1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Baby Steps

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Jenelle, Feb 16, 2016.

1. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

Okay.

OKAY. :thumbsup:

I jumped on the fitbit bandwagon last July ~ curious about my sleep, mainly. What I found is that I actually sleep quite nicely. "Efficiency" in the range of 98-100%. Consistently.

Yes. Yes, people, I have worn this sonofabitch on my body to sleep pretty much every night since July. Why? I don't know... because I like the data?

After we got the puppy, I was like, "WOW... my sleep has gotten so much worse" ... But did I need a device to tell me that? Did I need a device to motivate me to get more sleep? No, not really.

I see that I am consistently getting more sleep now, and that's good ~ but again, do I need a device to tell me that? No. I can tell the difference in how I feel.

So Baby Step #10 is that I will take my fitbit OFF at night. And I will leave it far, far away from my body. As of today ~ no more tracking sleep data. It's pointless. Thanks to all for helping me see this. :)

2. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

Yes, I am going to keep numbering these, because I think it will be funny to see when I get to "Baby Step 273" ... or something like that. :thumbsup:

I've been here less than 2 weeks, and I feel like I've made a lot of progress already.

Putting this summary here for my own personal reflection:

1. tanning bed / increased light exposure
    2. forum participation / journal
    3. BAB / 50+ grams of protein
    4. shutting off power strips at night
    5. blue blocker glasses
    6. oysters / DHA every day
    7. reading Jack's book
    8. morning sun exposure with nothing on my eyes
    9. drinking more water
    10. fitbit OFF at night

The only one I feel like I need to improve on right now is #8. Some days it has been raining or snowing. Some days I am in the kitchen making breakfast for everyone, and I don't get out there as soon as I would like to (and sometimes not at all). I am mentally working on solutions for this.

3. lilreddgirl

lilreddgirl New Member

The way my personal EMF sensitivity manifested, my symptoms were way more pronounced when something was resonating... Speakerphone, Audio/video on computer, these at one time produced MUCH worse symptoms for me than EMF without loud projected sound. As I was improving, I went through a time where I could use the computer but if Audio/Video was on I would still have to leave the room. So I actually try to avoid speaker phone and use the regular phone mode instead. (Also I turn off Data and 3G [thats what my phone has] unless I really need to quickly use internet, as having those functions on also seems to really worsen symptoms).

Also Airplane mode still produced disturbing symptom causing EMF, only a little bit less than having phone on regular mode while not in use (and practical wise you also still are not going to have a record of missed calls). However turning phone OFF does not seem to produce EMF symptoms :)

Not sure if others' experience/symptoms would be similar, but the way I felt this stuff, and I felt it acutely, that's how it presented...

Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
    Cpt.Tired likes this.
  4. Scompy

Scompy Gold

Interesting note about Airplane mode. I wonder if Airplane mode also influences GPS tracking. Probably two independent features. My son experienced some really crazy stuff having my phone on in the carport 2 months ago because of his electrosensitivity when a message came in around 4am and woke him up due to the EMF (the cell was in silent mode). I'm thinking now I'm just going to get into the habit of turning off the phone completely during sleep cycles in case I make a mistake and don't switch it into airplane.

5. lilreddgirl

lilreddgirl New Member

I think it does turn off GPS but the thing about the newer phones is that they are still pretty strong electronic devices - like a little "EMF humming" computer - and therefore put out plenty EMF even if they were to have no antennas. Laptops seem even stronger in EMF emission (even with antennas disabled) - that's why Dr. K talked about having his wired to a separate screen and keyboard, even though the internet was hardwired.

I suppose a phone on Airplane mode would not be strong enough to affect an upstairs room, but it was still a problem for me if near to my body or next seat over in the car.

Scompy likes this.
  6. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

Ditched my fitbit altogether. Turned it off completely, put it in a bag with its charger and tucked it away.

Will have to inform friends that I am out of the 2016 miles in 2016 group.

Starfish Prime, Scompy and Lahelada like this.
  7. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

So which is worse for internet:

Having my wi-fi on, and using the laptop

~or~

Using my iPhone 4 in my hand (with wi-fi off)?

Cpt.Tired likes this.
  8. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

No, actually I stopped wearing glasses more and more of the time. When I needed glasses, I wore a weaker Rx.
    Wearing weaker glasses wasn't the driving force. Seafood was. I noticed improvement in my color vision first. Colors really started popping. Then I noticed that I enjoyed eating more when I wasn't wearing my glasses. About that time Jack started talking about gazing at sunshine. I started going without glasses when outside. I gradually started seeing vision improvements. Later I noticed that when walking through obstacles, like cactus, blackberry vines, or stickers, my vision could become sharper with stress, so I could see what I was avoiding. That was last year. Currently my vision is that sharp all the time now.

