1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Beating sugar addiction, ED, CF, much more!

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by MamaGrok, Mar 20, 2012.

1. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

When you say 'belly fat', do you mean how much your belly sticks out, or how much you can pinch? Your description of it going away, then returning, almost sounds more like bloating.

2. Lyndra

Lyndra Gold

Good point - not a true binge as I used to do them. I could easily down one sleeve of Girl Scout cookies in a sitting and feel like I could eat the other without trying. This time I ate the cookies over a period of a few days. I should have known not to have a package in the house as they'll get eaten (by me!). If I'm going to indulge, it has to be away from home where my quantity is limited. It's a bit disappointing, though, as I thought I had my sweet tooth more in control than that.

Congrats on achieving your previous weight! When is the 10K you're planning on running?

3. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

No particular one. First, I have to have a decent level of energy on a regular basis - getting there very slowly. When I have a normal human level of energy again, I'll start SimpleFit, regular walks, and occasional sprints, and then just pick a race and go for it, lol.

I posted this in another thread, I think, but DH has already shown me how. He has always emphasized meat & fat & veggies in his diet, with very little grains or sweets, just by his nature. He's lean & strong, even though he rarely gets to exercise anymore. He goes out and plays softball with the work team, or flag football with the homeschool dads & sons, 4-5 times a year, and doesn't get winded and isn't sore a bit the next day.

One year our tailgating group went to a bowl game together and decided to run a 5K together. (I was super pregnant, lucky me, so no go.) They trained and trained, except dh, who just showed up and ran. He kept pace with the fasted guy from our group and at the end, easily could have run it all over again. No puffing, no exhaustion, no soreness - no training. Just overall good health.

Don't worry - we all think we have more control over our sweet tooth than we do. Wise people kept telling me that people like us have to accept we can NEVER have even one morsel of anything sweet again. I do think they're wrong, b/c I believe this is not inherent in us (I know it's not in me; I was never this way before the antibiotics barrage), but I think they're right while we're in the midst of it. It's such a strong urge that it even took me years to get to the point where I could not have one bite. And now I can park here for a while and let it heal, so one day I can have my daughter's wedding cake and move on with no care, no obsession, & no damage, just like I can enjoy a steak today.

4. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

MamaGrok, yeah, must be bloating. It seemed like half my (excess) tummy was gone!

5. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

Bloating is my bane. I didn't even know I had it until a bunch of the belly fat went away and I could see the dramatic difference between my gut and the rest of me, and from the beginning to the end of a meal. I spent much of last year looking 5-6 months pregnant, and now that I have completely eliminated wheat, dairy, & FODMAPs, am finally making some headway. Now I gotta get mygut healed so I can add some ofthose back (at least the garlic & butter!) without looking pg again!

6. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Well, I'm not gassy, and wheat isn't in the picture. I have cut way back on dairy, but yes, it's so hard to say no to raw, grass fed cream and butter. I do eat onions & cabbage, but dropping them would be no problem.

I'm going to CT tonight again and see what my tummy does. Maybe measure it. :)

7. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

I have never been gassy, either. It's a total mystery to me - what is all that stuff if it comes and goes without gas?! And was having wheat about one serving a month.

It took about 2 weeks after totally removing dairy to see a reduction in bloating that stuck (I put how many months pg I look in my journal each day so I can see patterns), but it still didn't go all the way down. Finally I gave up FODMAPs (this is a MAJOR burden for garlic-loving me!!!) and saw another big reduction. Coconut products also seem to trigger bloating for me.

I think it'll be something different for everyone, but there are certain food categories that seem to affect the most people.

8. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Thanks for the advice, Mamagrok. I know dairy gets to me, because of my puffy eyes. They *start* to go down after 2 weeks of no dairy.

I think I might be able to describe my tummy better. Underneath the fat layer is muscle! My abdomen feels like I have been doing situps like a champ! Amazing, because it has been a year since I've lifted any of my barbell weights, or done any exercise. Hubby and I still occasionally stroll around the block, arm in arm, but that would hardly count as significant exercise.

I was planning on starting back up with the exercise in January, but decided to see what I could do about weight loss without it. Sorta my own N=1. I never expected to put on muscle, though!

9. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

I haven't done sit-ups in six years, but still have rock-hard abs under the blub & bloat. I think it's not so hard to maintain with everyday activity once it's there?

Muscles rock!

10. Martin

Martin Gold

MamaGrok, you are one of my fav posters. A WPF Georgia girl, now on a mission with Kruse.

Way to go, and you inspire the rest of us.

Martin

11. PaleoCowgirl

PaleoCowgirl New Member

Sadly, I think this is me, too. I had a big bag of coconut chips that were too addicting and made me feel bloated, so I threw them out. I also had a jar of coconut cream that I opened up. I had 2 T with lunch, and had an instant headache, carb/sugar cravings and bloating. That stuff is delish and super spendy, might I add, so I'm kind of disappointed it's going to be a no-go for me. Bummed....

12. Ayla2010

Ayla2010 New Member

You really are amazing MG, and so patient and persistent to keep going, even though its taken so long. I need a lesson in that patience for sure :)

13. Destiny

Destiny New Member

MG, every time I have a bad day, I reread your story and persist. Thank you!

14. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

Wow, Destiny, that's really an honor and a privilege to be able to help someone else with my pain.

15. Destiny

Destiny New Member

I am sorry about your pain but I am glad you shared your pain. You've had the butterfly effect on me and many others:)!

16. PaulaRichards

PaulaRichards New Member

MamaGrok...I think you should be the winner of the 30 min consultation with the Dr....no application necessary! You've been through so much and persevered! I admire your dedication to healing your body & the advise you freely give to others; me included! Thank you!

17. Marsha

Marsha New Member

I agree! Even though you could be my daughter, I look to your posts for advice and encouragment!

18. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

I just finished writing out what I want to say on the 2-4m video testimonial Dr. Kruse asked me to do. It's 10m. Oops. Gotta cut!

What would you most want to hear? What would be helpful to someone battling cravings, just starting out, or looking to be persuaded?

19. lisaeh3

lisaeh3 Silver

What a honor to have Dr. Kruse ask you to complete a video testimonial! I would include your advice about eating as much protein as you can tolerate for BAB. Watch how your body reacts to eggs, milk, CO and carbs, ie, bloating, cravings for sweets, lightheaded/sick feeling, etc... Have your food ready the night before so you don't reach for the 1st thing you see to eat that would be a cheat. I am sure you have all these examples in the video but those are a few that were important to me. Good luck on your video. YOU ROCK SISTER!!!

20. indigogirl

indigogirl Silver

Hi MamaGrok,

Just finished reading your whole journal...

You're right, I will have to apply willpower tomorrow to make myself eat a big enough BAB!

Thank you:cool::):D