1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Baby Steps

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Jenelle, Feb 16, 2016.

1. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

Hey Laurel ~ thanks for stopping in!

^ I have read this part again and again, and I feel dumb, but... can you explain it further? I'm not sure what you mean by any of it. :oops:

Even though no one answered, I think what I'm picking up on is that folks are ordering the Sperti Vitamin D unit. I have not informed my husband that I've made up my mind about this yet ~ but I think I have. It is unrealistic for me to get to the tanning bed every day -- and we do NOT have sunshine here every day. I do understand that we get a certain level of exposure, rain or shine -- and I also know that I'm not going to go outside and sit in the rain or snow. It's just not happening. But if I have the Sperti here at home ~ there is NO excuse. Like, none.

I am not finished reading Jack's book yet, so I really haven't gotten to the details about nnEMF, CT, or what sort of water he recommends. These are things I can see like tiny specks on the horizon right now... I know they are coming, I just haven't gotten there, yet.

We have wifi at our house... and the kids do use the internet for a lot of their curriculum/learning. It's not realistic for us to have it shut off during the day -- but I HAVE been killing the power to it and all of the other TV/electronics every night since I started posting here.

Yeah, the mold issue... Found out today that it is not the plumbing at all, but water getting through tiny, hairline cracks in the grout between the shower tiles... running down through the wall and into our bedroom. :rolleyes: So unfortunately, he was not able to fix it today. We have to decide if we want to have the tile/grout re-done (again) or if we want to replace it with a fiberglass shower insert and be done with it. I am glad I got all of the carpet, padding, tack strip, etc out of that area ~ and glad that he did NOT see any funky nastiness going on inside our walls. I can live with half carpet, half concrete slab in my bedroom for awhile... I canNOT live with mold festering in there.

---------

I got to go to lunch with a friend today, and we talked about the trips they have taken to Mexico. She directed me to a website where they have booked their package deals for their past couple of trips.

I really want to go now.

This last time, they stayed at an "eco resort" in the Cancun area (Playa del Carmen) ... animals, and jungle ~ and ALL-INCLUSIVE......... We have never done anything like that. I will officially be daydreaming about it until it finally happens.

http://www.sandos.com/hotel-sandos-caracol-in-playa-del-carmen.htm

Last edited: Feb 27, 2016
    Robert Haas likes this.
  2. Robert Haas

Robert Haas New Member

Do it! (the trip I mean) Just don't stray too far from the resort. Lots of creepy crawly's there and I don't mean bugs.

Jenelle likes this.
  3. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Jenelle, I got my doc to write a "computer glasses" prescription, to help with mid-distance vision. It was one diopter less for each eye. So yours might be something like -5.75 and -6.00. I complained that it was getting more and more effort to focus at that distance.

I need to go back and get a new Rx. I'm already legal to drive with my first pair of computer glasses and my vision is way too sharp in them.

Jenelle likes this.
  4. Starfish Prime

Starfish Prime New Member

I meant that I'm not inclined to settle for average or just ok when excellence is on the table. I want to thrive and I want my boys to thrive-not just survive being part of the flock of lemmings falling off the cliff. And as far as the curls bit-it's silly:rolleyes:....all my life I've envied the girls with the clouds of curls and the more I stick with this the curlier my hair gets. I'd rather wear glasses and have curls than wear contacts and have lank, anemic waves. So :glasses: it is.

I think the reason no one really specifically answered re the Sperti is that context is THE key-what's right for he may be the exact opposite of what you need to find optimal. Everyone needs the basics-sun, water, nnEMF reduction, but how much and how critical it is are very individual.

And not to overwhelm you, but nnEMF isn't looming on the horizon, it's the 800 lb gorilla:eek: in the corner hiding under a lampshade. Does it have to be wifi that the kids use or could you simply hardware it and kill the wireless router?vFood for thought :)

Jenelle likes this.
  5. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

No ~ I gotcha ~ I do realize that we are living in it every day. And have been for years.

But there are only so many hours in the day, and I can only make so many of these baby steps at a time. The word "overwhelm" is accurate in this case, if I let myself go there...

I have considered going back to cable. We are not happy with the wi-fi service we have, nor the bill. We just talked about it a little bit last night, in fact.

The idea of our laptops having to be plugged into a wall for an internet connection is just so ... well, depressing, to be honest. I love being able to carry this thing to any room of the house and have that internet access at our fingertips. My kids aren't in school ~ so the whole world is their classroom. If I don't know the answer to something, or we want to know more about something -- we look it up. That happens anywhere, everywhere... all the time.

I am not making excuses. I do understand that it's a problem. It is a "speck on the horizon" for me right now because I haven't learned enough about it yet to make an educated decision. I need to really understand it, and be able to explain it to the other members of my family if we are going to make a huge and very inconvenient change.

When I see people here talking about smart meters -- where do you get such a thing?

And is there an internet link for how much nnEMF there is in certain places? I have seen Jack talk about some cities being worse than others, etc... but where do you find this information?