I would say seafood improves my eye structure, and sunshine focuses the improvements towards sharper vision.

Lahelada, thomas and Jenelle like this.
  9. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Glasses with a weaker Rx would be a slight stress to the eye.

10. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

Had a nice game of candlelight chess a couple nights ago. My youngest thought that was really fun. :)

[​IMG]

Lahelada and Scompy like this.
  11. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

And you are saying this would be a good stress ... Or a bad stress?

Your story is very interesting. I really appreciate you sharing.

12. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Jenelle likes this.
  13. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

Sounds about equal to me.
    That's exactly what my wife is doing now that I turned the wifi off. Using her iPhone.
    Can you plug in your laptop?
    It really sucks that they don't give us the plug-in option on a lot of stuff now. :mmpft:

14. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

Thank you, Cpt. I guess this is a detail I won't worry about too much. I'll just keep in mind that they are "equally bad" ... and try to spend less time on both. ;)

I sure hope I can plug in my laptop -- you mean to cable instead of using wi-fi, right? My husband and I talked about this a little more last night, and I think he is going to call about it soon. We can't just use our cell phone data because the kids are doing educational stuff online all the time. It would cost us a bunch... unless we switched carriers to one of those unlimited deals, I guess... That's a thought.

Cpt.Tired likes this.
  15. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

#12 -- We are doing more things by candlelight these past few nights.

I need to look into what is the "cleanest"-burning candle. I stopped using any scented candles in the house (which basically means I stopped using any candles at all) many years ago, due to allergies and asthma. We've got that all squared away now, and I don't have a problem using them -- but if anyone has suggestions of favorites ... I'd love to hear it.

I also REALLY want to look into the Himalayan salt lamps I keep hearing about. That's on my to-do list.

Edit: I've got these candles in my cart... not sure about the price tag:

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...ue&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_2&smid=A1B7M9EQGNCLQA

And check out this Himalayan salt candle holder! There are all kinds of them... I didn't even know they existed:

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...ue&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_1&smid=A3ACUPJ4C2HX16

Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
    lilreddgirl and Scompy like this.
  16. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

#13 -- "No video games after dark" -- new house rule.

I made this announcement last night. Everyone is aware of it, and will cooperate with it.

They've always had their time limited... But lately I've noticed how often they are asking to play. It's a habit. Teenager has been doing games on his phone while we are watching TV ( :rolleyes: ) ... There's the tablet, the Kindle, the Xbox, the Wii U................... Yeah.

Yeah, I know.
    Baby steps. :thumbsup:

17. Scompy

Scompy Gold

Wonderful! Because of standby mode with many game consoles, they can still output nnEMF 24/7 to search for WiFi controllers. If you don't know for sure if you've got it shutdown, best plan is to unplug the power supply from the wall.

I haven't measured the nnEMF from Wii U, yet. I'll let you know how that goes in the future.

Jenelle likes this.
  18. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

Thanks! :thumbsup:

We have been shutting off the switch on the power strip to the whole area every night (actually, any time it is not in use -- which is most of the time)... All of the games and a TV is on that one. Is that good enough to kill the controllers, or do we need to literally unplug the power strip from the wall?

We also shut down the other power strip -- which has another TV, U-Verse box, Wi-fi, etc.

If I need to unplug them, I will ~ I just wasn't sure if that was necessary. I thought that was the point of having the switch... right?

Cpt.Tired and Scompy like this.
  19. Scompy

Scompy Gold

Believe it or not, if the power supply is able to get power from the wall, turning off the power strip might not do it! You'll have to look on the power supply itself. Most have a light on it (an amber-looking one). If the light is still on, you're getting RF-EMF into the home from it. It was ultra-crazy when I discovered this, and my son is particularly sensitive to this nnEMF source for some reason (he can get itchy eyes and his ears get red when he's in close proximity to it). Hydration with video game playing has become mandatory too. It's so strange to think of this... I remember the early 80s when I was riding skateboards around the neighborhood. Isn't it sad that more hydration is required after an hour of video games playing (for electrons) in comparison with skateboarding outside? Yeah, I know.

Jenelle likes this.
  20. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

Just a quick note to pass on, in case anyone is interested:

I just got a bunch of Wild Planet tuna and salmon from www.vitacost.com (BPA-free ~ no-GMO, etc etc)

Extra 20% off food today only with code "PANTRY"

$10 off $75+ with code "RMN751"

Yes, you can stack these codes. I believe your total still has to be $75+ after you use the first code, in order to use the second.

As always, free shipping over $49. This worked out to be a pretty sweet deal for me!

Robert Haas likes this.