1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Back fat, and heavy in the hips and thighs

Discussion in 'Adrenal Rx and Leaky Gut Rx' started by Llanabanana, Jun 7, 2012.

1. Llanabanana

Llanabanana New Member

Ok, so I read somewhere, now can't find it.

When you carry back fat, that means cortisol is out of wack right?

And what about when you are hip and thigh heavy? What does that mean.

Thanks

2. I heard that with adrenal insufficiency there is a tendency toward a "poochy" stomach. Back fat could also be connected I just hadn't heard that. Also I thought that heavy hips and thighs (curvy on bottom!) is estrogen related. I'm not really sure about the latter but I do believe the pooch is correct.

3. Llanabanana

Llanabanana New Member

Thanks!!!

I knew it was somewhere!

4. Just reading Dr JohnLee's hormone book. He says excess fat around the hips, buttocks, and thighs is estrogen dominance. Excess Fat around middle is usually a sign of insulin resistance (too much sugar and refined carbs, too little exercise). A poochy tummy (which is different from weight gain around middle and different from saggy tummy caused by pregnancy) can be caused by excess cortisol (stres) and/or estrogen deficiency and/or constipation.

5. ealachan

ealachan New Member

What's the difference between a poochy tummy and weight gain around the middle? I have two very distinct areas of fat (well, more than two, but we're just talking abdomen right now, hahaha) - one above my waist and one below my waist. My actual waist is quite a lot smaller than my "upper belly", and my "lower belly" is lower, like around the widest part of my hips, 4-5" below my actual waist. I've also got really heavy thighs and a big butt, but I'm curious what my shape in the front might mean. Other than that I'm fat, of course...;)

6. I thought lower belly, below the waistline, was an adrenal issue. Wow, never heard the estrogen thing before...everybody's body is different but I have the lower belly thing and am estro dominant and don't have the constipation so my guess is my little belly is due to adrenals. Great info thanks!

7. I wondered about how he was differentiating between "poochy belly" and fat around middle. I am kind of assuming if you have love handles (like me) then you are fat around the middle. If I find any more clues in the book, I'll let you know!

8. Llanabanana

Llanabanana New Member

I have heavy thighs and so I was curious about the different fats meaning different things.

I also have the chunky back you know back wings or whatever you want to call them :O

Thanks for the info

Trying to see what else I might need to fix...its definately a process

9. Destiny

Destiny New Member

If I go by this description, then I have all three conditions mentioned here.

10. Holly

Holly New Member

Robb Wolf just had a guest on his most recent podcast discussing just these issues. If anyone is interested, here is the link http://robbwolf.com/2012/06/12/estrogen-brad-davidson-episode-136/

11. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

Anyone know if there's written version somewhere? I hate podcasts. I like the Cliff Notes. LOL It's so much faster to read something than to listen to a person ramble.

12. Lyndra

Lyndra Gold

I so agree. Only time I listen to podcasts is while I'm in the tub for CT. I really appreciate that Chris Kresser has transcriptions online.

13. tweety

tweety New Member

I struggle with this too. I have the fat around the waist, and definitely the love handles. But the only real fat I carry otherwise is around my rib cage and back. Other than that, no excess fat on butt, legs or arms. In fact, I would like to redirect some to my butt!

14. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

womens Butts need DHA/EPA..........Epi Paleo Solution. Do not forget this.

15. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

LOL.... may I add I think it works ;)

16. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I listened to the Wolf podcast with this guy Davidson and it is an embarrassment. This is an example of Paleo embracing quackery. This really concerns me when I see it........People need to judge the data from these so called experts correctly. I cant stand by this kind of thing for patients. Be careful about this woo........its why Paleo wont make in roads with modern medicine if this continues.

17. I need to hear more about this!!

18. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

fish, fish, seafood, fish, seafood, shrimp, oysters, mahi, salmon, sole, halibut, cod, shashimi, crab, lobster, sardines, herring, clams, orange roughy, mackerel, .... that's all I can come up with for right now. If you get 4 nosebleeds in one day, you've overdone it....

19. ealachan

ealachan New Member

It was the fish that gave you the nosebleeds? Too much Omega-3?