6. Penny

Penny New Member

Jenelle and Cpt.Tired like this.
  7. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

I thought it was 300 (reference- Dr. Klinghardt) (lol!)(as if it really matters at THAT amount!)
    (oops.. I just realized that this IS the Klinghardt reference!):oops:

8. lilreddgirl

lilreddgirl New Member

Yeah it says that the mold made 600 times more mycotoxins when exposed to EMF - considered a response of the mold to stressor. I guess mold doesn't like uncomfy EMF ! Hmm I wonder if I have mold or other chronic infection and that's why I'm EMF sensitive... it's making more (60,000% more) mycotoxins around EMF ... :p

Jenelle and Cpt.Tired like this.
  9. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

I hope this helps .

I have considered going back to cable. We are not happy with the wi-fi service we have, nor the bill. You could wire the internet to more than just one point in the house. It is better that you do not carry the laptop on you though so having it rest on a surface with your body away from it is a good thing. It is also better if the laptop is not plugged in the mains when you are using it . Plug it in for charging only and leave it akone when it is charging

When I see people here talking about smart meters -- where do you get such a thing? A smartmeter is what you DO NOT want. It is the electricity meter that sends info back to the electricity company via wifi automatically every so often ,very often,,,, You are probably confusing it with the EMF trimeter people are using to find out what is happening in their environment

And is there an internet link for how much nnEMF there is in certain places? I have seen Jack talk about some cities being worse than others, etc... but where do you find this information? Yes there is but not an easy read one . It is a picture that you have to piece together[/. antennasearch.com and opensignal.com are good sites but they only give you half the story

How are you doing with blue light mitigation ?

Jenelle likes this.
  10. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

The biggest thing to worry about is your cordless phone (land line) with DECT technology. (Most are DECT these days) They are the very WORST for nnEMF! They pulse 24/7.
    When my meter came in the mail last year and I turned it on I went "holy shit! Where is THAT signal coming from?"
    It was the cordless phone base unit (s).

Best option- Get a corded land line

Next best - Get an older style 600Mhz cordless phone

Next best - Trim the antennas off of the DECT phone base

Jenelle and Lahelada like this.
  11. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

I wonder if the same in humans would be the "baby boom". The stress of war makes us multiply. Maybe it is the same with mold.(?)

lilreddgirl likes this.
  12. lilreddgirl

lilreddgirl New Member

Cool! I did not realize the stress of war makes us multiply. That is an interesting thought. Stress probably makes us put out more toxins too!

Re: War I read an interesting book about psychological health of common child rearing practices called 'The Origin of War in Child Abuse.' I actually listened to it as it was a series of audio-chapters online.

Cpt.Tired likes this.
  13. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

Hey ~ thanks for posting! So... are you saying that if I started wearing a weaker prescription all the time... that my vision would eventually improve to that level?

I guess I just don't fully understand this yet. What other things are you doing that you feel like help this happen?

14. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

I think I got a nice dopamine boost last night from exploring their site... researching other resorts in the area... looking at pictures, and imagining us being there.

Actually going will probably be: No time soon. :(

My friend said they paid $2100 for their family of four to go for a week off-season -- that included airfare, hotel, and all food & drinks. THAT sounded amazing... but of course I am not seeing those prices for our family of five. Our teenager is considered another adult, and they also won't quote us a standard room.

Have you actually been to the area I'm talking about? If so ~ cool!

15. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

16. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

Thanks for your post, Lahelada! It was all very helpful.

So the meters people use to see what is going on in their environment... Would it be like this one:
    http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00050WQ1G?keywords=emf trifield meter&qid=1456629377&ref_=sr_1_1&refinements=p_85:2470955011&rps=1&sr=8-1

This one is more expensive, but I'm not sure what the difference is between the two:
    http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IBJHAAU?keywords=emf trifield meter&qid=1456630178&ref_=sr_1_5&refinements=p_85:2470955011&rps=1&sr=8-5

Blue light mitigation... Well, we've had flux on our computers for years now (but I still need to figure out if there is a way to have it on the warmer setting all the time). I've always done pretty well about keeping the lights low at night... But some are definitely still on, I have no special bulbs yet, and right now (winter) the TV is on most nights. But we've all got orange glasses now! I got mine GREAT BIG so they can fit over my glasses at night. (I just had to post a picture to share the nerdiness with y'all.) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 27, 2016
    Robert Haas and Lahelada like this.
  17. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

Whether this is good or bad... We have not had a home phone for many years now. So thankfully, this one is not an issue.

We do have cell phones ~ another can of worms. :)

Cpt.Tired likes this.
  18. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

I would use speaker phone as much as possible while using a cell phone and make sure that everyone has their phones in airplane mode while sleeping.
    Your sleep location is THE most important area that needs to be nnEMF free. If that is not possible then I would look into getting a Magnetico for protection.:thumbsup:

19. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Looking good , the Jackie O. look for the 21st century ...

Jenelle likes this.
  20. Robert Haas

Robert Haas New Member

*BOOM*

Cpt.Tired likes this.