1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Back on the Forum

Discussion in 'Meet and Greet' started by Celeste, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Celeste

Celeste New Member

Hi everyone,
    I was on the forum about a year ago. I thought I had a pretty healthy lifestyle, raw paleo mostly. Then I fell and had a wrist break. That is how I first connected with Jack Kruse. Actually there were two other connections. Ingrid had also been on a raw paleo forum I used to frequent and got me curious. Also I had met Patrick at the raw food pick up spot and he told me about Jack. When I was here last, I did not have... correction make time to listen to the podcasts. Now I listen at work and have gone through a few. Things I am doing:
    • wear blue blockers at night, unless driving.
    • wear computer glasses at work during the day. It is the main part of my work.
    • eat before sundown. Sometimes eat after and feel it when I'm lapse. So I'm doing this now most of the time.
    • Eating seafood 50% of my meals. Raw grassfed bison (organ & muscle) for the rest.
    • For veggies, eating fermented, cucumber with seafood in ceviche, some salad. Am experimenting with not doing green juicing for now (just started).
    • For fats - coconut oil, avocado w/seafood, grassfed butter about 1 TBS/day.
    • Celtic salt, dulse flakes.
    • Have done a little CT face dunking and cold showers.
    • Go periodically to Glen Ivy hot springs, they have a cold pool.
    • Do QiGong everymorning barefoot in the bareyard on the DG.
    • Take a drink of water (R/O w/ Terramin clay) that I keep in a glass jug under an oak tree right after Qi Gong.
    Things I need to work on:
    • Need to figure our a good source of inexpensive water.
    • Thinking of going to the Korean Spa nearby for cold pools, sauna. There is also one hot spring in the middle of LA.
    • Continue to read and listen to learn more.
    I am getting the titanium plate removed next week. I had to have an xray as pre-op and started using chlorella. Heard about the cruise. That must have been awesome!

2. caroline

caroline Moderator

Welcome back Celeste! so - the titanium plate was a problem?

3. Penny

Penny New Member

I wear the blue blockers while driving at night - it's awesome:)

4. Celeste

Celeste New Member

Thanks Caroline. Yes, there is a enough imflamation in the joint to cause me concern. While I don't like having surgery, I like the idea of living with the plate for the rest of my life, with the impact it may be having even less. Also a bump on the bone on the back of my hand, may just be scar tissue. Restriction in movement.

Hi Penny. I was concerned about that due to what Jack said about it possbily causing sleepiness. I'll take them with me to the store at night. The lights are blaring in there.

Haha. I just noticed I had written bareyard instead of backyard. While that might be good for me, I don't think my neighbors would understand.

5. Celeste

Celeste New Member

One of the areas I really want to focus on is water. In Los Angeles, what is my best bet for good relatively inexpensive water?

6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

The world around you as a minefield of electromagnetic, chemical, and blue light smog and an assault on your senses, and you still can't observe it but your mitochondria do. I'm sure that it literally steals joy as it shreds DHA, cellular hydration, and circadian timing. No wonder so many people in that city are so bad tempered.

Curves and b612 like this.
  8. So to be really really clear this IS a joke..............but it struck me as funny

9. Celeste

Celeste New Member

Thanks Jack. Eventually that could happen. I have two years left until I retire. And can then focus on private practice anywhere. I have a son and his wife in the Bay area. Also my fiance is from Rhode Island with family still there. In the meantime though, is it okay to drink alkaline RO water from the water store? I also just saw glass bottles of Mountain Valley Spring water from Arkansas. They also are now offering an E2 water that is supposed to be negatively charged. Hmmm. What is better?

We are getting married in two weeks about, so am very focused on that. But after, would like to start some of the testing. My fiance does functional medicine as an acupuncturist and can do a lot of the testing you recommend.

10. Celeste

Celeste New Member

Hi Patrick,
    Good to see you here again! A comrade in a fallen city.

11. Celeste

Celeste New Member

Also am thinking of buying a pair of the grounding sandals. We hike every week. I've also seen grounding shoes by Pluggz. Would that be bad to wear in a city?

12. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Bay area is worse than LA and the NE corridor is not close to good.

13. thomas

thomas Sun Worshipper

We should make a map of areas to avoid.[​IMG]
    Actually.. It probably would ressemble this.. Darker is better.

Celeste likes this.
  14. Celeste

Celeste New Member

Interesting photo Thomas. Is that a night photo, or just a representation? That white blob is probably LA.

15. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

not probably.......it is.

16. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

and it is a night time photo

17. SeaHorse

SeaHorse Gold

Congratulations!

Celeste likes this.
  18. jackware

jackware Kama'aina

Plenty of wilds in the mountains of CA and to the North. You don't have to go too far. Not to mention all the fresh water up there in those beautiful mountains.

Celeste likes this.
  19. Yes Celeste we are arnt we? About grounding shoes I found a guy who makes sandals for me with only leather soles. I like them very much would hardly wear anything else. I usually wear them until there are actual holes in them then I get 'real' grounding lol. When Jack was in LA he was saying he was the only one with leather soles...........I told him I could do one better with actual holes! Always 'competitive' that's me (un-fortunately )

Brother John and Celeste like this.
  20. Speaking of a 'fallen city' reminds me of this song called "Fallen Angel" and ironically it's about young girl going TO Los Angeles. That was in the '80's when lots of people flocked here now it's time to leave it seems.............before it is too late............

nicld likes this.