1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

BACK TO SCHOOL IDEAS: WiFi and ARTIFICIAL LIGHT

Discussion in 'Optimal Kids' started by Jack Kruse, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

http://medicalxpress.com/news/2015-08-evidence-kids-headaches-back-to-school.html

These kids are not getting in enough SN-2 DHA and being bombarded with nnEMF and blue light all day long. The result? Dehydrated cells and loss of DHA from tissues. Their brains are more sensitive than adults which results in more frequent headaches and migraines. Headaches are now common in back to school times because of the combination of wiFi and artificial light. They affect surfaces of the eyes and the skin. Get your kids skin covered in class and consider getting them partial blue blockers like Gunnar's or Jin's. Monitor their sleep. The worse it gets the more these kids will develop skin conditions, stomach aches, asthma, migraines. Artificial light in combination with WiFI will alters ubiquitin proteins in your kid. What are you missing about ubiquitination? The energy contained within the wave (light or electromagnetic wave) is the only thing that determines an electromagnetic radiations power. That power is translated for biology by a protein called ubiquitin. Ubiquitin is a gear like protein to the circadian clocks in all of us. Time manifests or disappears based upon that fundamental interaction of light on atoms on our surfaces: eye, skin, and gut. When this occurs the next step to look for is altered sleep and expect to see a drop in your child's cortisol levels. This is rarely checked by docs but you can check it yourself via sales in an at home test. If you see an abnormal result you will then know your kids are heading to learning issues at school and altered hormone panels. Why? CORTISOL. Altered cortisol leads to lowered oxygen levels in your blood. We call this pseudohypoxia. What does pseudohypoxia mean to our hormone panel? The cost of a high aerobic capacity is low fertility so that we can maintain our cortisol pathways from LDL and Vitamin A as I mentioned the Hormone 101 blog. This is why so many teens have altered sex hormones and why infertility is exploding in young people. This is why the pregnenolone steal syndrome exists. Cortisol over sex steroids is due to the use of oxygen as the terminal electron acceptor in human mitochondria. So when cortisol drops chronically this tells you that your environment is not allowing you to effectively utilize oxygen in your mitochondria as a terminal electron acceptor. What does that mean in english? It means your ubiquitination levels are raised and your mitochondria are pseudohypoxic. This means you are using other gases to perform the tasks that oxygen used to when your environment was more optimized. This causes us to use too much NO, H2S, and CO. These are sub-optimal choices and this leads to altered cortisol and overall hormone panels. All these changes lead to a lack of catalase in cells and altered UV light light release in cells (too much) and all these sequential changes fuel this low fertility and a low cortisol. When you begin to read all the details of the ubiquitin series you will see how pseudohypoxia plays into every mechanism of disease we have in biology and medicine and then you will see this is the huge problem our environment creates and it alters the optical non linear communication pathways between the mitochondria and nucleus. Total failure of these optical pathways lead to many chronic with time. Other disease can manifest prior to the total failure of the energy pathways. You can stop this by understanding how protecting your skin and eyes are. Getting your kids AM sunlight and feeding them DHA laden eggs really helps. Share this info to other parents. These are simple things you can do to protect our kids.

2. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

JAck

Why are gunnars and Jin's better than Bluetechs? my kids are asking for glasses to keep the lights from bothering them...

3. nicld

nicld Gold

My guess is Gunnars and Jin's are cheaper and non prescription. My BluTechs were expensive and prescription but I do see that they do make them for non prescription lenses as well.

4. cantweight

cantweight Gold

Spoke at length with the kids today about how we are going to approach this school year and so far these are the ideas we have come up with....

All waking at 6:30 for a jump in the pool...we will keep it open until freezing become a risk...late novemeber.

A quick swim and as much time in the sun/grounding as we can get followed by protein heavy breakfast

Long sleeve apparel and either gunnars or something similar during class time

After school a DHA snack...sardines, smoked salmon, roe, etc. and grounding perhaps red light at this time....have to investigate that timing.

As luck would have it they all have soccer/field hockey practice between 6-8 pm so a nice stretch of evening sun and exercise 3 nights a week.

As a bonus my husband and I are thinking of rewarding positive behaviors with money....a dollar per serving of seafood eaten, dollar per CT, etc. (wish someone would do that for me...lol!)

Its not anything new to us but its to the next level with a next level understanding as well.

*I thought this was pretty awesome....my daughter did not make her high school volleyball team, she worked really hard for this and was initially heart broken. That same day we happened to run into a friend who told us about field hockey and immediately got her on the team. Her reaction was that the universe was saving her from an inside sport played in artificial light at night and therefore keeping her circadian rhythm intact.....awesome right???

