1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Baking Soda - Alkalizing - crazy or valid ? Mercola

Discussion in 'The Cave' started by Jackie Nelson, Sep 12, 2021.

1. Jackie Nelson

Jackie Nelson New Member

I recently heard Dr. Joe Mercola say that testing urine Ph was significant and that if it was below 7, you could
    just put about 1/2 a tsp of baking soda in water (I add stevia for taste) and drink on a regular basis until the ph came
    up to 7. This surprised me because others say that it lessens stomach acid and that's not good for digestion. But drinking fizzy soda water sometimes does seem to be helpful (except for the plastic bottles it comes in).

About 20 years ago I read the Ph Miracle book by Dr. Robert Young ... who can sound a bit whacky ... but some of his
    ideas make sense (except he shuns eggs and meat, which doesen't suit me). But drinking greens, at that time. did
    seem to improve my health. I got tired of green drinks and eventually gave them up. Bizarre how many things I've tried over 65 years.

I remember talking to an endocrinologist at a diabetes conference (am an RN) and he said "everyone
    is a little bit correct" ... maybe not 100% true ... some people are totally bonkers :), but that line stuck with me.

At present, am drinking warm broth water with small amount of baking soda, bit of sea salt, magnesium and stevia (for taste only) ... feel good doing this, really energized, but who knows how long it will last!

Will soon try the molecular hydrogen water too ... all just experimentation. Interest never ends ... until the line in the sand.

Oncologists says that cancer is caused by fungus and treats it with sodium bicarbonate:

This is simplistic, but maybe some truth to it:

Good luck everyone!

Last edited: Sep 13, 2021
    caroline likes this.
  2. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Those who have a GERD try
    potassium bicarbonate
    ---------------------------------------
    GERD
    Gastroesophageal reflux disease, is a chronic condition in which stomach contents rise up into the esophagus, resulting in either symptoms or complications. Symptoms include the taste of acid in the back of the mouth, heartburn, bad breath, chest pain, regurgitation, breathing problems, and wearing away of the teeth.
    ---------------------------------------
    But if you have doubts, do this test:

potassium RBC

https://www.walkinlab.com/products/view/potassium-rbc-blood-test

and make sure to not confuse it with
    potassium serum
    that is part of
    Comprehensive Metabolic Panel (CMP 14)

//////////////////////////////////////////////
    We are, our bodies are built over millions of years.
    In the last 10 thousand years, we figured a large food source, agriculture.
    That drastically changed, reduced, amount of potassium that we consume.

//////////////////////////////////////////////
    There is also another point of view.
    It is about what is called n=1
    Which is that health problems are problems of individual person.
    That is a nice idea but in my opinion, sometimes it may be taken too far.
    There are many health problems that affect a large population and they should be generalized.
    This time it may be about potassium.
    But when you see whole industries being build around some idea (that hurts large segments of population), it is definitely high time to stop using the n=1,
    and not bringing serious hospital cases in its defense (unless it is discussion about that person lying in the ER bed).

Last edited: Sep 13, 2021
    Jackie Nelson likes this.