1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Banana Bread??

Discussion in 'Epi-Paleo Recipes' started by caroline, Jan 12, 2013.

1. caroline

caroline Moderator

I just made a banana bread from Abel James' site. It was quite nice - maybe not as great as he says - but he is a guy! I was looking for things to make because my grandsons were coming for the weekend and I have decided not to participate in their unhealthy eating anymore. They are very healthy and very active but I want to see them stay this way..... so I bought lots of fruit [in season here] and dark chocolate and this banana bread ....they loved it and ate quite alot of it. If anyone wants it I am happy to post it...

2. vlynnb

vlynnb Gold

Yes, I want it. Dealing with my grandchildren's usual diets graciously is a big problem for me. I have one set of grandchildren who live just downstairs from me so we eat together often. Another set I take care of on a regular basis in their home as their mother is on chemotherapy right now and I would really like to help all of them eat better but it is so hard to facilitate any change.

3. janagram

janagram New Member

I need that recipe also!! (another grandma)

4. Coriander

Coriander Silver

Is this it?

http://archive.aweber.com/fatburningman/OqeQs/h/The_Best_Banana_Bread_of_Your.htm

5. caroline

caroline Moderator

Banana Bread recipe

4 ripe bananas - mine were kind of average size I think [this is aways a problem with banana bread recipes -they should specify weight]

4 eggs

1/2 cup Almond butter or cashew butter

4 TBSP GF butter

1 tsp vanilla

mix all above together well in a cuisinart or some such appliance

mix together all the following dry ingredients and then add to wet stuff and mix well

1/2 cup of almond flour

1 tsp each of baking soda and baking powder

1 pinch of sea salt

1 TBSP cinnamon
    [could fold in some chopped nuts if you want]

grease a 5" x9" loaf tin

add mixture and smooth and then bake at 350 for about 45 minutes if using a metal tin ...maybe 60 min if using glass [or someone on his site made muffins]

This goes together really, really fast and doesn't seem to be tempermental at all. I bet it freezes beautifully too

I am so impressed with my self - I have been having a lot of brain fog this past year or so and it turns out I remembered this recipe with no problem and I have only made it once!! If that isn't a win I don't know what is!!!! thanks yet again to J.K.[​IMG]

If I wasn't explicit enuf please let me know!

6. caroline

caroline Moderator

YES .... now why couldn't I do that!!!

7. Braden

Braden New Member

I manage regularly in their house as their mom is on radiation treatment right now and I would really like to help all of them eat better but it is so difficult to accomplish any modify.

8. caroline

caroline Moderator

Has any one tried the banana bread? It does freeze beautifully I just cut it into 4 pieces and double wrap. I have had some a few times now and have no issues with it at all - but it is summer here. It is such a nice treat.... especially toasted and with lashings of butter!! yummo! and enuf fat to be filling.....

9. caroline

caroline Moderator

Please let me know how you like it ....It is so good toasted with huge slabs of butter!

10. Sandra

Sandra New Member

YUM - I'm going to give this a go, probably even today ... bananas have been over-ripening for a few days now!

11. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Aww man! Plz remind me about this in about 6 months...

12. caroline

caroline Moderator

I will mark it on my calendar!

13. Sandra

Sandra New Member

Just made this and it's goooooooood :)

14. caroline

caroline Moderator

now you have me thinking..... I was going to make myself some for Christmas and never got around to it - going shopping tomorrow!

Glad you liked it ;) I may have to come for breakfast tomorrow!

15. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Thank you for posting. I will make this for a paleo friend I am slowwwly educating all the while educating myself too