1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Back fat, and heavy in the hips and thighs

Discussion in 'Adrenal Rx and Leaky Gut Rx' started by Llanabanana, Jun 7, 2012.

1. Holly

Holly New Member

Wow. Thank you for weighing in on this. Its good to know.

2. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

I think O6 helps the blood clot iirc from Dr. K.'s blog.

3. AH HA...dear Watson...well, I do eat salmon every day but sounds like I need MORE...I'll watch out for the nosebleeds. Thanks for tip ;)

4. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

I wouldn't say the *fish* gave me the nosebleeds maybe rather a very committed desire to get well... lol. ANs are perfectionists ya' know. Tell me to do something and I will do it exactly that way. Yep. Fish is brain food therefore I eat fish. Until my nose bleeds....

So, yes, it was too much o3, at least that's my best guess for now. Still getting small bleeds everyday but I'm thinking the 03/06 ratio will take a little while to adjust. I have re-incorporated meat into my diet :eek:

5. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

Vitamin K, too.

6. 2bls

2bls New Member

I'm pretty sure I need the Epi Paleo solution but I can't tolerate eating fish or seafood(raised inland eating no fish at all) will Krill Oil be enough to get me the O3 I need? I would take several thousand mg if needed.

7. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

Iirc I think he told someone that it's ok, but shellfish is definitely the way to go.

8. Let go of your tastes. They will change with your health. Following tastes means doritoes - those taste great!

Eat one shrimp. Next day two.....

9. Zorica Vuletic

Zorica Vuletic New Member

I do NOT need a bigger butt. I'm assuming though that it's regulatory, meaning it controls for people with not enough butt, but ends up correcting those with too big of a butt...

Love my seafood and especially since the BG series...but please if there's a God in a universe, I don't need a bigger butt!

10. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

IGF-1 deficiency is how you get a Kardashian behind.......not good.

11. txgirl

txgirl New Member

What does it do to your butt? I have the flattest butt! HaHa

12. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

Me too! I need some help.

13. Zorica Vuletic

Is IGF-1 deficiency caused by lack/insufficiency of Human Growth hormone or it's own deficiency? How does one test for this, direct IGF-1 levels or HGH?

Btw, this explains A LOT!

14. quelsen

quelsen New Member

wait i have a hereditary bubble butt.

kids called me bubble butt in grade school

it was really disproportionate.

are you saying it was lacking that hormone even as a child under 10?

15. tweety

tweety New Member

I have been considering this too. I have a terrible IGF1 level, even worse considering my age. And I have always had bad body comp. flabby belly, no bum. I am thinking some is hereditary, bcs other family members were built similarly. But the stress of the mom during pregnancy and her health and hormones has to factor in too, right? If she was deficient, baby is going to be deficient.

Interestingly, I was deep in CW during my pregnancies, and neither of my children have the issues I do. Thank God! But I still am cautious about what may be underneath, just not showing physically.

16. Zorica Vuletic

Quote taken from Ask Jack re: IGF-1 deficiency. I asked about testing IGF-1 directly. Also, it was because of this thread that Jack mentioned a Kardashian behind is from IGF-1 deficiency.

IGF1 is the best way to test or you can use that is safe in my opinion. The DEA is forcing manufactures to push physicians to get patients to do Stimulation testing but those test can carry some risk. Moreover, they are difficult to find a place who is willing to do them.

GH stimulation tests help to diagnose GH deficiency and hypopituitarism. For a stimulation test, a sample of blood is drawn after 10-12 hours of fasting. Then, under close medical supervision, a person is given an intravenous solution of insulin or arginine. Blood samples are then drawn at timed intervals, and GH levels are tested in each to see if the pituitary gland was stimulated by the insulin (or arginine) to produce expected levels of GH. Other GH stimulants include clonidine and glucagon.

GH suppression tests help to diagnose GH excess, which, in addition to other blood tests and imaging scans, can help identify and locate pituitary tumors. For a suppression test, a sample of blood is drawn after 10-12 hours of fasting. A person is then given a standard glucose solution to drink. Blood samples are drawn at timed intervals, and GH levels are tested in each to see if the pituitary gland is sufficiently suppressed by the dose of glucose.

Often other blood tests that reflect pituitary function, such as free T4, TSH, cortisol, FSH, LH, and testosterone (in men), are also ordered. These tests are usually performed prior to GH testing to make sure that they are normal and/or controlled with medication before GH testing is done. For example, hypothryoidism must be treated prior to testing for GH deficiency in children; otherwise, a falsely low GH result may be seen. Glucose levels are run on the samples collected during the GH suppression test, both to track glucose levels and to make sure that the person's system is sufficiently challenged by the glucose solution.

Since exercise normally causes a temporary increase in GH levels, some doctors may perform an initial evaluation of growth hormone deficiency by measuring GH after someone exercises vigorously for a period of time.

As for Dairy........today's blog post should make my position clear on it.

17. Zorica Vuletic

Also....look up people with Laron syndrome. It is a primary IGF-1 deficiency. Not only are they short statured, you'll notice a very similar body composition. Interesting, yes?

Colostrum (from grass-fed cows) has IGF-1 as Souldanzer noted. Here's an article about Bovine Colostrum. It has so many things that Jack talks about...like gut lining from mother's milk (if breast fed, and if not that explains a lot of difficulty with people more than just leptin status).

http://www.newlifehealthsolutions.com/uncategorised/the-only-natural-source-of-igf-l-and-tgf-natures-most-powerful-anti-aging-substances

This is something I will look for, for myself too.

18. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

If you want IGF-1 check out Deer Velvet Antler (Surthrival brand and you'll pay for it).... way more than in colostrum. But I love colostrum for all it's other properties.

19. BJK77

BJK77 Gold

I have access to grass-fed, organic bovine colostrum, but I always thought Dr. K only recommended human colostrum. For some reason I can't bring myself to use human knowing there are so many babies brought into this world at such a disadvantage who desperately need it. I don't think I'd feel right knowing I was potentially taking it away from an ill child.

So, for those who use bovine do you think you've had benefits from it?

20. tweety

tweety New Member

Yes. I use it on my kids in the cold and flu season. My nephew is on it year round and it has significantly improved his asthma and lung troubles. (He's not paleo, but it still has health benefits.)