1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Barbados vs Fuerteventura

Discussion in 'The New Monster Thread' started by healthy2015, Jul 20, 2020.

1. Hi
    Im after peoples thought on where would be the best place to move to for myself, husband and 3 year old, as we are currently in the UK.
    All of us need to heal with many issues but wondered which area would be best to live?

Barbados is in the tropics so has a strong sun all year round, but it also has a high population density?

Fuerteventura is at the 28th latitude so not in tropics but has a relatively low population density?

These 2 areas are our only options due to work so places like cancun in Mexio are not a option for us at present.

What are peoples thoughts on which place would be the best for us all to heal?

Michael CULLEN likes this.
  2. caroline

caroline Moderator

My understanding is that Barbados is a huge hub for telecommunications etc.

healthy2015 likes this.
  3. Michael CULLEN

Michael CULLEN New Member

Barbados is hotter than balls.

Go where you can get a place with no direct neighbours. More garden/land the better.

healthy2015 likes this.
  4. Thanks Caroline
    Do you think the emfs would outweigh the benefits of the stronger sun?

5. caroline

caroline Moderator

You would really need to check it out before you make any decisions.

From what I remember ....Barbados is somewhat of a tax haven and a lot of big tech companies relocated there.

It has been about 15-20 years since I have been there. There was a ton of crime, probably petty crime ...but crime is crime in my view.

A girl used to work for us whose Mother was born in Barbados. Even tho they had a house in a compound [gated etc] crime was still a very big issue.

All of the Caribbean is home to a lot of drug trafficking. My personal knowledge is about the Bahamas and it was a great place for tourists ...but there is an ugly underbelly that you learn about when you have Bahamian friends.

These are places you may not want to raise your child?

What about closer to home? Emma Sabin is in Ibiza and Lilly Antic is somewhere there too.

Sue [forum] Is making it work in England but also goes to Fuerteventura periodically when she needs sun. There a few people from the forum making it work in England.

John Schumacher and healthy2015 like this.
  6. Thankyou for the information regarding the Caribbean Caroline
    We did consider the balearic islands but from what i understand this may not be far enough south as myself, husband and child all have issues that we need to reverse so think we are going to see how we do in Fuerteventura.
    It isnt quite in the tropics which is why we considered barbados to heal as that is at the 13th latitude but like yyou say crime maybe an issue which is a shame as we love the island.

England i think is a no no because of the lack of sun for many months of the year, the upcoming 5g and the its already a densely populated island and only going to get worse.
    Hopefully Fuerteventura will be far enough south at the 28th latitude as population density wise its not even in the top 100 countries and we have now been offered a villa!

caroline and John Schumacher like this.
  7. Daulatwant

Daulatwant Kipras