Ivan.
    Americans have John.
    Same name.
    I was born during WWII.
    My parents risked a lot to register me as Jan (but not Ivan).

Go to:
    http://www.forvo.com/

Pronunciation by ppaatt1 (Male from Poland) sounds clearly.

I recorded, by mine my recording have lesser quality:
    Pronunciation by JanSz (Male from United States)

18. Hope

Hope Gold

Neat....my friend from Russia, his name is Ian, too, not Ivan. Always loved that name :)

19. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

You mean it isn't Jansy (Jans-z)? I'm crushed!

20. caroline

caroline Moderator

I have a great visual of Jansy ......and his GF/DW in thigh high red leather boots and fish net hose and mini skirt!

I am sticking with that!