1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Baby Steps

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Jenelle, Feb 16, 2016.

1. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

I do it every morning before work now. And have a quick cold shower for a jump start.

Jenelle likes this.
  2. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

Man would that EVER be nice. Having the energy to just walk away from caffeine:)
    I barely have the energy to get through the work day!

3. Sue-UK

Sue-UK New Member

I've been watching a series about the brain .... From the episode that featured dopamine it said that there is a dopamine burst when something turns out better than expected which tells other parts of the brain to increase the value of that option. So a "high" from caffeine or alcohol might produce a drive to continue or repeat the experience ..... If the circuitry for "I want it now" is competing with the "think about the longer term consequences" circuitry, it can be tough. Apparently willpower is not something we exercise, it's energy we use up ... And it's difficult to run on empty.

The dot I've connected for myself is that on a full tank, (electrons) and getting my dopamine hit from things like light and cold, means that self medicating to try and raise dopamine with things like coffee, alcohol and chocolate just doesn't interest me much. Their value has dropped. The dopamine hit from light and cold, or things like a social interaction with someone that goes well has a much higher value, and is more energy efficient because there is no conflict between the "I want it now" and "think about the longer term consequences" circuits of the brain, so no energy loss to willpower. Well that's the theory ... :confused::)

Torrid, nonchalant, caroline and 3 others like this.
  4. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

^ YES. Sue, I like this a lot ~ and I've got more to say. I hope you'll stick around! :)

5. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

So, just a quick update for today, because I am feeling really good and I've got stuff to do! :thumbsup:

Yesterday:

~ I had oysters in my eggs for breakfast
    ~ a can of sardines in my salad for lunch
    ~ went to the tanning place for 4 min of UV
    ~ drank all of my coffee earlier in the day
    ~ got 5.39 miles of easy walking, according to my fitbit

(Let's discuss fitbits LATER, please! I am not ready to ditch it.)

~ did not feel the call of tequila at bedtime
    ~ in bed, lights out before midnight
    ~ slept 8 hours, 24 minutes

Woke up today and had oysters in my eggs again. (Edited to say: I was outside with my breakfast by 9:03 today = improvement!)

Will be on the search today for any canned oysters in my area which say "no BPA" on the can. Discovered the ones I had say nothing about it... and they are from China. I don't know if that's super bad, but I'm guessing it's not good. I know fresh would be best... but ~ Baby Steps. Looked all over Costco for them, and didn't see an oyster in sight? o_O

I am still working on Jack's book, fitting a few minutes in wherever I can. Yesterday, they told me I had to wait for 16 minutes at the tanning place ~ and I could have just kicked my own ass so much for not bringing it with me! I also just got "Blink" from the library... which I believe I have seen him recommend here. My Amazon cart and my library list is filling up again... and as my friend Rob knows, this is the real me! She's returning! She's here!

Thank you all. I mean it ~ I am thankful for each and every one of you who are here each day and sharing your stories. Things had grown stagnant with me, lately. I have been stuck in a rut. Spinning my wheels. Too focused on just the food part of things, but still not getting it right! I needed a new angle, for sure. :thumbsup:

Anyway ~ I hope you all have a great day. I'm off to lift some heavy things!

I'll leave you with this nugget I dug up yesterday from Jack:

"Open your mind to change...........
    You don't invoke moderation in a transformation. You can't be neutral on a moving train with a destination."

Robert Haas likes this.
  6. shah78

shah78 Gold

Fitbit? :(

7. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

Yeah... I know. I said, let's talk about this LATER. ;)

I've got a few online friends who wanted to do 2016 miles in 2016... and I have no idea if I will make that goal or not, but I haven't wanted to abandon the group, just yet. I'm torn on that one.

I already know what the general consensus here is going to be... and I didn't need to mention it at all ~ but I'm a super honest person, so -- there you go. Let's talk about it later. :)

shah78 likes this.
  8. Robert Haas

Robert Haas New Member

9. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

I have read that one. I see that they are talking about doing it incrementally... But I don't have "reading glasses". I just have glasses and contacts ~ with the same prescription: -6.75 in one eye, -7.00 in the other. More than twice as bad as what that person was dealing with. I am intrigued... but I can't say I am very hopeful on this one.

10. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

Baby Step #9 is that I have been drinking A LOT more water. I haven't even read about what is the ~right~ sort of water yet... But I am just more thirsty / more aware of it lately? Because of increased sunlight/tanning? Because of increased fish? I don't know... I also heard Jack on a podcast talk about how MUCH water he drinks. Anyway ~ I am definitely drinking more water than I had been previously.

My oyster search today did NOT go well. It appears, at our regular grocery store, my options are:
    1) canned, from China, with no mention of BPA on the can
    2) in a plastic tub, which clearly says "farmed", and no mention of BPA

Ugh. I left the store with no oysters whatsoever. I am not sure what is best to do here.

