1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Beating sugar addiction, ED, CF, much more!

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by MamaGrok, Mar 20, 2012.

1. ChristineKleiber

ChristineKleiber New Member

Yay MamaGrok! Ad maioram Dei gloriam!

2. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

My progress on the leptin reset:

Positive Signs

Cravings: gone unless I have something sweet due to a brain-fart, then they're still manageable

Hunger: no desire to snack AT ALL. No desire to eat lunch 99% of the time, and easily ignorable the 1%

Sleep: solid again, after total chaos at the beginning of the LR

Skin: SUPER soft (with the occasional weird slightly bumpier day) after a lifetime of dry, dry bumpy sandpapery skin.

Mood: Far more stable, not falling apart late afternoon, not screaming when vexed!!

Inconclusive Signs

Heat: definitely warmer at night, but not kicking covers off except for once in a blue moon

Fat loss: still losing about 1-2lb/month (yeah, I'm gonna win a prize for rapid weight loss for sure)

Sweating: Not much opportunity to sweat, but I am sweating profusely every week during Mass (standing in warm balcony singing the whole hour) and did not used to. Not stinking, just sweating. In fact, stinking seems to be pretty much eliminated altogether!

Negative Signs

Waking: still feel like death, or death warmed over

Energy: low, but slowly moving upward

Muscle recovery: climbed cliffs, hiked, & rode horses last Friday, and could hardly walk Sat & Sun. Not so good.

I've needed to reduce BAB from 65g to 50g lately in order to maintain an appetite for dinner. Still feel like eating the full 50g + broth + ferment + carbs every morning.

3. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

Thought-provoking comment. So many people think it takes willpower, and that those who have addictions or get fat are just lacking in it. The reality, IMO, is that people get that way because they do what everyone else is doing (including following cw health advice), and they exert their willpower in the ways CW tells them to do to end the problem, but IT DOESN'T WORK that way. Eventually most people give up.

At some point, I realized it wasn't that I lacked willpower (or that they did), but that our willpower wasn't being applied to the things that actually help you overcome these problems. Once I found the right path, yes, willpower played a HUGE role in staying on it, but continued to play little to no role in my ability to avoid sugar. I used my willpower to stuff myself with fat and protein, and that, in turn, took the cravings down to so small a level that I could use simple willpower to overcome them.
    It was impossible, though, to use willpower to ignore the cravings prior to this.

Without that fat and protein, I don't believe many people on earth could have victory against addiction and obesity, long-term - because the cravings are relentless. You can ignore them for a few hours, but not 24/7, day after day, every day of your life. Eventually you give in, and if you give in just one time in a week, you still stay addicted and fat. But give people the right information, and they can use their will power to implement that program, and the program itself will get rid of the cravings.

I do think one way in which I was blessed was with an extra portion of stubbornness ... I just simply would not accept that I had to be this way for the rest of my life. I had to find a solution, and would never quit till I found it.

4. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

As I have said many times, you are my inspiration and will remain so!!!!

5. KiwiLauren

KiwiLauren Gold

Inspiration, indeed. Thank you.

6. Casey

Casey New Member

+ 1 this has been my experience also. I'm 30 years old, have been on over 30 'health/weightloss' plans (I'm currently compiling a list and I can remember 34 so far). The BAB of protein and fat is the first time my cravings have gone and have exerted the same amount of will power this time as I did the other 30+ times. BAB + CT is awesome!

7. fabbecky

fabbecky New Member

fat and protein, fat and protein, fat and protein... I am listening Mamagrok. Fat and protein... it will be my new mantra :)

8. differentstory

differentstory New Member

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo proud of you!! I have been reading about you and your posts for awhile. You are such an inspiration. And thank you so much for the pics!! So many times people don't have pics or want to show them and they are really what inspire me so much!!!

9. MJ*

MJ* New Member

You look wonderful! You also are a busy mom it seems, so to be able to do this and keep up with all the demands is fantastic! Thanks for sharing all this.