5. nicld

nicld Gold

Great game plan....you got this mama bear :)

cantweight likes this.
  6. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Love it Christi.

I need to get the kids in long sleeves... when school starts... going to be tough b/c the kids have basically been running around with very few clothes... Guess I'm investing in some tights for chaos... HAvoc loves button downs...

Do Gunner's have kids sizes??? that's probably the only reason we're getting the bluetechs - the kids have such little faces... want them to have something that they can wear that won't be a PITA for them... KWIM??

cantweight likes this.
  7. cinnamon

cinnamon Gold

Maybe go for the layered look? If you put a long-sleeved shirt or a light hoodie over a short-sleeved shirt or tank top, then maybe the kids can easily slip it off to expose themselves to some natural light outside during recess or lunch?

nicld likes this.
  8. Scompy

Scompy Gold

We've done an 'Earning Box' for a long time now and it has worked great to change and alter behaviors. Certain behavior changes are worth 1 or more marbles. I do 10 marbles being worth a $10 object on average (about$1/marble). I'm considering larger items for the Earning Box marked with a high Marble-value on the front... like a big Lego box that has a "30-Marbles" on it, so it's more enticing. :)

Jason Spy likes this.
  9. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I did this with my son......not daughter cause they are wired differently

Scompy likes this.
  10. Nittygrittydanny

Nittygrittydanny New Member

When I worked as an operations foreman at an elemetary school the head bitch (principle) wanted every floresent light working in every class. The school was OLD, you could hear the hum as you walked in the door. 20+ fixtures with 4 bulbs each in every class room and the hallways were lit like an airport. Not a day went by I didn't replace bulbs.

She wondered why there was always kids in her office for discipline reasons??? Forest Gumps mom had a good saying!!!

Shijin13 likes this.
  11. Scompy

Scompy Gold

Yeah, "there's a hammer made for every fluorescent bulb made..." The cool lighting ain't cool at all.

Shijin13 likes this.
  12. JMO

JMO Gold

Purses, shoes and clothes are incentives to work towards for the girls....lol. it works!

Scompy likes this.
  13. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

I'd totally let the kids do this but hoodies aren't allowed to be worn in school - SRSLY WTF???

however, the kids are getting bluetech glasses. They'll have them before school starts on the 31st. took both kids to the eye doc - and they're both farsighted (I forget how bad there reading vision is but the ophthalmologist told me the worse they are now, the less chance they'd have in becoming near sighted. She also liked that I was actively seeking the bluetechs for the kids to wear in school... She said more parents should be getting the bluetechs but don't b/c of cost, even though the cost of them will end up saving them money down the road preventing further purchases of glasses)

WHOOT got an eye Doc who get's blue light.

14. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

I'm doing something similar with Chaos.... If she can get home from school and do her homework at after care and have it done before I pick her up - for 4 weeks straight she'll get a new magic tree house book.... going to give her one to start off the school year - and she can earn a new one every four weeks.

Havoc will need a different reward system... and it will mostly like be him trying to catch up to Chaos.... I fully expect him to be reading at her level by the end of kinder.... b/c he wants to do what she's doing....

Scompy likes this.
  15. Scompy

Scompy Gold

Havoc and Chaos? You're brilliant.

michellehp likes this.
  16. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

the names have been changed to protect the innocent online... :)

Scompy likes this.
  17. Scompy

Scompy Gold

Been listening to this podcast this moring:

Like I've mentioned, I'm going to get active about it at my son's private school if I find there are great stresses there. Last year, he was getting sick way too frequently throughout the year. Fluorescences are the obvious issue, but I have no idea what the EMF is at this point.

18. Found these super cute and affordable blue-blockers for my girls: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00G0578BS?vs=1

Keep in mind my kids are not on screens very much at this stage (minimal TV or computer time at home, 20-30 min/day at school), and they are prone to breaking things, so an affordable option is more desirable than the perfect blue blocking solution.

Edited to add: I woke up realizing that although the kids have minimal screen time, they are indoors under flourescent lighting all day:-(

Last edited: Sep 25, 2015
    NaturalHealthForLife, Jude and Scompy like this.
  19. Jude

Jude Gold

@Shijin13
    Hey Gretchen :)would you post the glasses you've decided to get for your kids please:) sending links to dil!

20. NadoRo

NadoRo New Member

Are you using these glasses for school or in the evening after sunset? My son has taken to wearing an old pair of Uvex at bed time and it has helped his time to sleep, but they are too big for his face. Has anyone found amber/red glasses cheap and small enough for kid use? The Jin's cut 50% blue light, but I want more than that, obviously, at night time. Followed the link provided by thisbirdhaswings, but I can't tell how much blue light they would cut.