But I had my remaining oysters for breakfast ~ sardines for lunch ~ and salmon for dinner. This was super energizing for me -- like being buzzed up on coffee, but BETTER. :)

11. Robert Haas

Robert Haas New Member

There's nothing to be afraid of since most domestic oysters are "farmed". Where I live they have many aquiculture areas in local bays that are set aside to raise oysters. They are in their native habitat in protected waters tested to be safe from disease. It's rare you'll find "wild caught" oysters since most have died off due to overharvesting and vibro (bacteria).

Also most are GMO to be disease resistant but again, nothing to be afraid there either.

https://www.chesapeakebay.net/issues/issue/oysters

Jenelle likes this.
  12. Sue-UK

Sue-UK New Member

I'm still dealing with losing the vision in my right eye last September. I didn't need glasses before for reading (my eyesight wasn't perfect but my eyes sort of compensated for each other), but that changed overnight. As a short term measure I used a large magnifying glass to read normal size print, and printed out the blogs in print large enough to read without glasses for my left eye. I bought a pair of reading glasses at the airport so that I didn't have to use a magnifying glass reading a menu in a restaurant on holiday. But I sort of think that I would use a telescope to bring the stars and planets closer to view, but I could also just gaze at the stars ......so I try and read without glasses, but perch them right on the end of my nose to read if I need to, so that I still have natural light falling on my eyes. I have regained some sight back, using DHA, light water magnetism and eyeball CT, and I know I am helping protect and improve my left eye. (My greatest fear was losing sight in that eye too). I have better vision in both eyes outside on a bright clear day, with my bare feet on the grass. With that, my right eye can now see the blog page, and the black print, but I can't read it yet. But I will get there ..... :D

caroline and Cpt.Tired like this.
  13. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

Hey, thanks, Rob... I read through the link. Good to know!

I don't know where the little plastic tub came from... I just saw "farmed" and moved on. Clearly a newbie to this oyster business. ;)

I ordered these on Amazon today ~ with subscribe & save, this equals out to $3.51 per can, or about $7.00/lb. No junky oils -- just oysters in water.

I am happy with this purchase ~ but if anyone sees a reason why I shouldn't be... please let me know.

BPA free
    Non-GMO verified
    (I know, you said this doesn't matter)

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BP3Q5V4?ref_=sns_myd_detail_page

Robert Haas likes this.
  14. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

Sue, are you saying you *completely* lost vision in one eye overnight? So sorry ~ do you know what caused that? I need to go check out your journal...

15. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

I really think I have decided to purchase a Sperti. My tanning membership is done toward the end of May ... And besides that, I feel like having a unit at home is sort of crucial. For myself and maybe the whole family.

Today I woke up and it was raining. And I know ~ I have known for a long time ~ that I am very sensitive to this. I feel *like a whole new person* on sunny days. I have dreamed of moving south since I was 18 years old. I had a plan. When I started dating my husband, I remember telling my family: "If it doesn't work out with this guy, I'm moving to Pigeon Forge."

Well damn... It worked out. And here I am ~ still up north. :) haha

Anyway -- I would really appreciate all opinions from those more "in the know" around here: Should I be looking at the "Vitamin D" unit, or the "tanning" unit?

Thank you!

Cpt.Tired and Sean L. like this.
  16. Robert Haas

Robert Haas New Member

Those look awesome & great price for a 12 pack. I buy a EDIT: Pint not quart jar of raw fresh shucked for $15.00. Open it up an spoon'em out and slurp them down right out of the glass jar, yum!

Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
    Jenelle likes this.
  17. Penny

Penny New Member

https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/melanin.17273/

This is an excellent talk showing you that light is the key to the eye clock mechanism and contains the answer to your question. They miss completely why the SCN is affected by temperature. They also miss why blind people are truly at a disadvantage. Without light dopamine levels are never optimized in the eye or brain. They do mention how the blind gut clocks become uncoupled from the SCN but never go into the detail I do about how this causes metabolic syndrome. It turns out the light is the stimulus humans use to proton tunnel, and proton tunneling controls the tyrosinase enzyme that makes ALL pigmented proteins in the body like dopamine, serotonin and melanin. Anything that brings protons or electrons closer in geometry lowers the energy barrier for them to tunnel. As a result this allows UV light to interact with tyrosine in the eye to create dopamine. Dopamine is linked with health and aging and eye fitness. The higher the endogenous dopamine level is the mor planar DHA becomes to act like a wire filled with electrons. This UV light stimulus also stimulates production of things like folate and B12 that make neuronal firing higher. Folate and B12 are made of amino residues that also need UV light to form properly. In the aging eye dopamine levels drop. In illness dopamine levels drop. Dopamine is fundamental in melanin synthesis in the RPE. Without melanin UV light can not be made photoelectrically. Taking exogenous dopamine or its analogues always leads to problems because the exogenous pathways are not specifically quantized to light interactions with the RPE in the retina. This is why our cousins, the chimps sleep 12 hours a day and humans only need 8 hours a day. It is a function of the dopamine levels being made in the eye tissues that generalize to the frontal eye fields and frontal lobes along the central retinal pathways. Chimps do not have well developed frontal lobes like humans do. The higher your dopamine levels are in the eye and brain the less sleep you need to regenerate. Chimps need more sleep than we do. This also links to their metabolic pathways because the central retinal pathways control both via the organization of the retina. This make the stimulus to UV light critical. Dopamine is made from tyrosine and tyrosine absorbs UV light 260-289 nm. Tyrosinase enzyme works via proton tunneling. This is how the gears of the eye clock fundamentally tick and this is what this BBC program is missing. The quantum details of light and temperature. This is what www.jackkruse give people. Details. http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b06rzd44#play

