1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Bad news: caught a cold. Good news: biohack!

Discussion in 'Biohacking 101' started by nonchalant, Jan 11, 2015.

1. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Wow, first cold in years! I blame the move. Once we were finally moved, the sun stayed behind clouds for 2 days. Throat, nose, ears, and lungs all involved. Once the sun re-appeared, I felt pretty good during the day. Then an hour or two before sunset, I would start feeling the cold temps. I would huddle around the fire, and when I went to the cold bed, I Did Not Shiver for my usual 5-10 minutes, though I still warmed up almost as well as usual. I never realized how much energy shivering takes.

A few hours before sunrise, all hell broke loose, thanks very much, Cortisol! But once the sun rose, the constant throat-clearing and coughing would stop and I'd start feeling good. After some sun bathing, I could garden, chop wood, even CT. But then in the afternoon I'd feel chilled, and the cycle repeated.

So how do I get more energy at night? Sun is gone, carbs and blue light are unacceptable. I'd been drinking water constantly already. Magnetico as always. IR light is great for chasing chills, but that's about it. I was using my tensegrity technique of firmly stroking my skin with the fingers to help me sleep, but my sleep was still disturbed often. I noticed that tensegrity seemed to help with the throat-clearing though. I was encouraged, and tried something a little stronger, using the backs of the fingernails. Woah! Very effective! See this post: http://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/top-ten-tensegrity-tips.12579/

Twice I was able to stop coughing fits just with my fingernails. Amazing. So I am grateful for whatever bit me. Oh, I must confess, I ate a few slices of red bell pepper DH offered me. That gave me a scratchy throat right away, since they are out of season. Whatever bug was around saw the opportunity and grabbed it pronto. The scratchy throat never went away, and progressed into the illness.

I'm good now, but for the last couple nights I still only shiver a tiny bit when getting into that cold bed. I really miss it, because shivering puts me to sleep very quickly.

Kristi Lambert likes this.
  2. Inger

Inger Silver

You might have caught the bugs from Nicole..... lol
    Maybe the bell peppers were not organic and your body wanted to get rid of the poison right away? ;)

I will try your finger trick :)

nicld likes this.
  3. Jude

Jude Gold

Nothing like moving to bring on a little stress eh:eek:.. Glad you had the rx down pat!:)
    What's this cold bed you mention?...Guess it's my almost permanently warm environment that can't envision beds that are really cold??? Good to have you back on board..missed you!

4. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Thanks, Jude. I've missed everyone so much, but I thought about you all every day. In fact, I have seen the title of the new blog, and I wonder if that is where I got my new idea about the smoke ring vision effects I've seen lately. The coincidence of thinking something only to find it recently posted on this website happens often enough that it is no longer weird.

In our new home, the wood stove is at the other end of the house from the bedroom. We turn on ceiling fans and such to augment the natural flow of air but the bedroom is quite a bit cooler. The bed sheets feel like they have been stored in the refrigerator. :)

5. caroline

caroline Moderator

I love cold sheets! So glad that you are back!

Don't forget ....please start a journal!!!~ we need to know how your country life is impacting both of you :D

6. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Ohhhh.....Do I hafta? Cold, dark and boring, that's me....

7. nicld

nicld Gold

Oh I hope not because this is not fun. I did a bunch of CT this weekend and drank a bunch of tea in hopes of boosting the immunity to get rid of this stuff.