10. Slone07

Slone07 New Member

Wow. (I said it out loud) :eek:

Its people like you who give hope to people like me. You've been through as much, if not more, than I have. If you can do it, I can do it. Thank you so, so much for posting your story.

11. PaleoSue

PaleoSue New Member

I *love* the way you phrased this.

12. indigogirl

indigogirl Silver

You are one stubborn and courageous woman! Thank you for sharing. As a sugar addict you give me hope!

For me there's no such thing as one bite. I'm only one bite away from a binge.

13. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

[​IMG]

This was last week when I weighed two pounds more and before losing another 1/4" on my forearm, and 3/4" on my rear.

I was just looking at my measurements and saw that I lost 4" in the waist the first week I went from 1/2 svg whole wheat sourdough a day to none. Yet it took me two years to realize I had a gluten problem! (Total of 15" lost on the waist, from 46 to 31, and still 3-5" left to get to my old self, no belly fat!)

And I lost 5" in the thigh. 5"! How do you even get 5" on a thigh and still be able to walk?! Proves it wasn't just "baby fat" I suppose.

14. Amazing. Totally amazing. Though you've certainly paid your dues, haven't you? You deserve every success you continue to find!! And your example keeps me (and many others, I'm sure) going when I've hit what I only hope is bottom. I'm going to bookmark your journal, as well as the one on MDA and read it from beginning to now when I'm losing faith. Thank you.

15. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

I know how many, many times I saw people at MDA who were near their goal weight and it was almost painful to see, because I was just at the beginning of my journey, but ...

that was just two years ago. Two short years. If we knew that a particular major life goal that we could either work hard at for two years, or not work at it and it never happen, yeah, I can wait two years. If I had known it would take this long at the beginning, though ... I'm glad I didn't.

I hope I can be the hope for others that others were for me. I still have my inspiration picture from an MDA poster, and I'm still using it for inspiration, because I'm still not there! Still got some tweaks to make in health and some of those pesky places I never had fat before (like behind my hips, weird)...

We all have our broken, and we all have our healing. I pray all of you have the health that is your birthright!

16. agatha

agatha New Member

Awsome photo history Mamagrok - you look great.

17. Lyndra

Lyndra Gold

I just went back and re-read this whole thread and found inspiration. I'm feeling a bit down since I succumbed to sweets (GF cake for a friend's birthday, then GF cookies). I know to get back on the wagon and focus the willpower where it will do the most good. One bite is all it takes - so true for me. Thanks for sharing.

18. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

One bite really does do it, but don't get too down, Lyndra - did you binge, or did you just eat them? Even if you binged, you didn't binge on *true* crap. Celebrate "better than before" as you move your way to "best"!

My update: I'm now at the weight I was before conceiving, three babies ago. (I always knew it wasn't "baby weight," since no baby needs me to get fat thighs when they're already fat, lol, but also because I always started gaining again *before* the next conception.)

19. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Thanks, MamaGrok. I needed that. You are right, you have to exert your willpower to eat that 50g.

Thank you for the inspiration, I've been slacking on that part. The one week I really upped the protein/fat, that week I lost weight. Now I've been settling down to a more "reasonable" breakfast, and the weight is sticking.

-Sally

20. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

That's true. I think a lot of us aren't really binging anymore, in the true sense of the word, and when we *do* indulge, it's with better crap. :)

When I'm bad, it's with darkish chocolate and nuts, or sometimes, *gasp!* fruit. Heh, much, MUCH better than a few years ago!

But I'll start stuffing in the protein and fat again, and watch the scale relax a bit.

Hey, I've been moving my CT baths to nightime, and I noticed last night that my belly fat had GREATLY diminished! This morning it was back to normal, however. But I'm still excited. Wow that was so inspiring! Guess the muscles or skin was tense or something. This is such an amazing process!