Expose your eyes to the morning sun without anything on them - eat seafood beforehand - face dunk in cold water - oysters contain zinc which is great for your eyes - they also feed the gut flora - although I think that works better when raw - gut flora make neurotransmitters:

http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2015/06/gut-bacteria-on-the-brain/395918/
    Almonds are great for feeding the gut flora...

Here is some great info on melanin and your eyes :
    http://beforeitsnews.com/free-energy/2011/05/could-human-photosynthesis-power-the-future-609065.html

nicotine followed by sunlight might be a good move for you although not if you quit smoking probably - you could do the tyrosine/methylene blue hack:
    https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.p...lasmy-bio-hack-results-nicotine-and-mb.17445/

Jenelle likes this.
  18. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

I'm the same. Here in Vancouver it rains all the time. It just sucks. It's beautiful when its sunny but depressing the rest of the time. I feel a huge difference in my mood when the sun is out. Especially when its not too hot.
    Now that I know how important sunshine is for depression and energy, I would really like to move too. But not my wife.:(

19. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

Wow, Penny ~ thanks for all of that info! I will definitely check out these links and respond more later. I truly appreciate the time you took to post here.

There is so much great information coming to me right now... Everyone, please know that I DO go back and re-read this thread when I have more time, or when I am in a different mood ~ to try to reflect, make sure I haven't missed anything, and absorb things better. If I don't respond right away ~ I will respond eventually. :)

Cpt ~ If moving were an option for us, I would sooooo GO. I know, I know... I saw someone post here: "Can't means won't" ~ and that is powerful, and true. So I am not going to say that we can't. For now I will just say that it does not look likely in the near future.

-----

We had kind of a screwy day today, and I did not get to eat as much as I should have, nor have as much DHA going in. By the time I was getting the kids to bed tonight, I was feeling it. Just ~ pissed.

MOLD has been discovered along one wall of our bedroom carpet... the dog has brought it to our attention with his digging over the past couple of months. Well.... guess who is feeling better and was finally ready to tackle it today?

[​IMG]

LOL. Yup... me.

I worked so hard today... I tore out the carpet and the padding in that area, I meticulously scraped the concrete slab to remove all traces of the foam padding that was stuck to it, tore out the rotted tack strip, the moldy trim... vacuumed like a madwoman, trying to suck all of this stuff up and get it OUT of our house.

I don't even know where I am going with this... The plumber is coming early tomorrow to fix what is ~probably~ a slow leak of some sort going on in the wall...

I think my point of posting this is to say that I am feeling really good ~ capable and strong again. Confident and ready to tackle things.

I'd like to thank my friend Rob for helping me get to this point. Because... a couple of weeks ago, I was feeling pretty down and defeated, honestly. Just NOT like myself. Fish and sunlight... sunlight and fish... this is what I was missing. I already had the keto diet down pat ~ but I needed more.

Robert Haas, Marbear and Scompy like this.
  20. Starfish Prime

Starfish Prime New Member

I can vouch for this-I was a faithful coffee drinker for years...and got the light...not right, but better-and coffee just doesn't sound good anymore. I forgot to drink it one day-and the next, and the next, and next thing you know it was a month and no headaches or anything! Sugar was kind of the same way-it's just not appetizing.

More DHA and more light = more dopamine!<--From the tone of your post it sounds like you're moving the right direction!

I sympathize with the contacts-I wore RGP's for years (-6.00 here..with serious astigamtism!) and my vanity cried big alligator tears at the thought of losing them. But I want the A more (and besides, my hair has gotten curlier doing this and curls>contacts for me:p). Take the specs off in the sun every chance you get :) I walk to the office/car without them-granted, it's a quiet street, but I can make out the sidewalk-mostly:whistle:

I am a bit north of you-and I broke down and ordered a Sperti on Wednesday-should be here monday. I'll keep you posted on how it works!

How is your home for wifi/nnEMF other than the shall-not-be-mentioned-fitbit?:eek:

It can get overwhelming...but it's worth it! Glad you got the mold issue ID'd-that's a nasty problem!

Cpt.Tired, Jenelle and Robert Haas like this.