1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Baseline labs: HDL and TSH are high

Discussion in 'Optimal Labs' started by Lisa Norton, Sep 14, 2021.

1. Lisa Norton

Lisa Norton Silver

Hi All,

I just got my baseline lab results. Feedback or insights welcome.

HDL is higher than normal for me. Still waiting for my 23andme results.

TSH is high. I have Hashimoto's but I stopped taking Armour Thyroid years ago.

Labcorp SARS-CoV2 antibody test came back negative which surprised me because I thought I had it in December 2019.

Attached Files:

2. JanSz

JanSz Gold

DHEA SULFATE =36 NORMAL (8-188) mcg/dL---------------low(50mg/day DHEA pills)
    CORTISOL, TOTAL 13.9 NORMAL mcg/dL--------------------highish
    SODIUM 137 NORMAL 135-146 mmol/L----------------------lowish
    T3, FREE 2.5 NORMAL 2.3-4.2 pg/mL-----------------------lowish
    urinePH 7.5 NORMAL 5.0-8.0--------------------------???maybe high (sodium???+potassium???, get potassium RBC)
    TRIGLYCERIDES 78 NORMAL <150 mg/dL-----------------ok
    TSH 52.28 HIGH 0.40-4.50 mIU/L----------------------------------(lugols + selenium)(wonder how pituitary acts with other hormones it produce)
    VITAMIN D, 25-OH, TOTAL 58 NORMAL 30-100 ng/mL----------(not bad but should be much higher)(sun+ 10000iu/day, get it to 100)
    ----------
    https://www.walkinlab.com/products/view/potassium-rbc-blood-test

CHOLESTEROL, TOTAL 346 HIGH <200 mg/dL

Do not take statins.
    When your DHEAs gets higher, it may fall some.
    All steroid, vit D and other hormones are made off cholesterol.
    Body sensing low hormones is trying to provide building material for them.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
    Sara S and John Schumacher like this.
  3. Lisa Norton

Lisa Norton Silver

@JanSz thank you so much for this interpretation! I really appreciate you sharing your from your experience and wisdom :)

Sara S likes this.
  4. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Thank you.
    But please remember that I am not a doctor (of any kind).

You may learn lots of good information if you would do these tests (periodically, say once every 6 months) at
    Spectracell.com

Micronutrient Test
    Lipoprotein Particle Profile (LPP®)

and once in the lifetime:

Last edited: Sep 17, 2021
    Lisa Norton likes this.
  5. Lisa Norton

Lisa Norton Silver

will do, Jan, thanks for sharing

6. JanSz

JanSz Gold

7. Dr. Marcus Ettinger

Dr. Marcus Ettinger Platinum Member

This is not medical advice. It's what I do daily. I designed my protocol to provide a bit more sodium, potassium, and magnesium than the average person may need because I exercise daily.

I generally suggest people take 5,000 mg of sodium (Baja Gold Sea Salt [USA) Celtic Sea Salt [rest of the world], 1,200 mg potassium (potassium bicarbonate [1tsp]), and 300-450 mg magnesium each day in addition to food. I believe these are reasonable dosages for fasting days too.

Is five grams of sodium high? Isn’t salt bad for your heart? Not according to a 2011 paper published in the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA). In this large cohort study, people excreting (consuming) 5 grams of sodium per day had fewer heart attacks and strokes than those consuming the government-recommended limit of 2.3 grams. Five grams of sodium was the sweet spot.

A gram of daily potassium is only about ⅕ of the RDI, but should stabilize potassium levels. To me, this is needed by just about everyone, except those on potassium-sparing medications or with Addison's disease. Even on a potassium-rich diet, we don't get enough. Just ask Jan :)

Potassium spares sodium, so low sodium like 139 or below, may be because of low sodium or potassium intake or adrenal cortical hypofunction.

Finally, 300 mg magnesium will meet "basic" requirements.

8. Lisa Norton

Lisa Norton Silver

Thank you Dr. Marcus! I am supplementing these but clearly not enough. I have been slowly tapering off mineral supplementation in an effort to allow my natural signals to correct themselves. Is there a risk of suppressing or interfering with adrenal cortical function? How do you think about this dance between intervening and allowing?

9. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Do you like ballroom dancing?
    My late DW was a professional ballerina.
    ------------

10. Lisa Norton

Lisa Norton Silver

Oh, I'm sorry for your loss Jan. Classical ballet is way out of my league but yes I love to dance ;-)

11. Dr. Marcus Ettinger

Dr. Marcus Ettinger Platinum Member

If we lived in the Garden of Eden there would be no need to supplement. We live in EMF, microscopic plastic, xenoestrogen, glyphosate hell. I will never stop my electrolytes.

12. Lisa Norton

Lisa Norton Silver

Got it. :glasses: I'm on it - and thanks again for your help!